Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChrisSargent
    • By ChrisSargent 20th Mar 17, 12:05 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ChrisSargent
    Tracing old pensions
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:05 PM
    Tracing old pensions 20th Mar 17 at 12:05 PM
    Hi all,

I am going through the process of trying to track down various old workplace (DC) pensions.

I have used the Government Pension finding service online and had managed to get addresses to write to. One has come back with old benefits details which was great, but of the other 3, 2 have not responded (wrote to them over a month ago and have now written a further chase letter) and 1 says they cannot find me on their systems although I know the dates etc. I worked for the company.

I have looked at other pension tracing services but they want me to do all the work ! (e.g contact previous providers etc. ) which is of no use to me at all.

Does anyone know of a service whereby they will do all the leg work of actually tracing the old pensions using what info I can give them? Also would be grateful for any other tips etc. from people who have also been down this route.

I have an appointment with an IFA on Wednesday and was hoping to be able to discuss transferring more than the one pension into my existing but looks like I wont have any other details in time.

Thanks
Page 1
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 20th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    • 5,172 Posts
    • 4,343 Thanks
    mgdavid
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    Have you thought of phoning them? Usually a lot easier and quicker than waiting for letters to be replied to.
    A salary slave no more.....
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 20th Mar 17, 4:23 PM
    • 22,001 Posts
    • 12,692 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:23 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:23 PM
    2 have not responded (wrote to them over a month ago and have now written a further chase letter) and 1 says they cannot find me on their systems although I know the dates etc. I worked for the company.
    Are all the companies still extant? If so, you might try ringing to establish name and contact details for the current Pension Administrator.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,420Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin