Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Louiselouise87
    • By Louiselouise87 18th Mar 17, 5:21 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Louiselouise87
    Shot myself in the foot...
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:21 PM
    Shot myself in the foot... 18th Mar 17 at 5:21 PM
    Hello Parking Ticket Experts,

I have read through the stickies twice, trying to find advice for someone in my situation but, foolishly, I have arrived too late to all of this wonderful information.

I appealed via ParkingEye's online process & admitted that I had been the driver. I know, right... They have since refused my appeal via email & offered an additional 14 days at the reduced rate, from the date of the email (08.03.2017), giving me until Wednesday before it rises.

My question is, should I appeal to POPLA & risk losing the reduced rate or am I a lost cause on account of the foot shooting?

Please accept genuine apologies if my question has been asked, and answered, elsewhere.

Many thanks,
    Louise.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Mar 17, 5:26 PM
    • 13,576 Posts
    • 16,648 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:26 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:26 PM
    naming the driver means that you have less legal grounds to get the pcn cancelled or quashed (no POFA2012) , so you have items like

NO CONTRACT
    POOR OR INADEQUATE SIGNAGE
    BPA CoP failures
    not the same as the BEAVIS case

etc

only you can decide if you should go to popla or not , there are no guarantees

ideally , you want a landowner cancellation , that is your BEST solution
    Last edited by Redx; 18-03-2017 at 5:36 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Louiselouise87
    • By Louiselouise87 18th Mar 17, 5:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Louiselouise87
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:28 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:28 PM
    Ok, great. Thanks for your quick response.

Louise.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    • 44,202 Posts
    • 56,929 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    Ok, great. Thanks for your quick response.
    Originally posted by Louiselouise87
    If your PCN arrived within 14 days of the event then it makes no real difference to name the driver to PE. It would be different for other PPCs but with PE if they issued the PCN straight away, your POPLA appeal wouldn't have featured a 'no keeper liability' argument anyway; it's pointless unless it's a late PCN from them.

We still see PE off in almost every instance at POPLA, almost every time (over 95% of the time) they give up when they see the forum template POPLA appeal.

Your position is best if it was a very short overstay so you can argue 'grace periods' - so what was the situation, which car park, was it pay & display, what happened?
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 18-03-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Louiselouise87
    • By Louiselouise87 18th Mar 17, 10:36 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Louiselouise87
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:36 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 10:36 PM
    Ok, great. Thank-you.

Pay & display at Aire Street, Leeds.
    Upon arrival, the meter wasn't working so I tried to use the app but I couldn't get logged in. I then called the number but the automated service kicked me out because I was already a registered user. I decided to give up (after being there for 10 minutes) & headed to the train station car park instead. As I was leaving, a lady came over to tell me that she'd found a second working meter but I'd already decided to leave & hadn't thought about ANPR.

I explained all to PE but they responded stating that there were payment methods available on the day in question. I have not yet spoken to anyone at the City Council but will do so on Monday.

Thanks again,
    Louise.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Mar 17, 11:10 PM
    • 44,202 Posts
    • 56,929 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:10 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 11:10 PM
    No need to speak to the Council.

Just put 'Aire' into the board search box and your first result apart from your own thread is 3 days ago, AndreaA's POPLA appeal about Aire Street to copy and adapt which was almost exactly the same as yours because he also left without staying. You will also need to find marganne's thread to grab her photos of the Aire Street broken machines...

Searching the forum is the way to go - no links given!

Your POPLA appeal can combine AndreasA's and marganne's.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

125Posts Today

2,218Users online

Martin's Twitter