Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sidbee
    • By sidbee 1st Apr 17, 2:52 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 34Thanks
    sidbee
    Together Energy?
    • 1st Apr 17, 2:52 PM
    Together Energy? 1st Apr 17 at 2:52 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!
    sidbee
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 1st Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    • 3,825 Posts
    • 1,519 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 1st Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    • 1st Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!
    Originally posted by sidbee
    No replies a couple of weeks back when a similar thread was created
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5620236

Only comment there from the OP was they couldn't "seem to find their Tariff prices anywhere to check them out properly."

Edit: Attempting a quote via their website, it appears they will only send the quote by email
    why not dispay it there and then like any other supplier does?

Maybe this thread from December sheds some more light on it. It suggests, according to Which?, they only currently supply to
    Dunbartonshire
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5566268

Edit2: Ah need to go to one extra step to see prices - to 'sign me up'

Edit3 : Edit 2 was done with a Dunbartonshire address - doesn't seem to work with another address

Last edited by footyguy; 01-04-2017 at 5:11 PM.
    • sidbee
    • By sidbee 1st Apr 17, 4:53 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    sidbee
    • 1st Apr 17, 4:53 PM
    • 1st Apr 17, 4:53 PM
    Thanks footyguy, I hadn't found that thread. At least 2 of us interested then!
    Tariff not shown on their web site, but if you fill in their quote section it comes up with their quotes and unit rates for the only 2 tariffs offered (one fixed, one variable).
    sidbee
    • sidbee
    • By sidbee 1st Apr 17, 5:49 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    sidbee
    • 1st Apr 17, 5:49 PM
    • 1st Apr 17, 5:49 PM
    Well I got a quote and don't live in Dunbartonshire. However, maybe they only supply certain supply regions at present.

I have now looked them up on the Companies Register. They have been trading for less than a year. 2 Directors/owners. Both are also the only directors of an outfit called Concord Energy Ltd where they are described as Energy Consultants.

So no history, very new..... but do I want to be a guinea pig?
    sidbee
    • locky123
    • By locky123 21st Aug 17, 6:58 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    locky123
    • 21st Aug 17, 6:58 PM
    • 21st Aug 17, 6:58 PM
    Signed up for electricity on 18/8 with Together Energy, can mods create a feedback thread for them.
    • locky123
    • By locky123 25th Aug 17, 7:44 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    locky123
    • 25th Aug 17, 7:44 PM
    • 25th Aug 17, 7:44 PM
    Switch date confirmed of 14/9 after signing up on 18/8.
    • locky123
    • By locky123 25th Aug 17, 7:47 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    locky123
    • 25th Aug 17, 7:47 PM
    • 25th Aug 17, 7:47 PM
    Together Energy dont appear using Cheap Energy Club comparison. I always use several comparison sites and still find Which switch shows more suppliers.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 27th Aug 17, 9:04 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    • 27th Aug 17, 9:04 AM
    • 27th Aug 17, 9:04 AM
    Switch date confirmed of 14/9 after signing up on 18/8.
    Originally posted by locky123
    Thinking of joining you on this switch. Got some great prices from their website....
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 27th Aug 17, 9:24 AM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 2,709 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 27th Aug 17, 9:24 AM
    • 27th Aug 17, 9:24 AM
    According to Utility Week (Jul 2017), Together Energy currently has 6000 customers but hopes to grow to 15000 customers by Dec 2017 and 100000 customers by 2020. Together Energy states that they 'spotted a gap in the market for an energy supplier that does things differently'.

The risk for all new suppliers is growing the business at a pace such that customer service doesn't suffer. This doesn't mean having someone on hand to answer the phone; more importantly, the business must get the customer transfer process 100% correct. Get that wrong and it means that more of the staff need to be diverted to dealing with customer complaints etc. I also worry when I read words like 'does things differently'. There is very little that can be done to do things differently: the important thing is getting the industry basics right.

Growing from 6000 to 10000 customers in 3 years is a big risk. Some suppliers like Ovo have done it: others, like, Iresa have struggled. In my experience, the best all round suppliers are those who have modest growth aspirations. Zog, for example, still has about 20000 customers and it has been going some time.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 27th Aug 17, 11:49 AM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 1,888 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    I switched to them a month or so ago. Very quick response to queries (before I moved) and everything gone smoothly, including DD. Too early for a bill yet but no regrets so far.

Website is pretty but primitive. Send meter reads by email.
    Last edited by Hoof Hearted; 27-08-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Je suis sabot...
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 28th Aug 17, 7:49 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    I switched to them a month or so ago. Very quick response to queries (before I moved) and everything gone smoothly, including DD. Too early for a bill yet but no regrets so far.

Website is pretty but primitive. Send meter reads by email.
    Originally posted by Hoof Hearted
    Tempted to give them a go...
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 1st Sep 17, 8:29 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Going for it!
    I looked at MSE Energy Clubs estimate based on 12400kw gas and 6400kw Electricity usage. Cheapest tariffs that came up were not recommended suppliers and the cheapest recommended Top Pick supplier was Avro. I also looked at TogetherEnergy – doesn’t come up on any comparison sites, stumbled across it by accident on a random Google search but looks OK . These are the results for me below:

Cost for one year, current British Gas / MSE Collective Fix, ends October 3rd next: £942, BG currently billing at £1038 (after unexplained DD hike!) and so will expect a refund of around £100
    Cost for one year, British Gas standard tariff from October 3rd next: £1567!! That's £553 more than is being paid now. I make that a 53% rise. I should point out that BG offered to move me to their new 12 month fixed tariff for an annual reduction of £23.24 but I didn’t even bother doing the maths on that!

Cost for one year, Avro 12 month fixed tariff: £1213. That's £354 cheaper than BG
    Cost for one year, TogetherEnergy 12 month fix , £1,153. That's £414 cheaper than British Gas. So, I initiated the transfer on the 27th August, already had emails from BG and Together stating that switch in progress and will be completed by 18th September.
    Only downer so far is that, apparently my BG Smart Meters will go 'dumb' after the switch. Info from Together states - "First Generation smart meters turn “dumb” once you change suppliers, so you will have to either email, call or log into our customer portal to provide your meter readings.Next year a new generation of meters will come out that follows the customer and not the supplier, and we will be able to provide our customers with those."

Any one any smart meter switch experience? The email response from Together took only 15 mins, bit of a change from BG's 5 days!

Will keep you posted on the experience
    Last edited by mikeyorkie10; 05-09-2017 at 8:09 AM. Reason: Status Update: transfer now set for 18th Sept.
    • Claireseagull
    • By Claireseagull 4th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Claireseagull
    I have just switched

I have just switched with Confused.com
    Most reputable comparison site, I always use them and always been happy with their recommendations.
    • thozza
    • By thozza 4th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 207 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    thozza
    Switched from GB
    Just signed up with them for electricity only, website works fine (so far) and received a welcome email within 1 minute.

Pricing was cheapest I could find, £0.10287/kWh (inc vat.), with a standing charge of £0.26438 (inc vat.). Claim to have the switch complete in 22 days, but let's see.

Switch is from GB Energy (Crystal 12 fix ending), so I have some first hand experience of small operators and their fallibility!
    • sam1974
    • By sam1974 6th Sep 17, 6:39 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    sam1974
    I've just initiated a switch today through Quidco/Lumo comparison, £50 cash back.

British gas currently - £1,381/year

Quotes:-

npower - £1,754/yr, £25 cash back

EDF Energy collective fix - £1,897/yr, £25 cash back

TogetherEnergy £1635.04 With £50 cash back from Quidco / Lumo

£204 (inc cashback) more expensive than current BG collective but cheaper than anything else I could find, especially for electric (11939 kWh per year!)

Bordering being East Midlands and West Midlands
    Electric: 10.823 pence per kWh / Standing Charge 24.368
    Gas: 2.573 pence per kWh / Standing Charge 19.644 pence per day

Lumo comparison app tells me my switch date is 19th October! Not heard anything from TogetherEnergy yet but only switched a couple of hours ago.
    • locky123
    • By locky123 12th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    locky123
    Asked to provide meter reading for switch on 14/9. Either phone or send photo of reading by email. Sent email this am and received confirmation this pm. So far so good.
    • pete22
    • By pete22 12th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    pete22
    Switched on the 4 September '17 using Confused.com. Acknowledgement from "Together" received on the 6 September.

Switching from British Gas (Collective Fix October 2017)
    • locky123
    • By locky123 30th Sep 17, 10:27 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    locky123
    Updated cheapenergyclub account to new Together Energy supplier but now it wont provide comparisons. If I change to a different supplier then it works, but not when Together Energy is selected.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 1st Oct 17, 7:21 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Updated cheapenergyclub account to new Together Energy supplier but now it wont provide comparisons. If I change to a different supplier then it works, but not when Together Energy is selected.
    Hi locky, dont understand that. I've updated my account to Together and the comparison is working OK... warns me I'm on a tariff with early get out charges and then shows I'm on the cheapest deal as all other results cost me extra?

Just to confirm, smart meter is now dumb and back to manual readings. Switched went thru as planned back on 18th Sept and monitor 'died' a few days later. Finally unplugged it yesterday as it was just a very large electronic thermometer :-) Seems to be a chance that these early BG SMETS1 monitors may be upgradeable or may have to be replaced. We should have the answer before 2020 !!
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 1st Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 3,825 Posts
    • 1,519 Thanks
    footyguy
    I seem to get a result if I select the Together Energy variable tariff as my current tariff, but not their fixed Aug 18 tariff.

This post by MSE Laura about a month ago in another thread may explain further (and why they are not offered up by the CEC)

Hi DaveLanks,

I'm sorry to hear that your email didn't get through to us. That's definitely the email address to reach us on, so I'm not too sure why it was returned with that message. Do you know roughly when you tried to email us, so that we can look into this?

The way that energy comparisons work is that we're reliant on suppliers to share the details of their tariffs with us so that we're able to key these into our system for you to select.

Frustratingly, not all providers are particularly good at doing this and despite chasing, it can be difficult for us to get the information needed. We've been chasing Together Energy for a while now, but unfortunately it's just not getting back to us and sharing it's rates card with us.

We're continuing to push for this and it is an issue we've also raised with Ofgem, the industry regulator.

I hope this helps.

MSE Laura
    Originally posted by MSE Laura
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73027443&postcount=2

Perhaps you too could contact your supplier and ask why they are not prepared to provide the details of their tariffs to the Ofgem accredited comparison sites?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,115Posts Today

7,691Users online

Martin's Twitter