Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 20th Mar 17, 7:02 PM
    • 158Posts
    • 692Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    'Replies' in my profile
    • 20th Mar 17, 7:02 PM
    'Replies' in my profile 20th Mar 17 at 7:02 PM
    When I look on my profile there is a '1' against 'Replies'. Does this mean that someone has replied to a post I made? If so how do I see it? If I click on the '1' it just takes me back to my profile page.

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask or if I missed it in the introduction material.
Page 1
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 21st Mar 17, 6:34 PM
    • 7,941 Posts
    • 9,869 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 21st Mar 17, 6:34 PM
    • 21st Mar 17, 6:34 PM
    When I look on my profile there is a '1' against 'Replies'. Does this mean that someone has replied to a post I made? If so how do I see it? If I click on the '1' it just takes me back to my profile page.

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask or if I missed it in the introduction material.
    Originally posted by Cloth of Gold
    It is most likely a PM, that is all I can think of.
    Go to your messages and have look.
    If it is not come back, and I will rack my brain.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 23rd Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    • 23rd Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    • 23rd Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    It is most likely a PM, that is all I can think of.
    Go to your messages and have look.
    If it is not come back, and I will rack my brain.
    Tips x
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Thanks for the reply. It's not a PM though, they are shown immediately above on my profile. I wonder if they are unread replies in threads that I've subscribed to.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 23rd Mar 17, 12:18 PM
    • 29,557 Posts
    • 18,681 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 23rd Mar 17, 12:18 PM
    • 23rd Mar 17, 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the reply. It's not a PM though, they are shown immediately above on my profile. I wonder if they are unread replies in threads that I've subscribed to.
    You can check if it is that by click on Quick links that's on the green bar then subscribed threads.

Cant really picture what your describing, could you take a screenshot of what your describing.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 23rd Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    • 23rd Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 23rd Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    You can check if it is that by click on Quick links that's on the green bar then subscribed threads.

Cant really picture what your describing, could you take a screenshot of what your describing.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    I've worked it out now thanks. It takes you to a different part of your profile and then you click on 'Unread Posts' and it lists the threads you've subscribed to or started where there are replies you haven't read.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 24th Mar 17, 6:38 PM
    • 7,941 Posts
    • 9,869 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 24th Mar 17, 6:38 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 6:38 PM
    I've worked it out now thanks. It takes you to a different part of your profile and then you click on 'Unread Posts' and it lists the threads you've subscribed to or started where there are replies you haven't read.
    Glad you explained, it was baffling me.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 24th Mar 17, 8:46 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    • 24th Mar 17, 8:46 PM
    • 24th Mar 17, 8:46 PM

Originally posted by DCFC79
    I love your avatar by the way.
    • Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 27th Apr 17, 10:22 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:22 AM
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:22 AM
    By the way, is there any way of knowing if someone has replied to a post you have made without just looking through all the posts in threads where you have posted? I am a member of another forum that uses the same software as this but on that one you get a notification if someone has like your post or replied to it.
    • derrick
    • By derrick 27th Apr 17, 10:43 AM
    • 6,888 Posts
    • 2,247 Thanks
    derrick
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:43 AM
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:43 AM
    By the way, is there any way of knowing if someone has replied to a post you have made without just looking through all the posts in threads where you have posted? I am a member of another forum that uses the same software as this but on that one you get a notification if someone has like your post or replied to it.

User CP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification >Default Thread Subscription Mode, choose "instant email notification".

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 27th Apr 17, 11:00 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    User CP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification >Default Thread Subscription Mode, choose "instant email notification".

Originally posted by derrick
    Thanks. I don't want to receive an e-mail (especially not every time someone posts in a thread I've subscribed to ) I just want (if it's available as it is on the other site) a notification that I've had a reply. On that site, which as I said uses the same software as this site, there is a bar near the top of the page and if someone likes any of my posts or replies I get a message that says 'notifications 2' or whatever. I then click on that and it lists all the 'likes' PMs or quotes of my posts that I've had.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 2nd May 17, 10:20 AM
    • 8,327 Posts
    • 20,424 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi Cloth of Gold

If you click on your avatar > "Your Profile" > "unread posts" you can view the threads you've posted on that have been replied to since you last looked.

Andrea

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 2nd May 17, 11:37 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    Hi Cloth of Gold

If you click on your avatar > "Your Profile" > "unread posts" you can view the threads you've posted on that have been replied to since you last looked.

Andrea
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea
    Thanks Andrea, I realised that after posting. Is there a way though of receiving a notification is someone quotes you? I'm a member of another board that uses the same software as this site and on there you get a notification at the top of the page if someone has quoted you or 'liked' one of your posts.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 4th May 17, 11:12 AM
    • 8,327 Posts
    • 20,424 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi, which forum is it? Could you give me the link?

The problem we have is that we still run on a very old version of Vbulletin so it's possible that's a functionality built into a newer version than we have.

We're hoping to upgrade forum software next year so it's definitely something we'll look into

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Cloth of Gold
    • By Cloth of Gold 4th May 17, 12:05 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Cloth of Gold
    Thanks Andrea. If you could add it to the forum when you upgrade it would be great because as things stand you don't know if someone has quoted you or who has thanked you without trawling through lots of posts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

192Posts Today

1,263Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin