Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barclaysbabe
    • By barclaysbabe 20th Mar 17, 10:18 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    barclaysbabe
    Reclaiming PPI twice!
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:18 AM
    Reclaiming PPI twice! 20th Mar 17 at 10:18 AM
    Hi, I would like some advice.
    In 2015 I reclaimed over £10k in mis sold PPI from various banks and credit cards, which I handled myself. It was months of hard work, but worth it. I have had many PPI companies call and I have turned them all down except one.
    He was confident he could get more money back. I was confident that I had received everything in 2015. As it was no win no fee I had nothing to lose. That was in February.
    This weekend I received a letter and Cheque from Barclays. They mis calculated my PPI and gave me a check for £990. First I was happy, then I was annoyed. In 2015 they gave me the best part of £4.5k back (across a few accounts). My question is can I write to Barclays and ask them to pay the claims companies commission as it was there mistake that they mis calculated as the initial query was sent in by me without the use of a claims company? This is the first of what could be many.

Thanks in advance for your help
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 20th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    • 11,205 Posts
    • 11,165 Thanks
    zx81
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:22 AM
    My question is can I write to Barclays and ask them to pay the claims companies commission
    Originally posted by barclaysbabe
    No. .
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 20th Mar 17, 10:38 AM
    • 4,165 Posts
    • 2,300 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:38 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:38 AM
    No, the banks do check over old PPI decisions if the work of an individual is identified as wrong for example. You would have got the extra money regardless. You cannot just ask for more money
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 20th Mar 17, 10:39 AM
    • 87,285 Posts
    • 52,435 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:39 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:39 AM
    They mis calculated my PPI and gave me a check for £990. First I was happy, then I was annoyed. In 2015 they gave me the best part of £4.5k back (across a few accounts).
    A number of banks are automatically reviewing old complaints and this would have happened in due course. The second attempt was just brought forward because of the contact made. Claims companies know this is happening and they are desperate to get their names onto your case so they can get their cut for doing nothing.

My question is can I write to Barclays and ask them to pay the claims companies commission as it was there mistake that they mis calculated as the initial query was sent in by me without the use of a claims company?
    No. It was your choice to pay someone to use the free of charge regulated complaints process.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • barclaysbabe
    • By barclaysbabe 20th Mar 17, 10:51 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    barclaysbabe
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:51 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:51 AM
    Thank you all for your responses
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,804Posts Today

8,418Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin