Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Erdem313
    • By Erdem313 20th Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Erdem313
    Vein like marks on wall
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    Vein like marks on wall 20th Mar 17 at 12:20 PM
    Hi, guys, I have just moved to a new flat ( built in 70's) and when I painted the walls in one of the bedrooms which is always very cold ( new gas central heating 2015, previously storage heaters) I sanded down the previous shiny paint and applied Dulux Matt emulsion, next day when it had dried I was surprised to see these veins all over it ( it is an outside wall) called the property management in, they said it's not damp but agree it's very cold and may have had cavity wall insulation removed (as very close to sea) they said just treat it with 'stain blocker' I've looked into this and Ronseal seems to be the best ( and most expensive ) but do I try the stain block or the damp block, I've never seen anything like this before?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Grenage
    • By Grenage 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    Grenage
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    Is it possible the wall wasn't sufficiently prepared, the paint was too thick, or you applied one coat before the previous was dry?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,479Posts Today

7,776Users online

Martin's Twitter