Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,282Posts
    • 3,804Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 86
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 19th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    • 7,864 Posts
    • 26,086 Thanks
    fairy lights
    To be fair, they were a bit different from a simple house fire that has taken on a political theme with arms and legs.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Seriously?
    It's a massive cluster!!!! of failings that has lead to the death of potentially hundreds of people, and has far reaching implications for many others. I hope it stays in the news for as long as it takes to get justice and doesn't quietly slip out of the headlines.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th Jun 17, 5:11 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    Penitent
    I didn't think there were that many troll-related posts to delete. Two full pages worth have gone. That's why I thought someone had deleted their posts too.

Just had another look and the post count has dropped another 10 despite there being new posts. There's no more troll posts, so someone's definitely having a clear out.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I checked back again because it's got into my head now (hello, OCD). JM's post was 8982 on page 450, it's now 8934 on page 447. Including the ones I noticed this morning, there's probably about 100 posts gone. Bit concerned someone's having a very bad reaction to what went on.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 19th Jun 17, 5:23 PM
    • 7,864 Posts
    • 26,086 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I checked back again because it's got into my head now (hello, OCD). JM's post was 8982 on page 450, it's now 8934 on page 447. Including the ones I noticed this morning, there's probably about 100 posts gone. Bit concerned someone's having a very bad reaction to what went on.
    If someone's been causing trouble the mods might have got a bit delete-happy and got rid of anything that quotes or references any troll posts, which could explain how so many posts have disappeared. As far as I know a forum member couldn't delete all of their own posts, only remove the content?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    Penitent
    If someone's been causing trouble the mods might have got a bit delete-happy and got rid of anything that quotes or references any troll posts, which could explain how so many posts have disappeared. As far as I know a forum member couldn't delete all of their own posts, only remove the content?
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Forum users can fully delete their own posts as long as they aren't too old (I do it when I worry I've said the wrong thing--you click Edit > Delete), but they'd have to do each one individually, which may explain why the deletions are spread out over the day.

It's definitely not the troll posts. They're (mostly) already gone (there's a few borderline ones left) and there weren't that many to begin with.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 25,917 Posts
    • 13,732 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Three weeks ago - people moaning about 'we are not going to get a summer'
    This weekend 'Its too hot''

Well, what temperature do you want it at?
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    In relation to this what about people who moan about the heat but then also have holidays abroad and don't moan about the heat on their holiday.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th Jun 17, 6:19 PM
    • 12,034 Posts
    • 46,175 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Three weeks ago - people moaning about 'we are not going to get a summer'
    This weekend 'Its too hot''

Well, what temperature do you want it at?
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Something manageable, say between 18 and 23 would be nice
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    • 27,433 Posts
    • 99,750 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    With a bit of a breeze, and lovely and cool in the shade.
    And no humidity.

Thank you.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th Jun 17, 6:24 PM
    • 49,456 Posts
    • 135,232 Thanks
    colinw
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    With a bit of a breeze, and lovely and cool in the shade.
    And no humidity.

Thank you.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    And a bit of humility from the weather would be nice
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th Jun 17, 6:27 PM
    • 12,034 Posts
    • 46,175 Thanks
    joansgirl
    The stupid dog will NOT have a drink to cool down. Hurry up pooch, I need a shower
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th Jun 17, 6:54 PM
    • 27,433 Posts
    • 99,750 Thanks
    Pyxis
    And a bit of humility from the weather would be nice
    Originally posted by colinw
    It be ever so 'umble, Mr. Colin, Sir, ever so 'umble.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 19th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 1,781 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Gender inequality. Particularly how office dresscode demands that men wear formal shirt, trousers and shoes while the womenfolk can pitch up in pretty much whatever they want. Most looked like they'd dressed for the beach

• Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    Penitent
    The window seal still hasn't arrived and my makeshift cardboard seal keeps coming loose. The cardboard is being sucked inward (I think it's because the air con's sucking air out of the room, so there's a pressure differential). So even though the air con should be able to drop a room twice the size by something like 15 degrees C, it's struggling to drop it by 3 or 4 degrees.

I'm irritated with myself for spending so much money this month. I just realised my credit card bill is about £500. Granted, 3/5 of that was the air con, but the rest of it is down to restlessness. I spend money when I'm anxious, for some reason. Really need to stop.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th Jun 17, 7:49 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    Penitent
    Gender inequality. Particularly how office dresscode demands that men wear formal shirt, trousers and shoes while the womenfolk can pitch up in pretty much whatever they want. Most looked like they'd dressed for the beach

Originally posted by coffeehound
    You would have liked one of my ex-workplaces, then. If women showed too much skin, some of the blokes would complain about their immodesty and they'd get pulled into the office for a warning.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 19th Jun 17, 7:52 PM
    • 1,575 Posts
    • 6,941 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I hate how even my watered down opinions on here get jumped on like they do, I even got the blame for a rude thought that was in someone else's head
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1751.1
    This week 69.6
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th Jun 17, 8:01 PM
    • 27,433 Posts
    • 99,750 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I hate how even my watered down opinions on here get jumped on like they do, I even got the blame for a rude thought that was in someone else's head
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    (((((((((WofI)))))))))
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 19th Jun 17, 8:07 PM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 1,781 Thanks
    coffeehound
    You would have liked one of my ex-workplaces, then. If women showed too much skin, some of the blokes would complain about their immodesty and they'd get pulled into the office for a warning.
    Ha (TBH I'm complaining more on principle than on feeling offended by the women's mini skirts)

BTW I too buy stuff when stressed. I was hoping to reduce my stuff burden while living here but have instead just bought more and more
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th Jun 17, 8:21 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    Penitent
    Ha (TBH I'm complaining more on principle than on feeling offended by the women's mini skirts)

BTW I too buy stuff when stressed. I was hoping to reduce my stuff burden while living here but have instead just bought more and more
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    It's a bit ridiculous. I've got rid of so much stuff--clothes and books, mostly--but every now and then I just lose all self-control. It's mostly DVDs at the moment. At least they're second hand, that almost counts as money saving.

I seem to have responded to my frustration about not having enough space by...uh, buying more furniture to stuff into the too small space. I've just spent £100 on furniture and little storage boxes--I'm utterly obsessed with boxes at the moment. I think I'm turning into a cat!
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 20th Jun 17, 8:25 AM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    Penitent
    It's beautifully cool and breezy outside, but my house is still a sauna. Currently trying to decide which is worse--being too hot or potential bug infiltration. It's hard being me.
    • Cupcake Returns
    • By Cupcake Returns 20th Jun 17, 10:11 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    Cupcake Returns
    It's beautifully cool and breezy outside, but my house is still a sauna. Currently trying to decide which is worse--being too hot or potential bug infiltration. It's hard being me.
    We have fly screens up. They work a treat. I'm allergic to bites so in this weather I put the screens up so I can keep the windows and back doors open

I just cut down the door ones to fit the Windows
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 20th Jun 17, 10:57 AM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    Penitent
    We have fly screens up. They work a treat. I'm allergic to bites so in this weather I put the screens up so I can keep the windows and back doors open

I just cut down the door ones to fit the Windows
    Originally posted by Cupcake Returns
    I'm not allergic, I'm just a jessie.

I decided that if I put the windows on the ventillation clip and made sure there were no gaps around the nets, that would let the air circulate but there's be less chance of anything inviting itself in.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,097Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin