Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MarleyB47
    • By MarleyB47 19th Mar 17, 9:52 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MarleyB47
    Natwest Loan question
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:52 AM
    Natwest Loan question 19th Mar 17 at 9:52 AM
    Hi,

I have been trying to apply for a Natwest loan for a few weeks. It have been having problems using their digital docs online system (it kept producing an error when trying to upload) so I was advised to go into branch with the docs needed and they would be sent off and then a decision given in 3-5 days.

I went into my local branch yesterday and spoke to an advisor who said he would be able to complete the loan application there and then so we did, went through everything again and provided all the documents needed (proof of income etc) at the end he got me to sign a contract and gave me a letter with a loan account number, date of payments etc and said the funds will be in my account within 2-3 working days.

Now this is the stupid question (I would call the loans dept but they are closed on Sundays, and yesterday by OH was doing a charity event to which he was injured and we spent 12 hours at the hospital...!)

Would you 100% take his as the loan as accepted? It is for £1500 so quite a low loan amount and is for "home improvements"

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 19th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    • 2,198 Posts
    • 3,339 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    Why wouldn't it be?

You've signed the loan application form, you've provided all documents that were required, you've been told what date the payments will leave the account, you've been told when the loan will be in your account.
    • MarleyB47
    • By MarleyB47 19th Mar 17, 9:58 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MarleyB47
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:58 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:58 AM
    I worry about everything... lol thank you for your reply!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 19th Mar 17, 10:24 AM
    • 29,720 Posts
    • 18,816 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:24 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:24 AM
    So a loan of £1500, what kind of apr is being charged for that ?

Could you have not got a 0% credit card ?
    Je Suis Charlie
    • BatchedMetting
    • By BatchedMetting 20th Mar 17, 2:47 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    BatchedMetting
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:47 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:47 PM
    What was on the digital docs from Natwest? I recently applied (and was rejected) online for a loan but don't remember having to upload any docs? Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,617Posts Today

8,785Users online

Martin's Twitter