Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Softangel2012
    • By Softangel2012 20th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Softangel2012
    Blue Badge fell down - got UKPC charge
    • 20th Mar 17, 9:37 PM
    Blue Badge fell down - got UKPC charge 20th Mar 17 at 9:37 PM
    I was at Milton Keynes Hospital while someone was in intensive care - very stressful as their life was on the line. I have a blue badge as registered disabled and parked in a disabled bay. I came back to find a ticket on the window. The blue badge was on the floor, it must have fell down when I shut the door. I have copied my blue badge to them but they have refused it and offered me to pay a lower charge of £15. They have not given me a POPLA code in their refusal letter.

Is it worth to fight it or should I just pay up and take less stress? Obviously I had the right to park there but somethings things do happen which we dont realise till later. I took the blue badge to the parking office straight away but the were not interested.

I had this issue before with a council car park and when I showed proof of the blue badge they cancelled the ticket as a goodwill gesture.

I cant find a similar story after reading several topics, what should I do please?

Thank You
Page 1
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 20th Mar 17, 9:46 PM
    • 10,200 Posts
    • 9,342 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 20th Mar 17, 9:46 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 9:46 PM
    On balance and being pragmatic, I would pay the £15. If it was £30, I wouldn't.
    • Softangel2012
    • By Softangel2012 20th Mar 17, 10:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Softangel2012
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:32 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:32 PM
    My mistake the POPLA code is at the top of the letter.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 10:34 PM
    • 16,487 Posts
    • 20,647 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:34 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:34 PM
    try complaining to PALS asap, indicate the NHS guidelines at them and ask them to cancel it under the EA2010

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Softangel2012
    • By Softangel2012 20th Mar 17, 10:41 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Softangel2012
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:41 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:41 PM
    Thank you thats very interesting. Who has the main authority over when a ticket is cancelled or not - the hospital or the parking company?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Mar 17, 10:45 PM
    • 16,487 Posts
    • 20,647 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:45 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:45 PM
    Thank you thats very interesting. Who has the main authority over when a ticket is cancelled or not - the hospital or the parking company?
    Originally posted by Softangel2012
    that is a good question that only a judge can answer

why do I say this ?

because in the past parking companies have proceeded to issue court claims against motorists despite landowners not wanting it or despite landholder insisting that invoices are cancelled

but in theory , the landowner should have a contract in place that allows them this power of veto , in practice, depends who drafted it and how competent they are

in theory , the landholder has locus standii , the PPC do not
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Softangel2012
    • By Softangel2012 20th Mar 17, 10:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Softangel2012
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:53 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:53 PM
    I will rings PALS tomorrow and see what the options are - if any. Thanks a lot
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Mar 17, 12:33 AM
    • 51,473 Posts
    • 65,063 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:33 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:33 AM
    I will rings PALS tomorrow and see what the options are - if any. Thanks a lot
    Originally posted by Softangel2012
    Almost always works. Be assertive and explain the emergency. HOW DARE THEY!

Why should you pay £15?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

886Posts Today

6,835Users online

Martin's Twitter