Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loulou41
    • By loulou41 19th Mar 17, 9:43 PM
    • 2,538Posts
    • 162Thanks
    loulou41
    My bb has been cut off by mistake
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:43 PM
    My bb has been cut off by mistake 19th Mar 17 at 9:43 PM
    As above neighbourhood has agreed to let use her. I can connect ipad and tablets but cannot connect desktop window 7 wireless. It is recognised on the network but get message no internet connection. I havery added manually with correct details still no joy Pl can anybody help
Page 2
    • Rubidium
    • By Rubidium 20th Mar 17, 4:20 PM
    • 647 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Rubidium
    You honestly think that this could have been sorted. Emailing the chief executive has anybody actually got any response from him. Can always email him of the outcomes afterwards as there are issues that need to be addressed to avoid somebody vulnerable going through what I have been. Thanks for your advice
    PS How easy to set bt home hub 4 is it just a matter of switching routers
    Originally posted by loulou41
    Yes if you had emailed straight away, it is very likely that the executive office would have simply cancelled the disconnection and compensated you. When you email the CEO, obviously he doesn't deal with your problem but there is a dedicated team that are tasked with quickly resolving issues like this. Over the years I have found that this is the only way to sort out BT problems and it always works without fail and with compensation. You should not need to set up any new hub and would not need to if they had cancelled the disconnection and reinstated your broadband and line!
    • loulou41
    • By loulou41 20th Mar 17, 4:52 PM
    • 2,538 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    loulou41
    I am grateful for the advice but not confident to carry it out esp if you are a mom techie pensioner Thanks a lot
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Mar 17, 5:16 PM
    • 29,512 Posts
    • 18,656 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I am grateful for the advice but not confident to carry it out esp if you are a mom techie pensioner Thanks a lot
    Originally posted by loulou41
    Complain to BT as been advised.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Rubidium
    • By Rubidium 20th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 647 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Rubidium
    Complain to BT as been advised.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Agreed but complain to the exec office if you want resolution of your problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,681Posts Today

8,963Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin