Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • minigirl12
    • By minigirl12 20th Mar 17, 4:01 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    minigirl12
    Liverpool Victoria query
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:01 PM
    Liverpool Victoria query 20th Mar 17 at 4:01 PM
    We are returning from overseas to a different area to where we left and cost of living is significantly higher. As part of our relocation package with husbands company we will be some compensation for differences in council tax, home insurance and water. We need to show proof of cost and have managed this with council and water company.

With Liverpool Victoria I seem to have hit a brick wall. The account was not online and I have <weeps> got rid of paperwork, we sold the house in 2012. I have the evidence of the dd on my bank statements but this is not good enough for husbands company. I have emailed the company through their webpage but can find no number for general enquiries.

Do I have any other options to contact them? Without getting some evidence we won't be able to claim for any assistance for water or council tax either.

Is there a Liverpool Victoria representative on MSE, I would be very grateful for any advice.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Mar 17, 4:13 PM
    • 29,332 Posts
    • 18,543 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:13 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:13 PM
    Theres a number

Click insurance then home insurance.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • minigirl12
    • By minigirl12 20th Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    minigirl12
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    Tried the number but only takes you through an automated message...1 for an existing customer and 2 for a new customer. The individuals there were not helpful when I made it through. Guess maybe I should try again and be more persistent.
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 20th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    Yes be more persistent, speak to existing business team, ask for copy of the last schedule from 2012.
    • minigirl12
    • By minigirl12 20th Mar 17, 5:11 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    minigirl12
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:11 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:11 PM
    Thank you P&S I think I just need to try harder! Generally thought I had photographed a copy when I was sorting through this stuff (ironically to de clutter before the move back )
    • rudekid48
    • By rudekid48 20th Mar 17, 5:19 PM
    • 1,962 Posts
    • 3,428 Thanks
    rudekid48
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:19 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:19 PM
    Not sure that getting a schedule from 2012 will give you what you need anyway. Prices are likely to have increased regardless in the last 5 years.

If you need to demonstrate an increase in cost due to relocation then why not just get quotes for old and new address and then provide those as evidence if the new address is dearer?
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
    • minigirl12
    • By minigirl12 20th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    minigirl12
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    Bizarrely they really do want copies of the old bills, I did question what the accuracy in price differences could be but it does seem to work. A colleague is getting an additional £180 a month so I am hopeful. I think because we are moving from one extreme to the other helps Rudekid.

Well I gave my head a wobble and thought a bit harder and phoned the complaints number!

Worked! Was on the phone for 6 minutes and now have the schedules for the last two years before I cancelled the policy. Sheila was so helpful and I am so glad that one more job is crossed off my todo list
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,266Posts Today

8,468Users online

Martin's Twitter