Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• jwil wrote: »
    Hey everyone :)

Had a bit of an up and down weekend. I did a lot of decluttering, and DH did some re-cluttering :mad: He used a scraggy tea towel put out for recycling rather than using one we were keeping, and even took something out of the bin! :mad: I put a load of rags out, and he wants to put them in the garage for use out there. I pointed out that there is at least one massive bag of rags out there already, his answer was 'but I can't get to them'. *sigh*

In more positive news, we sold loads on ebay :T :T However the numpties are out in force again. Also, DH has been switched over to the new seller hub which I hate. It just seems harder to do anything. Also when you do relists, it doesn't automatically hide those already relisted. So I relisted the same batch of 100 items twice yesterday :mad: It didn't warn me (the old system did), and you can't bulk end auctions, so I had to end them all individually which took ages!

I did manage to get most of it posted this morning though, so only have a few bits to do tomorrow, hoping everyone pays up promptly!

Your DH is just like mine with regard to clutter :eek: Can you get rid of things without him knowing? I bet he wouldn't notice ;)

Your ebay experience is really annoying :mad: that's partly why I don't ebay. Hope you sell lots anyway :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,825
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Todays pads:

£3.24 to Mortgage
    £1.00 to savings
    £1.00 to joint od
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    'Man found murdered with 100 old rags'
    'Wife said "they must be the ones he couldn't find in the garage (evil cackle)"'

I'm alright thank you. My husband is keeping his gloves for air softing... There's gloves for that??? Why do we have to have them? He's also keeping his YMCA costume. You can't understand why they keep what they keep. I'm doing ok... not money wise but hey ho. I still haven't cracked school routine either. The bloody homework always trips me up. She's only 4!

Keep up the great work jwil.
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Your DH is just like mine with regard to clutter :eek: Can you get rid of things without him knowing? I bet he wouldn't notice ;)

Your ebay experience is really annoying :mad: that's partly why I don't ebay. Hope you sell lots anyway :)

It's very frustrating! Unfortunately I could not get rid of anything of his without him knowing, but I have been known to sneak my stuff out without telling him as he'd try to recover some of it! It was quite easy on maternity leave while I was home, it's a lot harder now :rotfl:

eBay drives me crazy. I hate it, but for all it's faults, it's what has kept us going the last few years. There's no way we would have made the money we have by using local sites/car boot sales.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    'Man found murdered with 100 old rags'
    'Wife said "they must be the ones he couldn't find in the garage (evil cackle)"'

I'm alright thank you. My husband is keeping his gloves for air softing... There's gloves for that??? Why do we have to have them? He's also keeping his YMCA costume. You can't understand why they keep what they keep. I'm doing ok... not money wise but hey ho. I still haven't cracked school routine either. The bloody homework always trips me up. She's only 4!

Keep up the great work jwil.

:D:D:D:D:D That might come true one day :D:D:D:D:D

Glad you are ok, it's frustrating what others want to keep!

I can't cope with the homework routine either, just fitting in a few minutes here and there to do reading and writing is a real struggle, and I hate to say that :(:o I don't get home until bedtime two days a week, and the other days it's trying to sort out dinner and everything else and we all don't get home until after 5pm.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I had to pick up little miss yesterday as she was sick at nursery :( She's been fine ever since so hopefully she'll be back tomorrow. Really hoping little jwil doesn't get it. My work are being very good, but I do seem to be taking a lot of time off at the moment and I feel bad about it. DH is still in his probation period so although he has done one lot, we don't want to rock the boat which means it all falls to me :(
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Todays pads:

£1.31 to Mortgage
    £2.00 to savings
    £1.48 to joint od

1 parcel posted today.

Trying to clean/bleach/sterilise everything I can today to hopefully clear any bugs!
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Todays pads:

£1.31 to Mortgage
    £3.00 to savings
    £2.69 to joint od

I had good news yesterday, my PPI claim has been upheld :j However, I only had it for 2 years, and I doubt I was paying very much, so I don't think I'll be in line for a big payout. They said I will know in the next 28 days. Anything's better than nothing, and this is the account that was wiped out so I can't complain :T

DH and I need to get new phones as ours are dying. We are going to get a relatively expensive one, but we have enough nectar points to almost cover one of them, and then we will split the cost of the second one, so it won't be too bad in the end. We are looking at new sims too, but will still be on PAYG.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Ooh, just looked at my credit report and the debt that was wiped out has been completely removed from there :T :T I re-checked last months, and it was definitely showing on there then :D
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Todays pads:

£1.24 to Mortgage
    £20.00 to savings
    £5.62 to joint od

7 parcels posted.
This discussion has been closed.