Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jibri sarkar
    • By Jibri sarkar 19th Mar 17, 1:43 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jibri sarkar
    PCN with Contravention code 01
    • 19th Mar 17, 1:43 AM
    PCN with Contravention code 01 19th Mar 17 at 1:43 AM
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so apologise if this has been asked before, I have received PCN from Barnet council under Contravention Code 1 Parked in restricted street during prescribed hours. The timing showing is 20:38 to 20:38 which is not even 1 minute and yes car was stationary and unattended for hardly a minute, no PCN was issued at point and just received it by post.
    According to NIDirect I can see following:
    'Contravention code 01 shall be used for non-goods vehicles (cars, motorbikes, and so on) seen to be parked in contravention on double or single yellow lines. A five-minute observation period will be applied to non-goods vehicles'
    In my case observation period was not followed, is it worth doing appeal please? Also I am going out country for a month on Tuesday should I ask them to hold decision for month I have substantial evidence to prove I am going away. Thanks for all your help
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Mar 17, 2:13 AM
    • 15,170 Posts
    • 19,124 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:13 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:13 AM
    as this is a council pcn, register over on pepipoo forums using a gmail address and post it in their special section for council pcn`s

this forum tends to deal with private pcn,s
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Mar 17, 6:40 AM
    • 14,046 Posts
    • 22,064 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th Mar 17, 6:40 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 6:40 AM
    You should read Mr Mustard's blog. He is a major campaigner in the Barnet area and often takes on the council over parking penalties. You might also want to think about making contact with him.

http://lbbspending.blogspot.co.uk
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    • 48,970 Posts
    • 62,465 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    'Contravention code 01 shall be used for non-goods vehicles (cars, motorbikes, and so on) seen to be parked in contravention on double or single yellow lines. A five-minute observation period will be applied to non-goods vehicles'. In my case observation period was not followed, is it worth doing appeal please?
    Yes, on the basis that no observation period was observed, to check for exempt activity such as loading, unloading or assisted boarding or alighting, none of which would be eliminated as a possibility after just one minute. They are not complying with the London Borough guidelines (can't recall what they are called but pepipoo posters will know) about enforcement and observation of contraventions which does indeed require at least 5 minutes.

Also, if this was issued by remote camera, it should not have been because that can only be used for school 'keep clear' markings and moving traffic contraventions:

https://www.barnet.gov.uk/citizen-home/parking-roads-and-pavements/Parking/moving-traffic-contraventions.html

But was it in fact a photo taken on the pavement by a CEO but the letter says the driver drove away before a PCN could be served? If so then they can so that BUT again, one minute observation is not allowed and should win this at Adjudication (a meeting in a room, not a tribunal or anything scary).

Also I am going out country for a month on Tuesday should I ask them to hold decision for month I have substantial evidence to prove I am going away.
    Appeal as late as possible within the time given on the postal PCN. Not too early, so submit this on Monday and yes, you could say you will be away but intend to pursue the matter to the Adjudicator in due course. Or, if there is more time to appeal and you trust someone else to submit this for you in your absence, in time, give that person STRICT instructions which day to submit it. Or take it with you and do the appeal online from abroad at the right time, late in the 28 day appeal window.

This is Mr Mustard addressing Parliament about Barnet's cash cow approach:

https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmtran/writev/parking/m33.htm

Pepipoo win almost every case referred to them so start a new topic with pics of BOTH SIDES of that PCN (all small print except PCN and VRN). No using a Hotmail email to register on pepipoo. Do that today and you can check for answers on your thread and reply from abroad.

HTH
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 19-03-2017 at 2:55 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,548Posts Today

9,127Users online

Martin's Twitter