Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frank28
    • By Frank28 20th Mar 17, 12:34 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Frank28
    so upset and angry
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:34 PM
    so upset and angry 20th Mar 17 at 12:34 PM
    so we moved into the place we got left by a parent we needed to take a remortgage out to buy someone out off there share all good to go to aply for the remortgage and noticed this morning that virgin media have place a late payment mark on the crefit file we paid they even said on the phone it shouldnt be there has this completly mucked up our remortgage am so upset about it
    not even sure if this is a question or just me needing to rant but i could actally cry that we could lose the house because of this company not adding the payment on to the newly opened account at the new address
    thanks in advance
Page 1
    • ashp
    • By ashp 20th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    ashp
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:54 PM
    Hi,

Your post doesn't entirety make sense. Did you make a late payment? When was this?

If virgin media have made a mistake they should correct this without delay. If you did make a late payment they are unfortunately not obliged to remove it but may do so in some cases as a gesture of good will.
    • Frank28
    • By Frank28 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Frank28
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    there now saying it was a late payment in january but have mark it on the new account which wasnt opened up to mid feb i think its because they didnt swap the payment i made to the new account at the new address we was going with nationwide will a late payment mark this recent affect the remortgage we stack up everywhere else with only a 24%ltv
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 20th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 1,659 Posts
    • 3,436 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    Your post would make far more sense with some punctuation.

What were you paying for in January if the account was opened in February? If you transferred your service to a new address that would still be on the same account, so the late payment has been reported correctly.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 20th Mar 17, 1:10 PM
    • 15,779 Posts
    • 8,072 Thanks
    ACG
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:10 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:10 PM
    Has your application been submitted in full?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • ashp
    • By ashp 20th Mar 17, 1:11 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    ashp
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:11 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:11 PM
    From what you have said it seems virgin are satisfied the late payment markers is justified.

I couldn't say if this will have an effect on your application to nationwide. If it does you will still have other options.
    • Frank28
    • By Frank28 20th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Frank28
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 1:24 PM
    nevermind looks like that remortgage will go tits up . we had a dip with nationwide only because off some delays that runs out in april so would have to be redone which am guessing will be harder to get another dip with this late payment marker had a really good rate and everything on last dip
    • ACG
    • By ACG 20th Mar 17, 2:04 PM
    • 15,779 Posts
    • 8,072 Thanks
    ACG
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:04 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:04 PM
    Mr Negative!
    I hate it when people automatically assume the worst. Become a hippy! Think positive and positive things will happen.

As your application has not yet gone in, it is hit and miss to determine whether or not you will pass another credit check. If you can hold off until it shows as the arrears have been cleared I would be relatively confident of getting it through at normal rates. If you cant wait for that, then it is a tricky one to call.

Either way, getting a Mortgage should be fine and at normal rates, it may just not be quite as good as Ntionwide but there are too many ifs and buts to say for sure whether or not Nationwide will accept you.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Frank28
    • By Frank28 20th Mar 17, 3:42 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Frank28
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:42 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:42 PM
    sorry was a bit upset and angry before would i just have to wait the one month till its updated so the yellow one is a month old turns to a green tick as that might be ok emailed my broker this morning just waiting to hear back god i good kick myself i really could first yellow mark in ages too ��but thanks for your help
    • Frank28
    • By Frank28 20th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Frank28
    quick update after a long phone call to virgin the man on the phone stated no this is mistake so i have had to email there credit file amendments team for them to correct it what a stressfull afternoon i knew i didnt miss a payment
    thank for your help
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,811Posts Today

8,821Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sadly for those buying jointly "Where there are joint purchasers, all purchasers would need to be first-time buyers. "

• First time buyers usually defined as someone who has never owned or part owned a property https://t.co/yM3urZNs8z

• You will not pay stamp duty https://t.co/vHoCWiUXfo

• Follow Martin