Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • letsbehonest
    • By letsbehonest 26th Mar 17, 10:50 AM
    • 920Posts
    • 207Thanks
    letsbehonest
    Amazon prime fiddle
    • 26th Mar 17, 10:50 AM
    Amazon prime fiddle 26th Mar 17 at 10:50 AM
    Whilst checking my CC account recently I discovered that Amazon have charged me for Prime for which I have never signed up for, even more annoying they did the same last year and I missed that. Amazon refunded me the £158 straight away but I am still waiting for a satisfactory explanation. Not to put to finer point on it this is theft.
    Last edited by letsbehonest; 26-03-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
Page 2
    • KILL BILL
    • By KILL BILL 13th May 17, 7:06 PM
    • 2,077 Posts
    • 1,277 Thanks
    KILL BILL
    if i want to avail myself of their 1 month trial i make and order and then i go into the prime settings and cancel it - get full use of the prime membership for that month before it expires

never had a problem with this before its just appears that some people dont cancel within the time period
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 15th May 17, 11:03 AM
    • 1,946 Posts
    • 888 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    Same happened to me, I got refunded as I contacted them quickly and I never used a free one day delivery service.

Dont know how it happened, amazon do often popup a box for you to sign up to prime when submitting orders, and is it possible I clicked without realising, I guess, but considering you have to click twice as also need to confirm I dont think I did it.

I am back on prime now but only for one month, needed something delivered today I ordered yesterday, and the fee for one month was the same next day for that one shipment. But I have already cancelled the auto renewal.
    • nkkingston
    • By nkkingston 15th May 17, 2:57 PM
    • 417 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    nkkingston
    It's not always a pop up - sometimes they'll sneak it in amongst the other postal options and 'auto select' it for you.
    Mortgage
    June 2016: £93,295
    July 2017: £81,691.11
    • Nodding Donkey
    • By Nodding Donkey 17th May 17, 5:09 AM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 1,979 Thanks
    Nodding Donkey
    I'm a firm believer that any sort of automatic renewal should be outlawed unless you make a positive choice to apply it, not assumed because of another choice you have made.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 17th May 17, 9:53 AM
    • 9,727 Posts
    • 6,751 Thanks
    neilmcl
    I'm a firm believer in everyone taking the time to read all the T&Cs of the services they sign up to BEFORE they sign up to them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

260Posts Today

1,606Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin