Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ptapaula
    • By ptapaula 24th Mar 17, 11:55 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ptapaula
    Prestige Flowers
    • 24th Mar 17, 11:55 AM
    Prestige Flowers 24th Mar 17 at 11:55 AM
    Please do not use this on-line company Prestige Flowers. Really poor flowers - do not specify how many flowers in 'small, medium or large' bouqet and only lasted a few days. Really bad customer service. It's like they are waiting for you to complain as they have a standard patterns of replys to complains. If you need any more evidence of how bad this company is please see Facebook page "Prestige Flowers (UK) Sucks" Hope people see this before buying for mum on Mother's Day. If you have already purchased the first obsticle they put in your way is that you have 48hrs to lodge your complaint - don't waste a moment, get in there quick and don't give up. I got my money back after about 10 emails and as many hours and as many phone calls.
Page 1
    • RuthnJasper
    • By RuthnJasper 24th Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    • 3,589 Posts
    • 8,606 Thanks
    RuthnJasper
    • 24th Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    You need to be very careful about what you put on Facebook and other social media. The company involved may sue you for slander if you're saying all sorts of scurrilous things about them, however badly you feel you were treated.
    • ptapaula
    • By ptapaula 24th Mar 17, 12:33 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ptapaula
    • 24th Mar 17, 12:33 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 12:33 PM
    Thank you for the advice. How should I let other people know what experience I had to help them not get in to the situation I found myself in?
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 24th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    • 5,342 Posts
    • 4,832 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 24th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    You can guarantee that after every Christmas / Valentines Day / Mothers day there will be posts on this board complaining about flower delivery companies.

My advice (if you really can't think of a more original present than flowers) is to suss out a good independent local florist close to the recipient and order directly from them
    • RuthnJasper
    • By RuthnJasper 24th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 3,589 Posts
    • 8,606 Thanks
    RuthnJasper
    • 24th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 12:52 PM
    Thank you for the advice. How should I let other people know what experience I had to help them not get in to the situation I found myself in?
    Originally posted by ptapaula
    You're allowed to do that, but saying things like the company as a whole sucks or using/encouraging exaggeration about the company or its employees that strays into abuse or statements that are untrue is not allowed.
    • ptapaula
    • By ptapaula 24th Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ptapaula
    • 24th Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    Thank you for your smart !!!! comments, you can keep them - "if you really can't think of a more original present than flowers"
    • ptapaula
    • By ptapaula 24th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ptapaula
    • 24th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    ok, thank you. I did not open the facebook page - I found it & joined it. I don't feel I have exaggerated so I don't think I've opened myself up for a slander case or have been scurrilous with my experience.
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 24th Mar 17, 1:15 PM
    • 3,758 Posts
    • 4,772 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    • 24th Mar 17, 1:15 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 1:15 PM
    You can guarantee that after every Christmas / Valentines Day / Mothers day there will be posts on this board complaining about flower delivery companies.

My advice (if you really can't think of a more original present than flowers) is to suss out a good independent local florist close to the recipient and order directly from them
    Originally posted by p00hsticks
    How would someone suss out a good florist, independent or otherwise, other than through experience?
    • BJV
    • By BJV 24th Mar 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2,161 Posts
    • 3,262 Thanks
    BJV
    • 24th Mar 17, 1:31 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 1:31 PM
    Thank you for your smart !!!! comments, you can keep them - "if you really can't think of a more original present than flowers"
    Wow OP. Thanks for the heads up about the company but really.

I will avoid ! ( That said I have never used an online flower company and always go for local or inter-flora)

But !!!!!!!

"Smart !!!! comments. "The poster had in a nice way I think reminded you that you have to be careful. IMO it was a nice way of making sure you did not get into trouble. No need to the backlash.
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!
    • RuthnJasper
    • By RuthnJasper 24th Mar 17, 2:09 PM
    • 3,589 Posts
    • 8,606 Thanks
    RuthnJasper
    ok, thank you. I did not open the facebook page - I found it & joined it. I don't feel I have exaggerated so I don't think I've opened myself up for a slander case or have been scurrilous with my experience.
    OK, grand. Sorry you had an unfortunate experience. x
    • leslieknope
    • By leslieknope 27th Mar 17, 2:05 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    leslieknope
    i have never really been impressed with the quality and price of these online flower delivery companies.

now what i do is i buy 4-5 bunches of flowers at the supermarket (sainsburys and waitrose have good bunches and 4 different types usually costs me about 25) and then rearrange them all into my own bouquet. looks lovely, you have more choice, and works out cheaper! plus i can say it was homemade so i get brownie points for effort

of course this isn't ideal if your recipient is far away!
    CCCC #33: 42/240
    DFW: 4355/4405
    • KILL BILL
    • By KILL BILL 13th May 17, 7:12 PM
    • 2,061 Posts
    • 1,274 Thanks
    KILL BILL
    You need to be very careful about what you put on Facebook and other social media. The company involved may sue you for slander if you're saying all sorts of scurrilous things about them, however badly you feel you were treated.
    Originally posted by RuthnJasper

doubt very much that they will pursue a claim against the op as they would need to track them down and then prove beyond reasonable doubt to a judge that the comments that had been posted where completely untrue

people have been using social media like facebook and twitter to show their disgust at poor customer service and proper companies will address these quickly.
    • GreenAN
    • By GreenAN 18th May 17, 12:40 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GreenAN
    Prestige flowers
    Flowers not delivered on time despite the big advertisement saying next day delivery if ordered before 9pm the evening before. Text message sent to intended recipient stating that the delivery company couldn't fulfil the deliver that day and it would be 2-3 days! Yes really! Ruined a surprise that hasn't even been delivered. Contacted customer service. Appalling response. Refused refund and not even offered a compensatory token. Worst company I have ever dealt with. Will speak to consumer rights and ombudsman now. Very poor show indeed. Avoid at all costs.
    • redfox
    • By redfox 22nd May 17, 2:28 PM
    • 11,776 Posts
    • 34,053 Thanks
    redfox
    self promotion is not permitted on MSE and your post has been reported.

Could people please press the SPAM button on the above post by eaglelink. Thanks.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

83Posts Today

1,557Users online

Martin's Twitter