Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rattlingroger
    • By rattlingroger 20th Mar 17, 10:13 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    rattlingroger
    BT Rewards and Cashback
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:13 AM
    BT Rewards and Cashback 20th Mar 17 at 10:13 AM
    BT have offered various deals which include a Rewards card value and an amount of cashback. In my experience they are (deliberately?) making it extremely difficult to claim these discounts: their web pages bt.com/claimmyrewards and bt.com/claimmycashback are permanently 'not currently available'. I chased up the offers via BT chatline and managed to get the rewards card but the operative at first denied all knowledge of the cashback. When pressed, she claimed that the cashback will arrive as an additional £50 on the reward card once I had depleted the original £100 to zero. It seems to me that BT are hoping that I will forget about discounts until after the expiry of the claim. Be very determined to get what they offered within the timeframe!
Page 2
    • moneysavingscouser
    • By moneysavingscouser 3rd Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    moneysavingscouser
    BT Rewards hard to get
    I ordered BT internet, phone and mobile on the 19th of May 2017. I done so due to the offer of a £200 reward card plus a £50 Amazon voucher. The Amazon voucher was easy to claim, but the BT Mastercard was shown as not being on offer for me on the 'claim my rewards' page on the BT website.

I simply went to live chat, spoke to whoever, wherever, (I think India) and they were pretty good and located my reward card in a few seconds. This after the BT website informed me that I was not eligible for the reward card.

I copied the chat log in case BT deny me my reward.

I went to BT after my Virgin bill for broadband and home phone crept from a negotiated £18 a month up to £43 a month. The BT deal costs £42 per month and this includes infinity broadband, home phone and mobile with 1250 mins and 4 GB data. Add on the BT rewards and my bill is WAY down.

Thanks to MSE for convincing me to dump Virgin. I've been with them since the start but was being taken for granted.

To anyone else struggling with BT rewards, get your order number and account number and go to live chat. To copy the chat, press the PRTDC SYSRQ then paste the image into word or some open office writer. You may need to scroll up and make a few copies to get all the text. Good luck.
    • titanflux
    • By titanflux 5th Jun 17, 4:16 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    titanflux
    I'm in the same situation.

£125 Mastercard when signing up for infinity contract.

Service activated 5 May.
    Claimed on the website page on 5 May. Website accepted it with my order number and activation date fine.
    Got an email confirmation straight away to say it was being sent and allow 30 days.
    30 days passed.
    Chased up via the special webform for that purpose (https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090)
    Got an email same day from the "BT.com Vouchers Team" saying they would manually process my "Amazon voucher".
    I replied to that saying it's not an Amazon voucher it's a prepaid Mastercard to use as I wish.
    Further reply within an hour to say ignore the previous email and allow 30-45 days for my reward card!!

Interestingly the claim page now states "Your order is still in progress, but once it's complete you can claim your reward." !!

We shall see what happens. Can bet your bottom dollar that they don't all turn up!!

Just not good enough!!
    Last edited by titanflux; 05-06-2017 at 4:21 PM.
    I'm a pharmacist, not a psychic.
    • dreamypuma
    • By dreamypuma 5th Jun 17, 8:56 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    dreamypuma
    So here I am. The quoted 30 days have now lapsed and still no sight of the my £150 Mastercard Reward. All fairly predictable.

Following a very direct conversation with customer services today, I managed to log a complaint, insisting on a reference number in readiness for further escalation. I was assured that the issue would be resolved in a further 15 days, as the rewards were taking upto 45 days. Not the 30 days quoted in emails previously.

The agent assured me that if issue was not resolved in the following 15 days, they would look to compensate for any inconvenience.

Lets see what the next 15 days bring.
    My farts hospitalize small children
    • Shahzad.ali
    • By Shahzad.ali 6th Jun 17, 7:12 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shahzad.ali
    Hi,

I've tried to get the New BT broadband £23.99 deal and I am having issues and was wondering if you can help.

I'm currently with PlusNet and after their recent price hike I've managed to get out of the contract. However now that I am trying to sign up with BT broadband I am getting the following error:

“We can see from your details that you've already placed an order to stop your current service. In order for us to bring you to BT and keep your number, you must cancel that request with your current service provider.
    Please contact your service provide and arrange for the stop request to be cancelled. Once this is done, come back and continue to place your order with BT.
    If you don't wish to contact your service provide and are happy to take a new Telephone number please call us on xxxxxxxxxxx”

It doesn't give me a number but just these xxxx. Thanks for the help!
    • phillw
    • By phillw 6th Jun 17, 9:13 AM
    • 811 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    phillw
    I'm currently with PlusNet and after their recent price hike I've managed to get out of the contract. However now that I am trying to sign up with BT broadband I am getting the following error:

“We can see from your details that you've already placed an order to stop your current service. In order for us to bring you to BT and keep your number, you must cancel that request with your current service provider.
    Originally posted by Shahzad.ali
    What did you tell Plusnet? If you told them to cancel, then you need to phone them and reverse that before you can switch. Otherwise they will actually cancel it and you'll get charged for a cease on the line and lose your phone number. You should only tell them that you will be switching and you want it noted on your file that you are leaving because of the price rise. Even though they know that nobody will actually want to cancel, if you say you want to cancel then they'll be very happy to do that.

If you didn't tell them to cancel it and they did, then you need to complain to plusnet anyway. There is nothing BT can do about stopping them if plusnet has put an order into openreach to cancel the line.
    Last edited by phillw; 06-06-2017 at 9:17 AM.
    • DrZoops
    • By DrZoops 8th Jun 17, 2:54 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DrZoops
    I got my card today, after my service was activated on 28th April, and I used the online complaint form to claim. They responded that I should get a card within 35 days. I didn't, so on 5th June I replied to their Incident email to that effect. I got two replies: one saying to wait a little longer and one saying they had sent a new card by Registered Delivery. A card arrived today...I will wait and see if another one arrives by Registered Delivery!
    Am still waiting for the cashback...about 8 days left of the 45 days we are supposed to allow, I think.
    • Chris Corbett
    • By Chris Corbett 8th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Chris Corbett
    I switched to BT Infinity on 17th May on the basis of a £200 Reward card. The service was installed 2 days ago but when I go to the Rewarsd site it states I am not eligible. I have tried posting on the BT Community pages and had a response stating that based upon my order no. the offer must not have tracked as I must have had more than one browser window open (which I didn't). I've asked how to escalate and they have now gone all quiet.

Any ideas how to resolve. I am livid!
    • DrZoops
    • By DrZoops 8th Jun 17, 3:57 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DrZoops
    Chris, I suggest completing the form here: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090
    It worked for me (eventually).
    • Chris Corbett
    • By Chris Corbett 8th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Chris Corbett
    Thanks I have tried completing that, let's see if it does anything.
    • mouse10
    • By mouse10 9th Jun 17, 12:29 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mouse10
    I got my £150 reward card yesterday after the service going live 3/5/17. No sign of the £50 cash back yet. I checked My BT last week and the link to claim the cash back had appeared, after originally having the same problem as everyone else, 'you are not eligible'. I'm convinced BT make it as hard as possible to claim these things, hoping you will give up?
    Charles J
    • psccc
    • By psccc 14th Jun 17, 5:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    psccc
    I have my card and tried to use it in various places- but no joy!
    Has anyone used their card? Can you please tell me where you can use it?
    Thanks in advance!
    • titanflux
    • By titanflux 15th Jun 17, 4:05 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    titanflux
    Mine arrived at the end of last week. It's a Mastercard Debit Prepaid Card. I have used it once for an online transaction and it was fine.
    I'm a pharmacist, not a psychic.
    • DrZoops
    • By DrZoops 23rd Jun 17, 6:42 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DrZoops
    <Sigh> Still no cashback cheque. This is beyond a joke. Just sent an enquiry via https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090. I wonder how many people just forget about their claims or give up...
    • WBAPanthers
    • By WBAPanthers 3rd Jul 17, 9:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    WBAPanthers
    Sorry to hijack this thread!

Quick question, I have a BT Reward card for £200, how does it work if you want to buy something on the internet that is more, but put this £200 towards it?

Example: PS4 Pro is £350, I want to use the reward card to bring it down to £150 and then pay the difference on my debit card? Can this be done, and how does it work?
    • scarymonster
    • By scarymonster 5th Jul 17, 8:18 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    scarymonster
    Can anyone clarify which 3rd party will pay my £50 cashback?

From the MSE email of 12th April, I ordered non-fibre BT broadband -

'Don't need fibre? See full options incl BT standard speed for £298 over 12 months + £100 Mastercard and £50 cashback.'

Having had problems claiming my reward card via the BT website, I finally did so by webchat with BT last night. When I asked about the cashback, they simply said it would come from the relevant third party. But as the weblink I followed from the MSE email is no longer live (or archived) I have no idea who is the third party. Any clues?

Thanks.
    • ed1su
    • By ed1su 6th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    ed1su
    Can i use the card to pay BT bill
    Hi

I claimed my card on 8th June, yesterday I received an email stating that I would receive my card in next 10 days. It arrived today and I have activated it now.

I can pay £150 toward BT bill. So the payment can be taken from the credit?

Thank you
    • mouse10
    • By mouse10 6th Jul 17, 12:53 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mouse10
    I am still waiting for my cash back, despite chasing it 3 times and going through the same routine of 'when did you order', 'what website' blah blah.
    Has anyone had the cashback?
    Charles J
    • DrZoops
    • By DrZoops 2nd Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DrZoops
    I finally received my Cashback cheque today after four months of waiting and at least three emails to BT Customer Services (in addition to the ones that were required to obtain the Reward card)!
    I had contemplated switching my mobile phone over to BT as there was a package on offer that looked competitive once cashback is factored in, but I'm not sure I have the patience to jump through so many hoops again. I find it hard to believe the apparent incompetence is not a deliberate strategy to ensure that a proportion of customers never receive the incentives they were promised.
    • DiscountofMonteCristo
    • By DiscountofMonteCristo 19th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DiscountofMonteCristo
    At the end of August I signed up with BT for this deal: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/23-08-2017/#bband It promises a £150 BT Reward Card.

After claiming the reward, I was sent a notification email that said a £125 reward card would be on its way.

I used the contact form in the rewards section of the BT website to ask why/how come the £150 was reduced to £125. I got this reply:

"We have checked your BT Reward card claim and can confirm that you’re eligible to receive one.
    I have therefore arranged for a £125 Prepaid Master card to be sent to your installation address
    to arrive within the next 30-45 working days."

This clearly does not address my query. I shall be following this up.
    • steveE2
    • By steveE2 19th Sep 17, 6:09 PM
    • 1,155 Posts
    • 1,066 Thanks
    steveE2
    @DiscountofMonteCristo
    Have replied on your own thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,422Posts Today

6,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin