Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,360Posts
    • 4,110Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 82
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Jun 17, 1:22 PM
    • 28,049 Posts
    • 102,340 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I emptied and dismantled the wardrobe and I think I may now be dead. If so, I'm irritated with the afterlife, which seems to mostly involve lying down and having a sore finger.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    But infinitely preferable to the hot place below!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 15th Jun 17, 1:25 PM
    • 12,186 Posts
    • 46,671 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Bailie has Kennel Cough
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 15th Jun 17, 1:26 PM
    • 7,946 Posts
    • 26,486 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Hayfever. I thought I'd managed to avoid it this year because it hasn't been bad at all until now, but today I feel like someone has climbed inside my head and is aggressively tickling me with a feather.
    I keep doing very violent sneezes that startle cats and the elderly.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Jun 17, 1:41 PM
    • 28,049 Posts
    • 102,340 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Bailie has Kennel Cough
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Oh no!

How did she get that?

Mind you, I believe you can get it even if you've been inoculated, just not so badly.

That Bailie! I think she's secretly in love with the Vet; she seems to want to spend a load of time there!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 15th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    • 12,186 Posts
    • 46,671 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Oh no!

How did she get that?

Mind you, I believe you can get it even if you've been inoculated, just not so badly.

That Bailie! I think she's secretly in love with the Vet; she seems to want to spend a load of time there!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    It's very contagious and one of those things where your dog is infectious before showing any symptoms so I have no idea where she caught it or who from.

Problem now is she has to be kept on a lead and well away from other dogs for ages
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    • 28,049 Posts
    • 102,340 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It's very contagious and one of those things where your dog is infectious before showing any symptoms so I have no idea where she caught it or who from.

Problem now is she has to be kept on a lead and well away from other dogs for ages
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    You'll have to walk in front of her ringing a bell.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 15th Jun 17, 2:17 PM
    • 22,059 Posts
    • 56,512 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Ive been really busy all morning, sorting banking, including new account, paying credit card. Etc. Hoovered kitchen, conservatory and dining room and washed said floors.

Slumped to have lunch and read the paper, when someone is clearly having a patio jet-washed! Like a giant hornet!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • colinw
    • By colinw 15th Jun 17, 6:10 PM
    • 49,602 Posts
    • 135,729 Thanks
    colinw
    I should probably be irritated at whoever decided it was a good idea to discard the chewing gum on the side of the bus seat I sat on this Morning but the best I can offer is a shrug at people these days...
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 15th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    • 12,186 Posts
    • 46,671 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Ruddy inconsiderate dog walkers
    How dare they go where I want to go? Who gave them permission?
    You never see anyone over the tip in the evenings but today, because Bailie's got to stay away from other dogs it was rammed
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 15th Jun 17, 7:48 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    I have a newly located, cooler bedroom. Unfortunately, everything hurts and I've still got to sort out all the stuff in what's now the storage room tomorrow. Also, due to the height/awkwardness of some furniture, all my clothes had to stay in the storage room. I suppose I could pretend I'm posh and I have a dressing room/walk-in wardrobe.

On a less irritated note, my new blackout curtains are wonderful. Very glad Argos does next day delivery.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 15th Jun 17, 9:10 PM
    • 2,257 Posts
    • 2,678 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Irritating. Commercial radio or more pacifically the constant repetition of mind numbing commercials that seem to want to pander to the lowest common denominator within a society that seems increasingly unable to think for themselves.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 15th Jun 17, 9:15 PM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 7,357 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Irritating. Commercial radio or more pacifically the constant repetition of mind numbing commercials that seem to want to pander to the lowest common denominator within a society that seems increasingly unable to think for themselves.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    As 75% of advertising is aimed at the female of the species I would imagine that some might be offended by your remarks
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 2027.6
    This week 70.3
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 15th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 5,210 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    Here here!!
    Like some kind of torture....
    Girls do it better....
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 15th Jun 17, 9:19 PM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 7,357 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The statement "Be a stunner for summer" from Slimming World really grates with me at the moment, it implies (nay, states) that you can't be a 'stunner' unless you are slim
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 2027.6
    This week 70.3
    • Judi
    • By Judi 15th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    • 14,927 Posts
    • 60,405 Thanks
    Judi
    kids... My kids... Old enough to know better but how is it that its only me that worries?!
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 15th Jun 17, 11:39 PM
    • 7,946 Posts
    • 26,486 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I never, ever imagined that so much of my adult life would be spent telling cats to behave.

Stop it.
    Stop fighting.
    Yes, well, you might only be playing but he doesn't seem to like it very much does he?
    No, you can't have biscuits for breakfast, stop clawing at the container and eat your meaty chunks.
    Put your claws back in.
    I ONLY BLOODY HOOVERED THIS MORNING AND NOW YOU'VE GOT FUR EVERYWHERE
    No, you can't eat the phone charger.
    No, you can't chew on the end of the charger and pretend you're a phone being charged.
    No you cannot have biscuits for....oh screw it, you can have biscuits for breakfast but don't expect me to pay your vets bills when you get scurvy.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Jun 17, 8:56 AM
    • 28,049 Posts
    • 102,340 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I never, ever imagined that so much of my adult life would be spent telling cats to behave.

Stop it.
    Stop fighting.
    Yes, well, you might only be playing but he doesn't seem to like it very much does he?
    No, you can't have biscuits for breakfast, stop clawing at the container and eat your meaty chunks.
    Put your claws back in.
    I ONLY BLOODY HOOVERED THIS MORNING AND NOW YOU'VE GOT FUR EVERYWHERE
    No, you can't eat the phone charger.
    No, you can't chew on the end of the charger and pretend you're a phone being charged.
    No you cannot have biscuits for....oh screw it, you can have biscuits for breakfast but don't expect me to pay your vets bills when you get scurvy.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    You forgot......

Why oh why do you want to go out again?
    And why don't you use the cat flap?
    And why do you use the corner of a carpetted room to wee, when there is a) an outside, b) a toilet tray with fresh litter, and c) failing a and b, a hard floor just a few feet away from the carpet you chose to wee on.
    So no, I am not in the mood for a cuddle.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 16th Jun 17, 9:06 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    The weather is mocking me, It was bright and sunny this morning, so I put a load of washing in. It's now overcast, so the wet washing will have to sit in its basket until tomorrow morning. (On the plus side, I prefer to hang washing out really early to alleviate outside-related fear, so it's probably for the best.)
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 16th Jun 17, 9:48 AM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Here here!!
    Like some kind of torture....
    Originally posted by horleyflyer
    Cannot understand why anyone would listen to commercial radio, it's intolerable. Maybe except for Classic who only play ads once an hour
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Jun 17, 2:28 PM
    • 28,049 Posts
    • 102,340 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The weather is mocking me, It was bright and sunny this morning, so I put a load of washing in. It's now overcast, so the wet washing will have to sit in its basket until tomorrow morning. (On the plus side, I prefer to hang washing out really early to alleviate outside-related fear, so it's probably for the best.)
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Can you not put washing out when it's overcast? It will still dry. Better than mouldering away in a damp basket until tomorrow, I'd have thought.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

316Posts Today

4,411Users online

Martin's Twitter