Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tod4444
    • By Tod4444 20th Mar 17, 11:57 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tod4444
    UK Parking Ltd. Windsor
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:57 PM
    UK Parking Ltd. Windsor 20th Mar 17 at 11:57 PM
    Today I visited Windsor and used the car park in River Street, this is called the castle car park but is nothing to do with the castle. I paid for a parking ticket for 3 hours which I still have. When I went back to my car 2 1/2 hours later I had a ticket on my windscreen from UK Parking Ltd. It states the reason is because I failed to clearly display my ticket. The ticket had blown onto my seat, I expect that happened after I put it on my dash then shut the door.
    On the ticket is says they belong to the international parking community.
    I looked up the pcn on their website and it shows pictures of my car but not the ticket.
    I spoke to a chap who was working in an adjoining car park and he said ignore the ticket as they are a cowboy company. I'm not keen on giving UK parking my details and certainly won't tell them I was driving but what should I do? I have physical proof I paid for the time I was parked.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Mar 17, 12:42 AM
    • 48,804 Posts
    • 62,305 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:42 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:42 AM
    he said ignore the ticket as they are a cowboy company.
    We would agree, but this sort of query is fully covered in 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' So, do that first. Back one click, where you hit 'new thread' you should instead have read the top threads of advice.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 21-03-2017 at 2:45 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Mar 17, 10:24 AM
    • 40,150 Posts
    • 80,236 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:24 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:24 AM
    Don't ignore it. Whoever told you to ignore this either works for the parking scammers, or is ignorant that the law changed in 2012.

Do as C-m says and read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES, then send the IPC template you will find there. You will have to give your name and address as well as the PCN number, but you send it As Keeper.

Do not edit it, just copy and paste and send. The NEWBIES thread tells you what to do after that.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Tod4444
    • By Tod4444 21st Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tod4444
    • 21st Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    • 21st Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    I read the sticky thread but there was no mention about what to do if you have the ticket you paid for.
    I'll go back and reread it.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    • 48,804 Posts
    • 62,305 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    • 21st Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    That's because THE CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT MATTER.

And because they have issued the PCN for the ticket not being visible. You saying 'here it is' seriously does NOT help. This is not a fair, normal firm, these are ex-clampers after fleecing you. This is a TINY firm:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking.html

Just send the usual IPC template challenge (NO ADDING STUFF SAYING WHO WAS DRIVING) and ignore them unless they try court.

Not a big player. Very defendable.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 21-03-2017 at 2:49 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• lacrima
    • By lacrima 22nd May 17, 11:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lacrima
    • 22nd May 17, 11:45 PM
    UK Parking Ltd. Windsor
    • 22nd May 17, 11:45 PM
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if you have managed to appeal with success as exactly the same story happened to me today. The worse side of it was that the Parking Warden was there and was shown the valid ticket however he lied about ticket being not issued by him and advised to appeal and disappear within a second.
    I would appreciate any help with trying to sort out this issue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

672Posts Today

6,290Users online

Martin's Twitter