Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toffeehound
    • By toffeehound 20th Mar 17, 9:41 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    toffeehound
    PCN Appeal re: Britannia Parking (Yes, I have read Newbie advice)
    • 20th Mar 17, 9:41 AM
    PCN Appeal re: Britannia Parking (Yes, I have read Newbie advice) 20th Mar 17 at 9:41 AM
    This is my first post on the MSE Forums. First of all, I'd like to say thanks to whoever has put together the newbie advice on parking fines. This is very useful.
    I'm about to make a PCN appeal to Britannia Parking via their website using the template which has been kindly provided for BPA members. My PCN relates to overstaying the maximum 2hrs at the Portswood Centre in Southampton. I'd like to ask if anyone has any advice specific to Britannia Parking or to this particular car park. Thanks.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 17, 4:37 PM
    • 44,143 Posts
    • 56,875 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:37 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:37 PM
    Specific info re Britannia - VERY TAME, you will win! No-one needs to worry about them.

They don't issue POFA compliant Notice to Keepers, so a keeper appellant wins at POPLA, as long as the driver is not identified. Nice and easy one for you as your first one. Count yourself lucky!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• toffeehound
    • By toffeehound 21st Mar 17, 1:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    toffeehound
    • 21st Mar 17, 1:03 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I'm new to this, so I'm not fully conversant with the jargon yet. I assume that you mean Britannia will reject an appeal based on the standard template for BPA, and that I must then appeal to POPLA. It sounds like good news anyway.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Mar 17, 1:03 PM
    • 44,143 Posts
    • 56,875 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes that's likely to be what happens, a nice easy one at POPLA though and they will give up!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

258Posts Today

3,383Users online

Martin's Twitter