Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • David.Beck
    • By David.Beck 20th Mar 17, 10:41 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    David.Beck
    Life time ISA
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:41 AM
    Life time ISA 20th Mar 17 at 10:41 AM
    Just saw Martin on This Morning talking about these.

I already own a property but i was wondering if i can take one of these out and transfer it later to my children for their first home?

Or better still take them out in their names although they are only 5 and 7.

Can't see anything online although i'm probably searching in the wrong place

Appreciate your help
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 20th Mar 17, 12:22 PM
    • 3,989 Posts
    • 3,703 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:22 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:22 PM
    Although the rules are still being finalised, it's pretty much a stick-on certainty that you can't transfer LISAs between individuals (which would be a huge departure from the rest of the ISA schemes) and that children can't open them.

Start with junior ISAs for the kids for now and look again at what the options are when they reach adulthood....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,062Posts Today

8,016Users online

Martin's Twitter