Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrWizard
    • By MrWizard 19th Mar 17, 12:49 AM
    • 26Posts
    • 1Thanks
    MrWizard
    Merging S&S ISAs
    • 19th Mar 17, 12:49 AM
    Merging S&S ISAs 19th Mar 17 at 12:49 AM
    Hi,

Just wanted some clarification.

I've used the 15k ISA allowance this year. Next month if I spend the 20k allowance on the same fund do they get added together or will it be listed as 2 separate funds.

Thanks
Page 1
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 19th Mar 17, 1:10 AM
    • 6,868 Posts
    • 12,369 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    • 19th Mar 17, 1:10 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 1:10 AM
    If the £20k you put in next year is just going in with the same S&S ISA provider, and you are buying the same fund, your account with that S&S ISA provider will simply show that you hold a larger number of units/shares of that fund than you do today, and it will show that the cost of the overall holding will be whatever you paid to buy it this year plus whatever it cost to buy the additional shares in the fund that you buy next year. You will have a statement showing money coming in from your bank and that money going out again as it is spent on an investment of x,xxx.xxx shares in the fund.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 19th Mar 17, 6:21 AM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 8,163 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 19th Mar 17, 6:21 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 6:21 AM
    Assuming you use the same S&S ISA*, and just add £20k to it, you wouldn't be "merging" S&S ISA's, you'd be "merging" purchases of the same fund.

*You dont have to open a new S&S ISA each year, you can just add money to an existing one. (only one in each tax year)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,135Posts Today

6,664Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin