Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tizzle6560
    • By tizzle6560 20th Mar 17, 10:03 AM
    • 278Posts
    • 51Thanks
    tizzle6560
    Party wall agreement
    • 20th Mar 17, 10:03 AM
    Party wall agreement 20th Mar 17 at 10:03 AM
    The house next door us has recently been bought and work/renovations have already started.

On the advice of my father, I asked the builder carrying out the works if the new owners would mind signing a party wall agreement. He said that no major structural works are needed and the only work affecting the party wall would be new electrics and plastering.

Should I still insist on an agreement put in place, just in case, or is it simply not needed for these type of works? I would have thought that new electrics/ new sockets etc. could potentially cause an issue so better toe covered?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 20th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    • 22,902 Posts
    • 64,498 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    Electrics and plastering do not affect the party structure. No party wall agreement is required for those.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

1,121Users online

Martin's Twitter