Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • unitedwestand
    • By unitedwestand 30th Mar 17, 9:28 PM
    • 163Posts
    • 129Thanks
    unitedwestand
    Bitcoin, Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies
    • 30th Mar 17, 9:28 PM
    Bitcoin, Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies 30th Mar 17 at 9:28 PM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert:

Hi, Martin's blogged on Bitcoins and cryptocurrencies. Have a read of it here:

Bitcoin: Four things you need to know

Back to unitedwestand's original post...

----

Searching the main MSE site for "Bitcoin" returns 8 results, "Blockchain 1 result & Cryptocurrencies 1 & 3 of these results are for the same single article.

Doing the same on the UK Governments website, Bitcoin 16 results, Blockchain 23 results & Cryptocurrencies 9 results.

Whereas searching for the term "money" returns 184k results on MSE and only 18k on Gov.UK and "Cash" 181k results on MSE and 7k on Gov.uk

This technology is undoubtedly the biggest financial revolution in the past decade and has the potential to empower & save the average person in every single element of what MSE covers.

Does MSE intentionally avoid covering it's evolution or will there be plans to dedicate forums and webpages to it in the future?

I'd really like to see that
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 01-12-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Page 2
    • Quasar
    • By Quasar 27th Nov 17, 9:19 PM
    • 113,634 Posts
    • 232,062 Thanks
    Quasar
    and 6 months later they are £7500 per coin..
    Originally posted by evosy1978
    Good. Let's hope it lasts.
    After all, cellulite is just a packet of crisps that made it.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 30th Nov 17, 7:48 PM
    • 11,557 Posts
    • 15,152 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Does that include Microsoft, Virgin, Expedia, Paypal, Dell, Bloomberg, Tesla, T-mobile etc who all use it?

Or maybe you could give a clue how it couldn't?
    Originally posted by unitedwestand
    Just because those companies use it doesn't mean it's any good.

I'd stay clear of anything Bloomberg uses because it'll probably blow up like the Falcon 9.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    Even my PC is nicknamed "GIBBS".
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 1st Dec 17, 10:02 AM
    • 8,807 Posts
    • 21,100 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi all

Martin's blogged on it:

Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Mobeer
    • By Mobeer 1st Dec 17, 10:21 AM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 4,393 Thanks
    Mobeer
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea

Not really - Martin has only "blogged on" Bitcoin - nothing on Blockchain or other Cryto currencies.

Personally I find the idea of a tamper-proof car maintenance document have more useful:
    https://media.group.renault.com/global/en-gb/groupe-renault/media/pressreleases/94238/groupe-renault-microsoft-et-viseo-sassocient-pour-creer-le-premier-prototype-de-carnet-dentretien-nu1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

220Posts Today

1,341Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin