Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DJones17
    • By DJones17 19th Mar 17, 9:58 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DJones17
    PPI & IVAs
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:58 AM
    PPI & IVAs 19th Mar 17 at 9:58 AM
    Firstly I hope this is the correct forum to post in.

I was previously in an IVA which was completed in 2012. I finally received my completion certificate in 2016.

I have been advised by a creditor that I am due a refund. I have been asked to provide a copy of my closure certificate which I have done.

The refund is for previous loads which were not included in my IVA. The creditor is stating that the refund could be returned to my IVA firm. Is this correct procedure ?

I was made redundant due to suffering a nervous breakdown and have significant mental health issues. This money would be a great help due to my financial situation due to not being able to work at present.

Basically my question to the forum is would it be correct for a creditor to refund my IVA despite the loan not being part of the IVA.

I appreciate any advice as this is stressing me out at the moment.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 19th Mar 17, 2:09 PM
    • 10,282 Posts
    • 10,025 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:09 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:09 PM
    Hi,

The Green v Wright appeal may be relevant in your case.

It all depends what kind of IVA you signed up to.

The most up to date information i can find is here :

https://debtcamel.co.uk/ppi-claims-after-iva/

Suggest you read it, and see if any of this is relevant to your particular circumstances.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • DJones17
    • By DJones17 19th Mar 17, 3:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DJones17
    • 19th Mar 17, 3:10 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 3:10 PM
    Unfortunately this doesn't clarify my position.

As I stated the debt wasn't included in the original IVA so I don't know where I stand.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,555Posts Today

5,865Users online

Martin's Twitter