Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,360Posts
    • 4,110Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 84
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 16th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    • 6,951 Posts
    • 12,706 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Twit accused me of taking a photo of his van. I had to raise the phone to see the screen in the sun.

He is a twit for parking on a junction with a third of it on the side road
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 17th Jun 17, 12:14 AM
    • 26,053 Posts
    • 13,864 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    ignorant **** of a teenager on a bike

he was not riding it when I walked past with the dog, just sitting talking to his mates, just as I got passed them I heard him say 'watch the dog go crazy when I make a move' and sure enough he did a trick and my poor dog went crazy, they all laughed
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    You should have pretended that you were going to set it on them.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th Jun 17, 7:53 AM
    • 6,951 Posts
    • 12,706 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Shopping for new spectacle frames. I don't like the fashion of thick dark frames. They do not suit my face nor for many that buy them.

You may say, keep your existing ones - I will be without any glasses til Weds or Thurs. I have some spare ones, but the prescription is 4-5 years old. Can't see through them when driving now.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th Jun 17, 9:15 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    Some eejit at MSN news. See if you can spot what's irritated me:

Original Story

MSN Version
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    • 6,951 Posts
    • 12,706 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    At my parents as they gone out for the day. Sitting around their garden and realised I left my Kindle at home. It took as long to close all the windows and doors than to drive home and back
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    A bird hit my window this morning and I jumped out my skin. Now, in addition to being dizzy/nauseous from the heat, I'm also twitchy. (The bird was okay, it flew off after. I'm hoping it was either a) the one that's driving me up the wall with its incessant monotone tweeting or b) the one that used my sheet as a toilet yesterday.)

I'm starting to think it's unhealthy for families to live close together for too long. Yes, it's wonderful that they can provide a support system for each other, but they also seem to build up a store of long-running arguments and unresolved slights.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    I've given in to the air con unit. I'm mostly annoyed that I dithered so long, so I ended up choosing the one unit that offered next day delivery rather than shopping around properly. I also ordered a window seal, but that's not coming until next week, so I'll have to make a temporary seal out of cardboard. Should've done as I was told and ordered one on Thurs.

It's quiet in here and it's making me feel guilty for whinging so much!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Jun 17, 5:20 PM
    • 49,602 Posts
    • 135,729 Thanks
    colinw
    I've given in to the air con unit. I'm mostly annoyed that I dithered so long, so I ended up choosing the one unit that offered next day delivery rather than shopping around properly. I also ordered a window seal, but that's not coming until next week, so I'll have to make a temporary seal out of cardboard. Should've done as I was told and ordered one on Thurs.

Originally posted by Penitent
    I would not worry about that, you are only using the thread for its intended purpose
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 17th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 8,557 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Inconsiderate car drivers and the way they park, and the noise of jet skis
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 17th Jun 17, 6:32 PM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    coffeehound
    I'm starting to think it's unhealthy for families to live close together for too long. Yes, it's wonderful that they can provide a support system for each other, but they also seem to build up a store of long-running arguments and unresolved slights.
    Ye, I can only tolerate my mother for about a day before my hackles start rising. I can only make very short visits these days :/
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th Jun 17, 6:59 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    A load of "new" users have decided I'm a reporting addict with multiple AEs and are now disrupting a thread where mentally ill folk support each other. I like having the thread to fall back on, but it's looking like I'm going to have to stop using it so they stop turning a safe space into a hostile environment. What the hell's wrong with people? Attack first, worry about whether you're wrong later...or never.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Jun 17, 7:13 PM
    • 49,602 Posts
    • 135,729 Thanks
    colinw
    A load of "new" users have decided I'm a reporting addict with multiple AEs and are now disrupting a thread where mentally ill folk support each other. I like having the thread to fall back on, but it's looking like I'm going to have to stop using it so they stop turning a safe space into a hostile environment. What the hell's wrong with people? Attack first, worry about whether you're wrong later...or never.
    You could mention it to the forum team maybe but I am not sure how much success you would have with that. Some people seem to see disrupting forums or threads as fun sadly.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 17th Jun 17, 7:14 PM
    • 3,178 Posts
    • 5,356 Thanks
    avogadro
    The sore patch of skin I got when I waxed my face is now going.. you've guessed it, just as it needs waxing again.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th Jun 17, 7:44 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    You could mention it to the forum team maybe but I am not sure how much success you would have with that. Some people seem to see disrupting forums or threads as fun sadly.
    Originally posted by colinw
    I don't think the forum team will be able to help. I've seen this too many times before. Now that they've decided I'm whoever it is that p'ed them off, they'll read everything I post looking for something to report and harrass me to try to make me say something worth reporting until I either leave or get banned. Looks like I tempted fate with #1649. I don't think I'm going to be around much longer.
    • MrsShazbat
    • By MrsShazbat 17th Jun 17, 9:58 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 2,196 Thanks
    MrsShazbat
    Noisy probably drunk neighbours who are still shouting and chanting at 10pm. I guess having parents who weren't big drinkers and being married to a 99% tee-totaller, I don't get the necessity to roll out crates of alcohol because the sun is shining. Mercifully we've been spared the smell of a thousand BBQs though.
    PAYDBX 2017 #71 £1194.54 / £3053.49 * Xmas 2017 #8 £217 / £365 * (2016 £424.32 / £366)
    * SPCNo.10 #66 (SPCNo.9 £442.64 inc Quidco to 2/11/16 £138.92 *
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 17th Jun 17, 11:51 PM
    • 26,053 Posts
    • 13,864 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Noisy probably drunk neighbours who are still shouting and chanting at 10pm. I guess having parents who weren't big drinkers and being married to a 99% tee-totaller, I don't get the necessity to roll out crates of alcohol because the sun is shining. Mercifully we've been spared the smell of a thousand BBQs though.
    Originally posted by MrsShazbat
    Noise from neighbours is quite common for us.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th Jun 17, 6:15 AM
    • 28,064 Posts
    • 102,420 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Shopping for new spectacle frames. I don't like the fashion of thick dark frames. They do not suit my face nor for many that buy them.

You may say, keep your existing ones - I will be without any glasses til Weds or Thurs. I have some spare ones, but the prescription is 4-5 years old. Can't see through them when driving now.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Have you tried rimless ones?
    The beauty of them is that from a distance at least, it doesn't seem like you are wearing glasses at all!

Some eejit at MSN news. See if you can spot what's irritated me:

Original Story

MSN Version
    Oh good grief! Now that is censorship gone mad!

The sad thing about this incident is that it has happened, not on DT, where it would be bad enough despite the expected cut and thrust, but on a very long-standing thread set up for vulnerable people with mental health issues, where they can discuss their feelings, problems and issues in a safe, non-judgemental and accepting place. This thread is the fourth reincarnation of a thread that has been running for three years.
    The thread has a number of regulars and dozens of people who read without posting, but who hopefully realise they are not alone.

Some 'newbies' have started poking jibes at the issues that people have been mentioning.
    The problem is that this could seriously affect some people's wellbeing, and drive them away.

It is really cruel. There has been nothing like this before.
    I can only assume that the people concerned have real problems of their own, which we would be happy to help them with.
    Last edited by Pyxis; 18-06-2017 at 6:26 AM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 18th Jun 17, 7:07 AM
    • 6,907 Posts
    • 15,220 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker

I was really worried about going on holiday alone but now I wish I had!!
    I always try to find the upside and make light of situations especially when it's something fairly trivial but SIL is doing my head in!

At least on this thread, posters have a little whine and a moan and get over it!!!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 18th Jun 17, 8:12 AM
    • 6,951 Posts
    • 12,706 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Woken up by screaming kids at 6:45am. I know its daylight and sunny, does not mean the kids need to run about that time and waking others up.
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 18th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    Crows. Why can't they just sing nicely like the other birds?

All the other birdsong is quite peaceful and relaxing then every so often this massive CAWWWWW just cuts through.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,910Posts Today

9,197Users online

Martin's Twitter