Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DarrenW80
    • By DarrenW80 20th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 2Thanks
    DarrenW80
    Loan paid then not paid
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    Loan paid then not paid 20th Mar 17 at 4:44 PM
    Hi I had a loan with Likely Loans last year and on the 9th March I decided to pay the whole lot off using a master card. I checked with both the credit card company and Likely Loans that it would go through as a bill and not a cash advance which they both agreed it would go through as just like a debit cafd payment. They took my card details and the money from my card and sent me documents via email to say there are no further payments and account is cleared. A week passes and I check my credit card to find the payment is no longer pending and the money I paid Likely Loans has gone back on my credit card. So I contact Likely Loans to find why they never took my money and they told me they are having problems with their IT Department and master card payments and that its ttheir fault and once its fixed and sorted out they will call me to take the payment again. How do I stand with this now?
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Mar 17, 4:53 PM
    • 29,222 Posts
    • 18,446 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:53 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:53 PM
    Hi I had a loan with Likely Loans last year and on the 9th March I decided to pay the whole lot off using a master card. I checked with both the credit card company and Likely Loans that it would go through as a bill and not a cash advance which they both agreed it would go through as just like a debit cafd payment. They took my card details and the money from my card and sent me documents via email to say there are no further payments and account is cleared. A week passes and I check my credit card to find the payment is no longer pending and the money I paid Likely Loans has gone back on my credit card. So I contact Likely Loans to find why they never took my money and they told me they are having problems with their IT Department and master card payments and that its ttheir fault and once its fixed and sorted out they will call me to take the payment again. How do I stand with this now?
    Originally posted by DarrenW80
    Well you still owe the money if that's what your asking.

Why you using a credit card, why not a debit card ?
    Je Suis Charlie
    • DarrenW80
    • By DarrenW80 20th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DarrenW80
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    I am aware that I still owe it but I need to pay it ASAP because of a disability I have. I could use a debit card but thought I would use my master card and pay it when I get the statement, its only 1,000
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    • 29,222 Posts
    • 18,446 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:16 PM
    I am aware that I still owe it but I need to pay it ASAP because of a disability I have. I could use a debit card but thought I would use my master card and pay it when I get the statement, its only 1,000
    Originally posted by DarrenW80
    Then why ask where do you stand with it ?

Ring them tomorrow offering to make the payment.
    Je Suis Charlie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,140Posts Today

6,318Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin