Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DollyDay
    • By DollyDay 20th Mar 17, 1:39 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    DollyDay
    Jam Jar App
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:39 PM
    Jam Jar App 20th Mar 17 at 1:39 PM
    Hello all,

Does anyone one know of an app (and its for a Windows phone) that lets you manage money using the jam jar effect.
    I want to have say 6 "pots" of money each month, then enter everything i spend, assigning it to a "pot" and then be able to see how much is left in each "pot" at any one time.
    I currently do this on a spreadsheet, but it would be much easier if I could do this on my phone.
    I can't seem to find find one that does what I need.

Many thanks!
Page 1
    • nzxt
    • By nzxt 20th Mar 17, 11:20 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    nzxt
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:20 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:20 PM
    YNAB offers an unofficial app called Divvy. This can allow you to set up pots and post transactions to those pots.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 20th Mar 17, 11:46 PM
    • 2,973 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:46 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:46 PM
    Hello all,

Does anyone one know of an app (and its for a Windows phone) that lets you manage money using the jam jar effect.
    I want to have say 6 "pots" of money each month, then enter everything i spend, assigning it to a "pot" and then be able to see how much is left in each "pot" at any one time.
    I currently do this on a spreadsheet, but it would be much easier if I could do this on my phone.
    I can't seem to find find one that does what I need.

Many thanks!
    Originally posted by DollyDay
    As I posted in a different thread, The Change Account. Has a mobile app but only for Android and iOS. It's not unusual for banking apps to be not available for Windows phone. When I was on Windows phone I accessed online banking with the browser. The Change Account does provide online banking too.

With the change account you start off with a Debit Mastercard and two wallets and you have to apply for more wallets. The wallets have a time lock which is highly secure but might be inconvenient because you cannot pay someone out of a wallet immediately. Not a free account.
    https://www.thechangeaccount.com/
    Last edited by Anthorn; 20-03-2017 at 11:52 PM.
    I don't think and I know I don't think so therefore I am. At least I think so. But hold on I don't think ... er ...
    • sfm82
    • By sfm82 21st Mar 17, 7:02 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    sfm82
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:02 PM
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:02 PM
    I use an app called money log. You enter as many pots as you like and then can add income and expenses against each. You can assign each spend to categories so you know how much you're spending on certain things every month.

It also lets you set budgets for certain thing like groceries or going out so is good for budgeting.

I've used it for a year or so now I love it.
    • DollyDay
    • By DollyDay 22nd Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DollyDay
    • 22nd Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    • 22nd Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    Many thanks for all the replies.

I have just realised that because I have a Window phone, it has Office on it so I can still use my Excel spreadsheet on my phone. Duh!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,138Posts Today

7,507Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Young journalist/broadcaster looking for a mentor? Great opportunity here... https://t.co/aojKD6t5Ti (pls share with anyone suitable)

• Today's twitter poll: For those who are working, if you lost your job today, how long would you be able to still pay all the bills for?

• RT @itvMLshow: Want to be a part of our audience and get the chance to ask Martin a question, LIVE? Here's where you can apply: https://t.c?

• Follow Martin