Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fraserkerr
    • By fraserkerr 20th Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 2Thanks
    fraserkerr
    Scottish Widows Pension Options
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    Scottish Widows Pension Options 20th Mar 17 at 10:19 AM
    I have a closed DC pension fund with a value of £80k. Our employer has selected Scottish Widows as the new provider and chosen SW Pens Portfolio 2 as the default fund for employers. I am contributing 5% which my employer matched and contributing a further 10% through AVCs. I am able to switch funds and would like to select a few different SW pension funds with a stronger performance than SW Pens Portfolio 2. Does anyone have recommendations on which funds to select and the split between each funds. I am 33 years old so willing to invest 100% in equities.

Thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 20th Mar 17, 11:10 AM
    • 88,794 Posts
    • 54,144 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:10 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:10 AM
    Does anyone have recommendations on which funds to select and the split between each funds.
    We dont know:
    your risk profile
    knowledge and understanding
    investment behaviour
    what investment model you intend to use in building your portfolio
    what version of the product you have and what funds are a available.

Most likely that one of the Pension Portfolio funds is most suitable for you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • RickyB2000
    • By RickyB2000 20th Mar 17, 10:25 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    RickyB2000
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:25 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:25 PM
    One thing to note is do they lifestyle in the 'standard approach' and does this fit with your retirement plan. I have SW plan and it lifestyles which means 20 years or so out it starts to shift you out of equities and into 'safe' investments. Buying an annuity, makes sense. Going for 40 years of drawdown - it may not.
    Not sure if this should warrant a move out of the standard investment plan? Note you may be able to move to a different approach/risk profile but still let SW pick the appropriate mix of pens funds, I would need to check.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,472Users online

Martin's Twitter