Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Susiem1
    • By Susiem1 20th Mar 17, 3:07 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    • #1
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:07 PM
    Help 20th Mar 17 at 3:07 PM
    I know this is the wrong thread, but I need some advice, firstly I have received a CCJ today. This is going to make me sound like a really irresponsible person, but during the time of this debt I was declared bankrupt, and the debt is a utility company and they didn't claim, so could I raise this in defence. Also all correspondence and now the court documents are with 'miss' instead of 'mrs' miss..... doesn't exist, is this legal?
Page 1
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 20th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1,561 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    • #2
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • #2
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    What was the date of the CCJ, and when were you discharged bankrupt?

    I do not think its illegal that they use Miss instead of Mrs.....did you owe them the money or not and where they listed as a creditor when you went Bankrupt?
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 21st Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    • 11,508 Posts
    • 8,645 Thanks
    • #3
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    • #3
    • 21st Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    If the liability (debt) pre-dates the date of the bankruptcy it is covered.. Send them a copy of your bankruptcy certificate and see what they come back with.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,455Posts Today

6,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before

  • OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

  • I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you?

  • Follow Martin