Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SG5989
    • By SG5989 20th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    SG5989
    Help to buy Scotland adverse credit
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    Help to buy Scotland adverse credit 20th Mar 17 at 12:45 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice. I am looking to get a mortgage but unfortunately I have some adverse credit, my most recent default was 2years ago. It seems like the only option to me is to save a 15% deposit and opt for a cheaper house. If I'm honest I'd rather opt for a new home and put only 5% down but this might just be a pipe dream until the defaults fall off my credit report. I earn about 45k a year basic.

My question is, are there any lenders that would provide mortgages for Help to Buy in Scotland for people with adverse credit?

Thanks
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 20th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    • 31,113 Posts
    • 16,594 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    I can think of at least one lender which lends on HTB Scotland which accepts cases like yours.

Speak to an independent broker to ensure the postcode of the property is on the list the lender will accept.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • SG5989
    • By SG5989 20th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    SG5989
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:29 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I am going to contact an independent adviser. I am a first time poster so I am not sure I can ask this but Do you have any recommendations of an adviser in my area? My postcode is PA8 and the property would be in PA7. Also are you able to give the name of the mortgage company for me to check their lending criteria?

Cheers
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 20th Mar 17, 2:31 PM
    • 31,113 Posts
    • 16,594 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:31 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:31 PM
    No to either, I'm afraid.

Ask friends/relatives for a broker recommendation.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,242Posts Today

8,621Users online

Martin's Twitter