Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miss_renegade
    • By miss_renegade 19th Mar 17, 9:05 AM
    • 55Posts
    • 110Thanks
    miss_renegade
    Why are all my credit reports showing different scores?
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:05 AM
    Why are all my credit reports showing different scores? 19th Mar 17 at 9:05 AM
    Hi all,

I've not posted in a while but I'm finding it difficult to understand my many credit reports. I am signed up to noddle, Credit expert and money saving expert's credit club. All 3 are showing different scores. The credit expert (last updated match 7th) shows 313, noddle shows 616 and money saving expert shows 951. The latter two were apparently updated today.
    I am currently in dispute with talk mobile regarding some late payment markers they put on my credit file, which could account for the difference, but when I search on the money saving expert one it says that there aren't any changes since my previous report?!
    I am very confused as both credit expert and money saving expert use Experian report, but there's a massive difference in the score!

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on at all or come across this with their own report?
    September £5 a day challenge £65.41/£125
Page 1
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 19th Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    • 2,286 Posts
    • 3,411 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    The score is not universal so will always differ.

Lenders never see it - so why would you want to.

Check that all data held is correct eg - DOB, ER, accounts held, dates closed, late payments, CCJs etc etc

And if you are using the free trial with Credit Expert, cancel it before they start debiting £15 a month.

Use Clearscore to check Equifax data and don't pay for the privilege of seeing a score that no-one else sees/cares about.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 19th Mar 17, 10:25 AM
    • 29,967 Posts
    • 18,974 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:25 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:25 AM
    Unfortunately there's no universal scoring system all 3 agencies use, luckily no 1 but you can see the scores.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 19th Mar 17, 2:55 PM
    • 11,929 Posts
    • 11,417 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:55 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:55 PM
    All three CRA`s use different scoring techniques, and mark you how they see you, this is only their opinion, and never gets shared with anyone else but you.

Lenders have there own scoring systems which may or may not be similar.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

530Posts Today

4,881Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin