Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sidbee
    • By sidbee 1st Apr 17, 2:52 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 34Thanks
    sidbee
    Together Energy?
    • 1st Apr 17, 2:52 PM
    Together Energy? 1st Apr 17 at 2:52 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!
    sidbee
Page 2
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 1st Oct 17, 2:26 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    I seem to get a result if I select the Together Energy variable tariff as my current tariff, but not their fixed Aug 18 tariff.

This post by MSE Laura about a month ago in another thread may explain further (and why they are not offered up by the CEC)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73027443&postcount=2

Perhaps you too could contact your supplier and ask why they are not prepared to provide the details of their tariffs to the Ofgem accredited comparison sites?
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Sorry, (re footguy's quote) I forgot to be specific on tariff, the CEC comparison works for me on their fixed Aug 18 tariff. Bit strange - works on both IOS and Windows browsers.
    Last edited by mikeyorkie10; 01-10-2017 at 2:29 PM. Reason: Typo
    • locky123
    • By locky123 6th Oct 17, 6:41 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    locky123
    Received this week final bill from GB Energy following switch to Together Energy on 14/9 and credit to be payed into account. Glitch with cheapenergyclub comparisons now resolved following changing to Together Energy.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 6th Oct 17, 8:44 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Received this week final bill from GB Energy following switch to Together Energy on 14/9 and credit to be payed into account. Glitch with cheapenergyclub comparisons now resolved following changing to Together Energy.
    Originally posted by locky123
    Glad it all worked out, just waiting for BG to sort my refunds now!
    • tomrob
    • By tomrob 8th Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    tomrob
    Better Together ?
    Together Energy are coming out top on price for me. They came top on a commercial comparison engine without being enabled to switch through the site which makes me tend to trust the result more than I would otherwise and having researched them and the ones that come top on a couple of other comparison sites (they only appeared on one) it seems to check out on the rates offered.
    The price advantage is not small either I did the MSE cheap energy club* thing and I estimate that their best suggestion is 20% more expensive then Together Energy.

Any way lets hope they're decent as I'm applying to switch now.

*In fact MSE looks a little odd, I don't know whether I did something wrong when I put my details in but the fiurst 10 recommendations on MSE are all different tarrifs from the same supplier (are Scottish Power sponsoring MSE at the moment).
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 8th Oct 17, 6:05 PM
    • 4,642 Posts
    • 2,814 Thanks
    Hengus
    Together Energy are coming out top on price for me. They came top on a commercial comparison engine without being enabled to switch through the site which makes me tend to trust the result more than I would otherwise and having researched them and the ones that come top on a couple of other comparison sites (they only appeared on one) it seems to check out on the rates offered.
    The price advantage is not small either I did the MSE cheap energy club* thing and I estimate that their best suggestion is 20% more expensive then Together Energy.

Any way lets hope they're decent as I'm applying to switch now.

*In fact MSE looks a little odd, I don't know whether I did something wrong when I put my details in but the fiurst 10 recommendations on MSE are all different tarrifs from the same supplier (are Scottish Power sponsoring MSE at the moment).
    Originally posted by tomrob
    MSE CEC bases its recommendations (cheapest tariffs) on the projected annual usage in kWhs/year you entered into your profile. MSE CEC is based on an Ofgem-accredited PCW. PCWs and suppliers use the same data so the results (annual cost projections) should be identical.

Suppliers do not sponsor PCWs.
    • pete22
    • By pete22 9th Oct 17, 12:03 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    pete22
    Changed from British Gas to Together Energy successfully today. Transfer went without a hitch. Expect to receive my refund from British Gas within 2 weeks.
    • locky123
    • By locky123 7th Nov 17, 4:23 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    locky123
    Anyone received a bill yet from Together Energy or been asked to log in?

When I emailed my readings and asked about a bill they said...We sent you a bill on the 16th of October to your email can you confirm whether you got this or not ? I will pass your information over to billing to get your portal access sent to you.

Never received the bill on 16/10 so it was resent and as yet not received any info to online access.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 7th Nov 17, 4:36 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10

When I emailed my readings and asked about a bill they said...We sent you a bill on the 16th of October to your email can you confirm whether you got this or not ? I will pass your information over to billing to get your portal access sent to you.

Never received the bill on 16/10 so it was resent and as yet not received any info to online access.
    Not received a bill since my mid October transfer - not sure how often I should get one. It was monthly with Ovo but only quarterly with BG.

I’ll ask the question and see what they say.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 8th Nov 17, 9:39 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10

Hi again, now got this reply from Together:
    “We bill quarterly so looking at when you started with ourselves you should be having your first bill in the middle of December. After you have received your first bill you will also get access to your online account at the same time. We will send you the log information via email and once you have access your online account you will be able to generate bills at your leisure. “
    Hope this answers your query....
    Mike
    • locky123
    • By locky123 9th Nov 17, 3:50 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    locky123
    Received email today asking for meter reading and to register for access to online account. Registration straightforward, gave reading and viewed 16/10 bill.

We are just about ready to send you your latest statement.

It would be great if you could send us up to date meter readings in the next 4 days.

The easiest way to submit your readings is via our customer portal . You can register for your online customer portal - here .

If you prefer, you can reply to this email with your readings. Remember to specify in the email which one is gas and which one is electricity. If you need help reading your meter you can call our team on 0333 150 1699.
    • bwelton
    • By bwelton 9th Nov 17, 4:54 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bwelton
    I switched to Together Energy. I did find them on MSE Cheap Energy Club, but not on USwitch. I tried a comparison search on USwitch and of course they were excluded, so I called them.

USwitch explained that Together Energy had refused to sign a contract and so they can list them in their results. I provided my usage as well as the Unit Rates and Standard charges to the USwitch customer agent and they confirmed that Together Energy was the cheapest provider for me.

So i challenged them that they were making comparisons and advising customer to go to energy providers whom were not the cheapest. They confirmed that was the case for me in my area, but may not be for other people. But explained that they cant recommend Together Energy unless they sign a contract.

I think you need to be very careful of USwitch as they effectively admitted to give incorrect comparisons by excluding the lowest energy cost providers (in this case Together Energy).

Now, I was concerned, so I rang Together Energy to check and they were slightly evasive, but said they were aware of the issue with USwitch. It seems there is a bit of a Mexican Standoff. I can only presume that its a commercial issue and that Together Energy wont pay a referral fee to USwitch, so USwitch exclude listing them in their results and teh consumer loses out...
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 13th Nov 17, 7:51 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Received email today asking for meter reading and to register for access to online account. Registration straightforward, gave reading and viewed 16/10 bill.

We are just about ready to send you your latest statement.

It would be great if you could send us up to date meter readings in the next 4 days.

The easiest way to submit your readings is via our customer portal . You can register for your online customer portal - here .

If you prefer, you can reply to this email with your readings. Remember to specify in the email which one is gas and which one is electricity. If you need help reading your meter you can call our team on 0333 150 1699.
    Received identical email today, submitted readings and within 5 minutes, latest statement was available on line with todays readings and calculations. Happy!
    • PandaJuggler
    • By PandaJuggler 7th Dec 17, 5:19 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PandaJuggler
    I switched to these recently, having seen on here that they were offering the best deal. I'm trying to be forgiving as they're a smaller outfit... but it's a bit shambolic so far.

I received 3 emails in the run up to my switch, all with varying dates/amounts for initial and regular payments. An email to support about this went unanswered. They took money as I guessed they might (!), working on the assumption that the final email was correct; but the regular payment date I requested appears to be wrong, I received no request for readings (also necessary to extract myself from ScottishPower... who are also not being exactly transparent!), there's a bill amount on their site which doesn't match what I've just paid, and when I try to submit readings, it doesn't appear to stick. Apart from that, all good
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 7th Dec 17, 5:31 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    I switched to these recently, having seen on here that they were offering the best deal. I'm trying to be forgiving as they're a smaller outfit... but it's a bit shambolic so far.

I received 3 emails in the run up to my switch, all with varying dates/amounts for initial and regular payments. An email to support about this went unanswered. They took money as I guessed they might (!), working on the assumption that the final email was correct; but the regular payment date I requested appears to be wrong, I received no request for readings (also necessary to extract myself from ScottishPower... who are also not being exactly transparent!), there's a bill amount on their site which doesn't match what I've just paid, and when I try to submit readings, it doesn't appear to stick. Apart from that, all good
    Originally posted by PandaJuggler
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. I only went with them on the basis of recommendations (and price!)... and all in all, its been painless. I can't help wondering if its something to do with the switching between the two companies - I've picked up on some other issues with Ovo switches but nothing with Scottish Power - I can only suggest trying their customer services people again as they've always been very responsive. Hope it sorts itself out.
    • PandaJuggler
    • By PandaJuggler 11th Dec 17, 6:54 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PandaJuggler
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. I only went with them on the basis of recommendations (and price!)... and all in all, its been painless. I can't help wondering if its something to do with the switching between the two companies - I've picked up on some other issues with Ovo switches but nothing with Scottish Power - I can only suggest trying their customer services people again as they've always been very responsive. Hope it sorts itself out.
    Originally posted by mikeyorkie10
    Thanks for your response By this evening I'd still heard nothing from them, so I tried calling rather than email. The welcome letter from November 17th gives a number which it says is open 10 til 7. I called it... and a recorded message told me they're closed, open 9 til 6 Mon - Thurs, and 9 til 5 Fri. Guess I'll try again in morning!
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 11th Dec 17, 9:20 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Don’t understand the confusion, hopefully it sorts itself in the morning ...
    • PandaJuggler
    • By PandaJuggler 12th Dec 17, 10:33 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PandaJuggler
    Gave them a ring this morning. Readings I submitted for the switch were received, there was just no way of telling I'd succeeded until I phoned. Hopefully things will improve once the switch is complete.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 12th Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Once the switch is complete you should get an invite to create an online account so you’ll be able to submit readings, see your record and bills etc.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 12th Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 2,010 Posts
    • 1,890 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    I transferred at the end of July and, despite emailed requests, no bill or log-in to date. I have sent meter readings every month.

I phoned today and was told it would be organised but three-monthly billing has turned into 5-monthly (if it comes soon). I do keep my own records but anybody with an underestimated DD could end up with substantial arrears.
    Je suis sabot...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

533Posts Today

4,176Users online

Martin's Twitter