Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • someanonbloke
    • By someanonbloke 28th Mar 17, 8:10 PM
    • 174Posts
    • 14Thanks
    someanonbloke
    Opinions on Iresa Ltd
    • 28th Mar 17, 8:10 PM
    Opinions on Iresa Ltd 28th Mar 17 at 8:10 PM
    Hi, I've crunched the numbers for energy and...

http://www.iresa.co.uk/

..have come out as best value for me in my area.

I've never heard of them and I also came across this:

http://energy-advise.com/2016/06/16/iresa-energy-reviews/

It seems the company are giving the lowest prices to grab a part of the market, but it doesn't appear to be a well run company.

This could turn out to be a false economy. I tend to hunt for the cheapest price but I'm worried I'll be stuck on the phone for hours in 6 months time trying to get the company to produce an accurate reading for my bill. I've been here before with other companies like Npower! (I've used British Gas, Sainsbury Energy and Coop whose service has been good).

Having said all that, with my current provider, Coop, about to hike prices 30%, and the next best options in the comparison provider being a load of other companies I've not heard of, maybe I have no choice but to go with the lowest price and hope for the best.
Page 2
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 13th Apr 17, 6:33 PM
    • 2,070 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    AndyPK
    In fairness their refund department works amazingly quickly too
    • Fitzmichael
    • By Fitzmichael 12th Jun 17, 12:20 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Fitzmichael
    Iresa dodgy? Will MSE let us know?
    The Times reported on 14 Apri that cut-price energy supplier Iresa has stopped taking new customers after being warned by Ofgem over poor customer service.
    Customers have complained that they cannot contact the company, with some reporting spending more than an hour waiting on the phone. Iresa has withdrawn its tariffs from sale, posting a note on its website saying that it is “not taking on new customers at the moment”.

I switched to it via Cheap Energy Club just a month before this warning. I haven't seen any warning about that in Martin's email and I hope the Club is not still promoting it.
    MSE Andrea edited a post enquiring about them on 30-03-2017, so perhaps she'll have something to tell us.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Jun 17, 11:32 AM
    • 3,293 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    footyguy
    The Times reported on 14 Apri that cut-price energy supplier Iresa has stopped taking new customers after being warned by Ofgem over poor customer service.
    Customers have complained that they cannot contact the company, with some reporting spending more than an hour waiting on the phone. Iresa has withdrawn its tariffs from sale, posting a note on its website saying that it is “not taking on new customers at the moment”.

I switched to it via Cheap Energy Club just a month before this warning. I haven't seen any warning about that in Martin's email and I hope the Club is not still promoting it.
    MSE Andrea edited a post enquiring about them on 30-03-2017, so perhaps she'll have something to tell us.
    Originally posted by Fitzmichael
    See my reply in other thread you posted this in
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72685815&postcount=232
    • fatemeh
    • By fatemeh 12th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    fatemeh
    Poor experience - switching to a different supplier
    When I switched to Iresa back in November 2016, I decided to ignore the negative reviews on Trustpilot as Iresa was a new player. I wish I haven't! Alas, I was tempted by their unit prices and their extremely competitive daily standing charges. My yearly usage for both electricity and gas puts me slightly above a "small user" but way below a "medium user", so a low standing charge offers me a real opportunity in terms of savings.

My biggest issue are the gas readings which Iresa have decided to conveniently ignore. I use a lot of gas over the winter but as soon as I stop heating the house, the usage falls dramatically. Six of my meter readings were never validated (to stick to Iresa jargon), whilst the electricity readings submitted at the same time - went through. Nothing in their T&C's or FAQ section explains the ground rules of their "validation process" and there is no information on how to dispute the lack of it.

I have waited patiently, but ended up logging in an enquiry in May. Needless to say, it remained unanswered, I'm not even attempting to call them based on their waiting times and the lack of luck in getting through reported by unhappy customers. Ironically, the gas was a problem from the beginning: my gas reading requested by Iresa was deemed "estimated" by my previous supplier, whilst the electricity reading, provided at the same time was deemed a final reading.

My switch to a new provider is due to be finalised at the end of the month and I am seriously considering cancelling my DD, as I rather prefer owing them money than fighting Iresa to get my money back. They also have a rather peculiar way of charging customers: although they charge one DD for dual fuel per customer ID, they operate one account for gas and one account for electricity (2 accounts numbers under one customer ID). As it stands, I am over £70 in debit for my gas and over £50 in credit for my electricity.

Think twice before you switch to a new supplier...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,187Posts Today

6,424Users online

Martin's Twitter