Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 20th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    • 7,308Posts
    • 64,936Thanks
    mimi1234
    Item Posted, Buyer Wants To Cancel Order
    • 20th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    Item Posted, Buyer Wants To Cancel Order 20th Mar 17 at 7:44 PM
    Hi all,

A wee bit of a dilemma.

Item sold via BIN for £10 at about 3pm to a buyer in Spain. Finished work at 4pm, rushed home, packed item and posted at 5pm as I won't be able to post until Friday now. Postmaster says "last post has been, it will be collected tomorrow" which was fine by me.

Message received at about 5.15pm from buyer saying I want to cancel the order.

Do I go back to the PO hoping it's not been picked up and not send it? I've already paid for the postage so won't be able to get a refund on that will I? If I don't cancel the order, won't the buyer be able to open up some sort of claim via eBay / PayPal and say there was something wrong with the item and they want a refund?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 20th Mar 17, 8:50 PM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    TKPeters
    • 20th Mar 17, 8:50 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 8:50 PM
    They can open a Returns Case upon receipt & as you have the original message for the cancellation, its a change of mind return & the buyer pays.

I doubt the Post Office will let you have it back
    Explain to the buyer its already been posted, although if its untracked they could claim Item Not Received
    Last edited by TKPeters; 20-03-2017 at 8:52 PM.

• mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 20th Mar 17, 9:06 PM
    • 7,308 Posts
    • 64,936 Thanks
    mimi1234
    • 20th Mar 17, 9:06 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 9:06 PM
    They can open a Returns Case upon receipt & as you have the original message for the cancellation, its a change of mind return & the buyer pays.

I doubt the Post Office will let you have it back
    Explain to the buyer its already been posted, although if its untracked they could claim Item Not Received
    Originally posted by TKPeters
    Thanks so much. It makes perfect sense. They can claim item not received, although it was not sent tracked, I do have proof of postage.

Thanks again.
    • john2054
    • By john2054 2nd Apr 17, 9:14 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    john2054
    • 2nd Apr 17, 9:14 PM
    • 2nd Apr 17, 9:14 PM
    you've been scammed
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 2nd Apr 17, 10:11 PM
    • 10,132 Posts
    • 6,814 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 2nd Apr 17, 10:11 PM
    • 2nd Apr 17, 10:11 PM
    you've been scammed
    Originally posted by john2054
    Are you spamming for a particular reason or just because the school holidays are here?
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

603Posts Today

5,830Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Off to Torremolinos? I'm filming my roadshow there next Fri 28th during the day then in Branigans at 5pm. Want to come? Let @itvmlshow know

• Follow Martin