Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rattlingroger
    • By rattlingroger 20th Mar 17, 10:13 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    rattlingroger
    BT Rewards and Cashback
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:13 AM
    BT Rewards and Cashback 20th Mar 17 at 10:13 AM
    BT have offered various deals which include a Rewards card value and an amount of cashback. In my experience they are (deliberately?) making it extremely difficult to claim these discounts: their web pages bt.com/claimmyrewards and bt.com/claimmycashback are permanently 'not currently available'. I chased up the offers via BT chatline and managed to get the rewards card but the operative at first denied all knowledge of the cashback. When pressed, she claimed that the cashback will arrive as an additional £50 on the reward card once I had depleted the original £100 to zero. It seems to me that BT are hoping that I will forget about discounts until after the expiry of the claim. Be very determined to get what they offered within the timeframe!
Page 1
    • Aced2016
    • By Aced2016 20th Mar 17, 10:26 AM
    • 227 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Aced2016
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:26 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:26 AM
    I got my cashback ok ! However my Amazon gift card has never arrived. It's well over 45 days now, I contact them and they then say wait another 45 days. It's a bit of a joke and I have no confidence it will arrive !!

And as for BTs customer service, well I have no words for that!
    • Postcard
    • By Postcard 20th Mar 17, 10:31 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Postcard
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:31 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:31 AM
    It looks like you have the incorrect link for the rewards card. It should be: http://www.bt.com/claimmyreward which appears to work ok.
    • rattlingroger
    • By rattlingroger 20th Mar 17, 2:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rattlingroger
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:31 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:31 PM
    Thanks. Obviously I was given the wrong address (with an 's' on the end) for the reward. But bt.com/claimmycashback still says 'not currently available': any ideas?
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 20th Mar 17, 2:32 PM
    • 1,140 Posts
    • 2,785 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:32 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:32 PM
    Give this one a try https://www.broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback/
    • rattlingroger
    • By rattlingroger 20th Mar 17, 3:47 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rattlingroger
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:47 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:47 PM
    Many thanks. That website appears to have maybe logged my claim, but I will not know for 45 days whether I will receive a cheque! We shall see.
    • MrsGrey
    • By MrsGrey 29th Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    MrsGrey
    • 29th Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    BT says I'm not eligible for reward card
    • 29th Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    I applied for BT broadband on 9th April, within the offer period, online, and installed the router on 21st April. So as far as I can see, I've fulfilled all the criteria to be able to claim the Mastercard with £125 credit. Nevertheless, the claimmyreward page insists I'm not eligible. They make it SO hard to claim. Of course I've filled in an online enquiry. Has anyone else had this experience?
    • rattlingroger
    • By rattlingroger 29th Apr 17, 3:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rattlingroger
    • 29th Apr 17, 3:14 PM
    Success!
    • 29th Apr 17, 3:14 PM
    I did eventually get both the Reward card and (much later) a cheque for £50 as the cashback. But not until I had repeatedly applied for the cashback: they come back with 'thank you, wait for 45 days' on the web page but do not confirm by any other means that you could latterly point to (such as an email) that your request for the cashback has been registered. As others have said, they make it extremely hard to get the reward/cashback they offer as an incentive.
    • DrZoops
    • By DrZoops 4th May 17, 5:45 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DrZoops
    • 4th May 17, 5:45 PM
    • 4th May 17, 5:45 PM
    Yes, I applied on 21st April and service was activated on 28th April. The bt.com/claimmyreward site claims I am not eligible. When did you make your online enquiry, MrsGrey, and have you heard anything back from them yet?
    • dreamypuma
    • By dreamypuma 4th May 17, 7:30 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    dreamypuma
    I applied for BT broadband on 9th April, within the offer period, online, and installed the router on 21st April. So as far as I can see, I've fulfilled all the criteria to be able to claim the Mastercard with £125 credit. Nevertheless, the claimmyreward page insists I'm not eligible. They make it SO hard to claim. Of course I've filled in an online enquiry. Has anyone else had this experience?
    Originally posted by MrsGrey

I'm in the same boat. Ordered 17th April, service went live 3rd May. Today i attempted to claim (4th May) and received the same message.

Like yourself I have completed an online enquiry, so await the outcome. Not happy at all.

I expect this forum will be inundated with similar posts in the coming days.
    My farts hospitalize small children
    • AddieH
    • By AddieH 5th May 17, 8:07 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    AddieH
    I also ordered BT Infinity 1 plus phone line on the £150+£50 deal on 19th April. It was installed yesterday (4th May). I've claimed the £50 cash back, but the "claimmyrewards" site for the £150 prepaid card also says that I am ineligible!

Sounds like it might be broken for a lot of people.
    • DrZoops
    • By DrZoops 5th May 17, 10:32 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DrZoops
    It is really annoying. The process of claiming the £50 seems incredibly flaky (no email acknowledgement, as rattlingroger noted) and waiting for 45 days (really, how on earth can they justify it taking so long?). Even submitting the email enquiry regarding the £150 is underwhelming, as it sends no acknowledgement, just expects you to note a 12-digit reference number and give no estimate of the time-frame in which you can expect a response.
    • mouse10
    • By mouse10 5th May 17, 11:27 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mouse10
    BT Cashback farce
    I also ordered BT Infinity 1 plus phone line on the £150+£50 deal on 19th April. It was installed yesterday (4th May). I've claimed the £50 cash back, but the "claimmyrewards" site for the £150 prepaid card also says that I am ineligible!

Sounds like it might be broken for a lot of people.
    Originally posted by AddieH
    I had exactly the same issue, ordered 15/4/17, installed 3/5/17.
    Just had an email to say the reward card is being sent, after first denying such a deal existed and never having heard of MSE!
    If I get the cash back it will be a miracle. Spent an hour of my time trying to sort this, they obviously don't want to honour these deals and hope you will give up.
    Charles J
    • dreamypuma
    • By dreamypuma 5th May 17, 3:05 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    dreamypuma
    I've just received an email from BT Titled: "We've sent your reward" this is despite telling on there me on their site that i was ineligible for the reward yesterday.

I'm not sure if this is as a result of the online inquiry form that I completed yesterday, or just how this works.

The email is addressed to me by name, and goes on to thank me for claiming my £150 reward. It will be sent in the post, and could take upto 30days to arrive.

Signed off by Libby Barr MD of Customer Care.

Not sure if this is a coincidence or but seems promising.
    • mouse10
    • By mouse10 5th May 17, 3:38 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mouse10
    I have now had 3 separate emails telling me I am eligible for Reward card and cash back from 3 different people, might get it 3 times......more likely not at all.
    Charles J
    • DrZoops
    • By DrZoops 5th May 17, 4:17 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DrZoops
    Yes, I've had an email and a text promising the £150 card, in response to my claim. I wonder if they will update their algorithm which is telling people they aren't due a reward, or leave it as it is - which will no doubt reduce the claim rate. Will put a note in my calendar for 30 days time just in case it hasn't arrived.
    • AddieH
    • By AddieH 5th May 17, 5:22 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    AddieH
    I did the complaint form too and very quickly was deluged with emails and a text to say the reward card was on the way.
    • Atom62
    • By Atom62 6th May 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Atom62
    I am in the same position, I have filled in a complaint form and received a call back saying my order didn't track so I aren't eligible for the cashback.
    • dreamypuma
    • By dreamypuma 31st May 17, 8:20 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    dreamypuma
    Anyone got their Mastercard rewards card yet?
    • DrZoops
    • By DrZoops 31st May 17, 10:47 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DrZoops
    Still waiting for mine. Was told on 5th May that they would send it "shortly" and that it could take 30 days to arrive...so any day now (maybe)! I shall be sure to chase up if not. No sign of the £50 either, but a few more days to run until 45 days elapsed on that one. :-(
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,436Posts Today

9,064Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin