Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cmmcgen
    • By cmmcgen 19th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 15Thanks
    cmmcgen
    SSE Problems - HELP
    • 19th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    SSE Problems - HELP 19th Mar 17 at 5:41 PM
    Hello

I moved into a new build rented apartment in December 2016 and the electricity meter was set up with SSE by the landlords. I have contacted SSE multiple times to receive a initial letter or bill from them as I want to change companies to look for a better deal. I have had no information from them at all about what tariff I am on. Each time I have rung up they have said that I am on the system as "de-energised" but the landlords confirmed the electricty is with them and I have been receiving electricity. I have told them each time that this is not the case. They have since confirmed that this was a computer system error. I am now three months on and they have promised last week that they were sorting it but I have still not heard anything. I am concerned I will be hit with a massive bill when they do finally get round to sending me one after 3 months + of being on an unknown tariff . Does anyone know how I can sort this / if there is anyone I can complain to as I feel I am going to pay an unnecessarily large amount for electricity over this time.

Help please!

Thanks
    Save
    Save
    Save
Page 1
    • dogshome
    • By dogshome 20th Mar 17, 8:17 AM
    • 2,815 Posts
    • 1,415 Thanks
    dogshome
    • 20th Mar 17, 8:17 AM
    • 20th Mar 17, 8:17 AM
    The chances are that you are on SSE's ' Standard Variable Tariff', which is the most expensive.

WRITE to them heading the letter Complaint, pointing out that you are being financially dis-advantaged by their tardiness in stetting up your account, giving them a meter reading and insisting you are moved to a cheaper tariff from the date on your letter- Look at SSE's web site to see what tariffs they have and name the one you want.

This sort of problem can take ages to sort out, to protect yourself keep a weekly log of your meter readings.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 20th Mar 17, 12:33 PM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 1,598 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:33 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 12:33 PM
    Dont forget to put some money away for when a bill does arrive then at least you'll be prepared.

If you read your meter yourself you can work out how much it will cost on SSE's standard variable tariff so the size of the bills wont be a surprise.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,785Posts Today

6,245Users online

Martin's Twitter