Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigrednose
    • By bigrednose 18th Mar 17, 11:18 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bigrednose
    Double glazing finance
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:18 PM
    Double glazing finance 18th Mar 17 at 11:18 PM
    I'm looking for some advice concerning the loan company that financed my double glazing. I signed a contract to cover payment of one window and two patio doors supplied and fitted with Anglian. I was happy with quote and the repayments. The units were delivered and fitted, well partly. The window was completed and looks great but the two patio doors were put in situ but not completed. The fitter said that my builder needed to complete the job ( I had hired a builder to create an opening for the new doors as they were initially windows). I must add that the builder received exact measurements from Anglian surveyor prior to starting work. He created the opening and boarded up the space ready for the doors to be put in. The job was to be completed in one day. Three or so hours into the fitting the fitters said that the job wasn't completed as the builder had to do more work. I said that I wasn't sure because the builder was paid to do the opening only. They told me that they would be back once the builder had done. He gave me the number of his boss to speak to. I was asked tosign two documents. I signed one that related to the window and ticked that I was happy with the job. The second document I said I was not happy as the job was not completed and I added what the fitter had said to me. When I gave him the paperwork he seemed annoyed that I had filled one in saying I wasn't happy, he said that he would've filled it in for me. The next day I spoke to the builder who confirmed that it was Anglian's job to fit and make good not his. I contacted Shawbrook the finance company and asked them to withhold payment until the job had been done. They agreed to this putting me at ease. Anglian called me the next day, not about the unfinished doors but about "substantial discount" that I could receive due to their being a huge order they had secured from one of my neighbours as a result of my job! The very next day a salesman visited to sell another product using my so called discount. No other Anglian representative had visited for over a month to rectify the problems. In fact I had to call them numerous times to complain. One chap was sent who was unable to do anything. I asked my builder to attend on the same day to help me identify the problem. The fitter from Anglian had been told to do the trimmings. He had no idea that the work left to be done was so substantial. He took photos as suggested by my builder. My builder was aghast at the state of the walls surrounding the openings. He said that what the fitters had done was create so much damage as they took out the original windows and were either not trained as builders to make good so left it. I was confident that the job would be finally completed because I believed that I had leverage in that no money would be paid until Anglian had completed the job. To my horror Shawbrook applied the DD. In the 11th hour I cancelled it and notified them what I had done and why. They told me that I had signed a satisfaction document. I explained that there were two documents because there were two jobs: a window and two doors. Anglian had only supplied them with the document that showed I was satisfied. I explained that Anglian would not care whether the job was rectified or not now that they were paid. Shawbrook said that if Anglian had only supplied them with one document then it was fraud. I struggle to believe either of them. I think Shawbrook have supplied finance to Anglian customers for many years. I have begun to pay in accordance with my contract but I am not happy. I have two unfinished doors and surrounding walls that have been badly damaged. Anglian have not made any inclination to finish the job. I am now hearing from Shawbrook that they don't withhold payment that the money is transferred to Anglian almost immediately as they receive the paperwork once jobs are completed. If this is so then I was misled by Shawbrook to begin with. So, after this rather long account can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I sort this out? Are Shawbrook responsible in anyway?
Page 1
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 19th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    • 806 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    Perhaps making your post readable by inserting some paragraphs and only inserting relevant info will get more people replying?

At the moment its a wall of text. Sorry.

Have you officially complained to Anglia in writing?
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 19th Mar 17, 8:08 AM
    • 7,970 Posts
    • 11,889 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:08 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:08 AM
    Ahh my eyes!
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • docmatt
    • By docmatt 19th Mar 17, 8:18 AM
    • 692 Posts
    • 330 Thanks
    docmatt
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:18 AM
    • 19th Mar 17, 8:18 AM
    I'm way too hungover to read that. Sorry OP
    • poppy10
    • By poppy10 20th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 5,853 Posts
    • 7,105 Thanks
    poppy10
    • 20th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    Tried to make OP more readable:

I'm looking for some advice concerning the loan company that financed my double glazing.

I signed a contract to cover payment of one window and two patio doors supplied and fitted with Anglian. I was happy with quote and the repayments.

The units were delivered and fitted, well partly. The window was completed and looks great but the two patio doors were put in situ but not completed. The fitter said that my builder needed to complete the job ( I had hired a builder to create an opening for the new doors as they were initially windows).

I must add that the builder received exact measurements from Anglian surveyor prior to starting work. He created the opening and boarded up the space ready for the doors to be put in. The job was to be completed in one day.

Three or so hours into the fitting the fitters said that the job wasn't completed as the builder had to do more work. I said that I wasn't sure because the builder was paid to do the opening only. They told me that they would be back once the builder had done. He gave me the number of his boss to speak to.

I was asked to sign two documents. I signed one that related to the window and ticked that I was happy with the job. The second document I said I was not happy as the job was not completed and I added what the fitter had said to me.

When I gave him the paperwork he seemed annoyed that I had filled one in saying I wasn't happy, he said that he would've filled it in for me.

The next day I spoke to the builder who confirmed that it was Anglian's job to fit and make good not his. I contacted Shawbrook the finance company and asked them to withhold payment until the job had been done. They agreed to this putting me at ease.

Anglian called me the next day, not about the unfinished doors but about "substantial discount" that I could receive due to their being a huge order they had secured from one of my neighbours as a result of my job! The very next day a salesman visited to sell another product using my so called discount. No other Anglian representative had visited for over a month to rectify the problems. In fact I had to call them numerous times to complain.

One chap was sent who was unable to do anything. I asked my builder to attend on the same day to help me identify the problem. The fitter from Anglian had been told to do the trimmings. He had no idea that the work left to be done was so substantial. He took photos as suggested by my builder. My builder was aghast at the state of the walls surrounding the openings. He said that what the fitters had done was create so much damage as they took out the original windows and were either not trained as builders to make good so left it.

I was confident that the job would be finally completed because I believed that I had leverage in that no money would be paid until Anglian had completed the job. To my horror Shawbrook applied the DD. In the 11th hour I cancelled it and notified them what I had done and why. They told me that I had signed a satisfaction document.

I explained that there were two documents because there were two jobs: a window and two doors. Anglian had only supplied them with the document that showed I was satisfied. I explained that Anglian would not care whether the job was rectified or not now that they were paid.

Shawbrook said that if Anglian had only supplied them with one document then it was fraud. I struggle to believe either of them.

I think Shawbrook have supplied finance to Anglian customers for many years. I have begun to pay in accordance with my contract but I am not happy. I have two unfinished doors and surrounding walls that have been badly damaged. Anglian have not made any inclination to finish the job.

I am now hearing from Shawbrook that they don't withhold payment that the money is transferred to Anglian almost immediately as they receive the paperwork once jobs are completed. If this is so then I was misled by Shawbrook to begin with.

So, after this rather long account can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I sort this out? Are Shawbrook responsible in anyway?
    This post is sponsored by MoneySupermarket
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 21st Mar 17, 10:53 PM
    • 806 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:53 PM
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:53 PM
    Perhaps answering the first question asked would get your post bumped up so more would participate??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,188Posts Today

6,696Users online

Martin's Twitter