Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • man_utd_99
    • By man_utd_99 20th Mar 17, 10:28 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 13Thanks
    man_utd_99
    ZZPS NtK after hospital parking
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:28 PM
    ZZPS NtK after hospital parking 20th Mar 17 at 10:28 PM
    Good evening all

Today in the post I received three letters regarding various parking Errors and subsequently NtK which were alleged at the Hospital Car Park in Leeds.

In this instance the "charges" date back the following dates for ignored/unpaid windscreen notices some 4/5/6 months ago

21/10/2016
    06/10/2016
    07/11/2016

Previously parking has been done and tickets ignored with no problems and issues (past 5 years)

I presume the "notices" or "tickets" are now being chased because so many people refused/didn't to pay

Okay so each letter asks for £70 as a "balance" and the letter at the top is headed "PCN Admin Centre" with the footer stating "ZZPS"

I understand that after reading both the sticky and searching threads that ZZPS hold no weight and quite possibly I will receive a letter from an alleged Solicitors firm.

Now the question is each Letter states £70 x3 letters= £210 which is substantial. Signage is limited and it is a permit area where "no permits were displayed". And one sign states it is "badge area" and not a "permit area"

Do I or can I speak to the hospital parking department regarding this?
    If so how do I address whoever I'm speaking to at the isoital. As keeper or driver?
    Do I stay quiet and see what happens?
    Do I do none of the above and do something else you guys suggest?

Thank you guys
    Ray
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 10:31 PM
    • 14,817 Posts
    • 18,628 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:31 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:31 PM
    you will have received the letters in the post as KEEPER, so you complain to PALS and/or the trust as KEEPER

ITS IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHICH PPC PATROLS THEIR CAR PARKS, SO FIND OUT, then you know who you are actually dealing with

ideally you require the pcn numbers so that the trust can get them cancelled, hopefully those references are in the DCA letters

IGNORE zzps
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    • 48,414 Posts
    • 61,865 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    Gemini? Civil Enforcement?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• man_utd_99
    • By man_utd_99 21st Mar 17, 12:29 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    man_utd_99
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:29 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:29 AM
    I'll have a look again and let you know

From what I can see it is their own office with their own patrols and on the reverse of the notice it asks to contact St James hospital

There is nothing on the letter either to state where or who the patrols were or who I was to be dealing with. It was an NHS fine with no further detail apart from contacting a department at the hospital
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Mar 17, 12:47 AM
    • 48,414 Posts
    • 61,865 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:47 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:47 AM
    The letters should state who the client is. In the small print.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• man_utd_99
    • By man_utd_99 21st Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    man_utd_99
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    All I can see is where it says

"Our Client (the creditor) - Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust

There is no further information of any client or parking service aside from this
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Mar 17, 8:31 AM
    • 13,642 Posts
    • 21,401 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:31 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:31 AM
    Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust is a BPA AOS operator in its own right. It doesn't appear on the BMPA Zendesk list, so presumably they don't (currently) do court.

I'd just ignore the ZZPS debt letter, but be alert to any (unlikely) court papers that emanate from the hospital or from a solicitor acting on their behalf.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • man_utd_99
    • By man_utd_99 21st Mar 17, 10:29 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    man_utd_99
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:29 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:29 AM
    Should I speak to them or call them and see what they can do/cancel or should I leave and ignore for now
    • man_utd_99
    • By man_utd_99 21st Mar 17, 10:35 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    man_utd_99
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:35 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:35 AM
    Them being

Leeds teaching hospital
    Parking services
    St James hospital
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Mar 17, 10:37 AM
    • 39,773 Posts
    • 79,622 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Should I speak to them or call them and see what they can do/cancel or should I leave and ignore for now
    Originally posted by man_utd_99

You should contact them in writing by post or email. You could 'phone to find the contact address but you need a paper trail in case this ever got to court.

You should also take pics of signs and also around the car park including the entrance in case you need them at a later date.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 21-03-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Mar 17, 2:07 PM
    • 48,414 Posts
    • 61,865 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Originally posted by man_utd_99
    Contact them in writing.

• man_utd_99
    • By man_utd_99 22nd Mar 17, 5:09 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    man_utd_99
    Spoke to them on the phone and explained the mistake and lack of signage

All have been settled

Mods please close the thread
    • Redx
    • By Redx 22nd Mar 17, 5:22 PM
    • 14,817 Posts
    • 18,628 Thanks
    Redx
    well done

MSE does not have mods or anyone who monitors the forums
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Qasim99
    • By Qasim99 26th Mar 17, 3:50 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Qasim99
    Whereabouts were you parked because I`ve received a couple from them aswell
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Mar 17, 7:15 PM
    • 13,642 Posts
    • 21,401 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Whereabouts were you parked because I`ve received a couple from them aswell
    Originally posted by Qasim99
    In the absence of a response from the OP, try the same tactic. Nothing to lose.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,027Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin