Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,276Posts
    • 3,774Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 83
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 16th Jun 17, 3:39 PM
    • 989 Posts
    • 2,552 Thanks
    helcat26
    I never, ever imagined that so much of my adult life would be spent telling cats to behave.

Stop it.
    Stop fighting.
    Yes, well, you might only be playing but he doesn't seem to like it very much does he?
    No, you can't have biscuits for breakfast, stop clawing at the container and eat your meaty chunks.
    Put your claws back in.
    I ONLY BLOODY HOOVERED THIS MORNING AND NOW YOU'VE GOT FUR EVERYWHERE
    No, you can't eat the phone charger.
    No, you can't chew on the end of the charger and pretend you're a phone being charged.
    No you cannot have biscuits for....oh screw it, you can have biscuits for breakfast but don't expect me to pay your vets bills when you get scurvy.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Made me laugh
    Today I had the conversation of "you are too lazy to go through your caflap and want me to open the door"
    "don't try to eat that plastic bag"
    "please do not sit on my keyboard"
    "Well done you've eaten all your catfood- oh you have chucked it up on the carpet"
    Cats- I love them
    • Clowns and Jugglers
    • By Clowns and Jugglers 16th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Clowns and Jugglers
    Try having seagulls crapping all over your windows night and day. And a landlord who refuses to a) clean the windows and b) put netting up to dissuade the flying fiends from nesting here.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 4:00 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    Penitent
    Can you not put washing out when it's overcast? It will still dry. Better than mouldering away in a damp basket until tomorrow, I'd have thought.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    It's because I freak out about it raining and having to run outside. It's okay in the basket for a day, I've done it before.

I did manage to convince myself to hang the sheets out since they dry quickly--extra points since I usually refuse to hang sheets out due to bug paranoia. Went back out to bring it in...a bird has done its business all over my fitted sheet, so it's back in the washer again.

Try having seagulls crapping all over your windows night and day. And a landlord who refuses to a) clean the windows and b) put netting up to dissuade the flying fiends from nesting here.
    Originally posted by Clowns and Jugglers
    Why would the landlord clean the windows? Is it a block of flats?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 4:07 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    Penitent
    I'm annoyed with my brain. I've mostly finished the Great Room Swap ("mostly" because I'll undoubtedly be fussing about and moving things for days to come. I should feel happy now that it's over, as the process was a PITA and my hands are aching, but I've spent the last couple of hours trying to not cry over absolutely nothing. I prefer the rooms this way around, so I don't get what I'm freaking out over.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 49,443 Posts
    • 135,175 Thanks
    colinw
    I'm annoyed with my brain. I've mostly finished the Great Room Swap ("mostly" because I'll undoubtedly be fussing about and moving things for days to come. I should feel happy now that it's over, as the process was a PITA and my hands are aching, but I've spent the last couple of hours trying to not cry over absolutely nothing. I prefer the rooms this way around, so I don't get what I'm freaking out over.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Maybe you will get more used to it over time...
    • Clowns and Jugglers
    • By Clowns and Jugglers 16th Jun 17, 4:15 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Clowns and Jugglers
    Why would the landlord clean the windows? Is it a block of flats?
    Because we pay a service charge. Which used to include window cleaning, but then for some reason it stopped.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 4:30 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    Penitent
    Maybe you will get more used to it over time...
    Originally posted by colinw
    That's the daft thing: I really like it this way around and I'm glad the impending heatwave pushed me to do it. Maybe moving rooms stirred up my moving house frustrations? I don't know, my brain just does this stuff and expects me to deal with it.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Jun 17, 4:39 PM
    • 49,443 Posts
    • 135,175 Thanks
    colinw
    That's the daft thing: I really like it this way around and I'm glad the impending heatwave pushed me to do it. Maybe moving rooms stirred up my moving house frustrations? I don't know, my brain just does this stuff and expects me to deal with it.
    Congrats on the 1000 posts btw
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    Penitent
    Congrats on the 1000 posts btw
    Originally posted by colinw
    Thanks. I'm a little surprised, to be honest, I was expecting to have some manner of freakout and dump this account around the 500 post mark.
    • Clowns and Jugglers
    • By Clowns and Jugglers 16th Jun 17, 4:55 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Clowns and Jugglers
    Thanks. I'm a little surprised, to be honest, I was expecting to have some manner of freakout and dump this account around the 500 post mark.
    What do you do then? Start again?
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    • 27,402 Posts
    • 99,597 Thanks
    Pyxis
    You're tired, that's all, and also you are having to get used to a new routine type of thing. Change, even change for the better can be unsettling.

Wahay! 1000 posts! Yey!

Toddles off to find a giffy thing..............

.................and comes back, clutching giffy thing...........

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 5:15 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    Penitent
    What do you do then? Start again?
    Originally posted by Clowns and Jugglers
    Exactly. I post for a while, my mental health takes a nosedive, I stop posting for months or years, then I come back with a new account. It's a bit daft, but such is life. I've got through 5 or 6 accounts since 2008, I think.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 5:22 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    Penitent
    You're tired, that's all, and also you are having to get used to a new routine type of thing. Change, even change for the better can be unsettling.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I think you might be right. I was worn out before I even started, so two days of hoiking furniture and arguing with screwdrivers probably wasn't my best plan ever. I'm also struggling a bit with feeling like things aren't quite where the should be.

I do love my "new" room, though. My "old" room was like a cell (bed, CoD, nothing personal), but now I've got all my books and ornaments and stuff around me.

Wahay! 1000 posts! Yey!

Toddles off to find a giffy thing..............

.................and comes back, clutching giffy thing...........
    I find your thing strangely hypnotic.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th Jun 17, 6:34 PM
    • 12,022 Posts
    • 46,128 Thanks
    joansgirl
    My empty headed friend

We just met as me and Bails were coming back from our walk. The friend had been jogging, didn't have her dog with her.

"Don't touch Bails, she has kennel cough, don't want your dog to catch it" Says I.

"That's ok, I'm jumping straight in the shower when I get in, I can give her a stroke with no danger to my dog" says she. Proceeds to make a fuss of Bails.

2 more friends and their dogs arrive. I pull Bails to one side, friend number 1 goes over and strokes their dogs and wonders why I'm shouting at her to "step away from those dogs!!!"

Jeeeez
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Jun 17, 6:40 PM
    • 27,402 Posts
    • 99,597 Thanks
    Pyxis

I find your thing strangely hypnotic.
    it makes me feel slightly seasick!

Reminds me of the time on holiday when I was standing on a narrowish walkway with lapping water either side, and I kept wobbling! Having moving water on both sides was strange, and made my brain feel that I was on a moving structure when I wasn't!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 16th Jun 17, 6:43 PM
    • 3,986 Posts
    • 8,472 Thanks
    minimad1970
    My dog!! When we're walking in the New Forest, great big open spaces, why does he spend so much time either treading on my heels or wandering slowly about in front of me.

And I can't find the bag of jelly beans that I bought in Lidl yesterday
    Last edited by minimad1970; 16-06-2017 at 6:47 PM.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 8:22 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    Penitent
    Today's Money Moral Sleepy Penitent Dilemma: I'm knackered and lying on the couch. I want to go to bed and read, but that requires me to get off the couch. How can I solve this terrible conundrum?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 8:26 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,774 Thanks
    Penitent
    Also, I just realised "peni-tent" sounds a bit like a neologism for the structure a gentleman might form with his blankets if he became excited in bed. Now that I've noticed this, I can't unnotice it.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 16th Jun 17, 8:26 PM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 6,889 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    ignorant **** of a teenager on a bike

he was not riding it when I walked past with the dog, just sitting talking to his mates, just as I got passed them I heard him say 'watch the dog go crazy when I make a move' and sure enough he did a trick and my poor dog went crazy, they all laughed
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1751.1
    This week 69.6
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 16th Jun 17, 8:27 PM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 6,889 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The spacer bar on my keyboard is not working properly
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1751.1
    This week 69.6
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,281Posts Today

8,564Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin