Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,360Posts
    • 4,110Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 80
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 13th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    • 6,907 Posts
    • 15,219 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I don't get irritated by much but that expanded page was doing my head in!!
    Last edited by OldMotherTucker; 13-06-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 13th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    • 6,907 Posts
    • 15,219 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Ahh that's better!!
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 13th Jun 17, 8:45 PM
    • 26,053 Posts
    • 13,863 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    A sale starting two days after I paid a higher price.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 13th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 18,396 Posts
    • 42,157 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Books that go into great detail and story telling until the last 10 pages then rush the ending, like the author ran out of interest.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 13th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 6,922 Posts
    • 18,563 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    After much fuss and form filling last year we got son a bank account.

He needs a bank statement for ID & has apparently binned them all.
    Asked to find his bank card, he said since he was 18, his dad had said it wasn't a valid account [sort of correct] & to destroy the old card [again Sort Of good procedure], which he had done.

So now he has an account he can't remember the numbers of, no card to access it & is going to find it a bit tricky to prove himself a client to get another bank account. If only I'd snaffled his statements...

However, he's 18 & needs to make this sort of mistake early and Learn From It.
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 13th Jun 17, 10:54 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 5,210 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    I'm irritated by charities that leave a plastic bag for me to fill and leave out on the stated day.
    I go to the trouble of filling it with unwanted goods and leave it outside on the appointed day.....no collection.
    Contents get wet if it's raining too and it's just annoying!
    Girls do it better....
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 13th Jun 17, 11:06 PM
    • 6,907 Posts
    • 15,219 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    After much fuss and form filling last year we got son a bank account.

He needs a bank statement for ID & has apparently binned them all.
    Asked to find his bank card, he said since he was 18, his dad had said it wasn't a valid account [sort of correct] & to destroy the old card [again Sort Of good procedure], which he had done.

So now he has an account he can't remember the numbers of, no card to access it & is going to find it a bit tricky to prove himself a client to get another bank account. If only I'd snaffled his statements...

However, he's 18 & needs to make this sort of mistake early and Learn From It.
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    Haha - if only you knew the problems I've had trying to renew a lost passport.

My life sucks!
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 14th Jun 17, 5:30 AM
    • 4,002 Posts
    • 8,214 Thanks
    uberalles
    A sale starting two days after I paid a higher price.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Take it back, buy it again but this time in the sale.
    A heart that's...full up like a landfill...a job that slowly kills you...bruises that won't heal.
    He knows there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    I got so tired of concluding that there's nothing for us to conclude.....
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jun 17, 8:15 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    I agree about Tesco removing their own brands from sale, roll on deodorant, crackers, black rubbish sacks, three that come to mind.
    Originally posted by hunters
    Crackers are now showing as "not currently available" rather than "no longer sold", so they might be coming back. Not sure if removing them was just part of the changes to the biscuit range or if they changed their mind because of all the complaints. Very glad I stocked up a while ago (that's what I eat when I'm hiding from tradesmen, so I needed a stash).

I found another annoying one when I was going through my favourite list. The value pre-soaked beetroot 4 pack is showing as no longer sold. The substitute it suggests is exactly the same product, which is in stock. So they've ended the line, then restarted it again with exactly the same product but a different product code. WHY?!
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    It's still early and it's already roasting outside. Dreading going to bed tonight--upstairs is a sauna when it's hot.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th Jun 17, 9:24 AM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 7,359 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Dog is in a barking mood today, it seems that everything is setting him off
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 2027.6
    This week 70.3
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Jun 17, 9:24 AM
    • 28,056 Posts
    • 102,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It's still early and it's already roasting outside. Dreading going to bed tonight--upstairs is a sauna when it's hot.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Keep the curtains closed in rooms that get direct sunlight. It will keep some of the heat out.

Another trick is to soak a towel and wring it out, then hang it in front of a fan.

Something else, I learned on holiday, soak and wring out a sheet or towel and hang it in front of an open window....... the air coming in will be cooled by the wet cloth.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 14th Jun 17, 9:39 AM
    • 6,907 Posts
    • 15,219 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    My cats are playing 'Front door/back door'

I wouldn't mind but the back door has been open since 7.00 ish! I can't ignore them because 2 of them can actually knock the front door to be let in - the 3rd one squeaks so pitifully to be let in that neighbours in the Close come and knock on the door for him
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jun 17, 9:47 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    Keep the curtains closed in rooms that get direct sunlight. It will keep some of the heat out.

Another trick is to soak a towel and wring it out, then hang it in front of a fan.

Something else, I learned on holiday, soak and wring out a sheet or towel and hang it in front of an open window....... the air coming in will be cooled by the wet cloth.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I have the curtains open just a crack to let some air circulate. It gets really stuffy otherwise. The joys of crappy concrete houses--bad air circulation, bad temperature control.

I really need to give in and buy blackout curtains. Not only will they end the deep disappointment of turning off my lamp to go to sleep and discovering it's still light, but they're way better for blocking heat.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jun 17, 10:25 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    I have three deliveries due today and I'm having a bit of a mental. Two of them come with an hour long delivery slot, which makes me feel slightly calmer, but the third could come any time, which makes me twitchy. If I have to deal with people, I like to have it happen according to some kind of schedule. I don't like having the threat of randomly occurring people hanging over me.

I put off buying the new freezer because the person who wants our old one isn't ready for it yet. Just checked the listing and it's gone up £40. I now don't know whether I should buy it now in case it goes up again or wait until they're ready in the hope that it'll go down again.

(I seem to be irritated by a lot of things today.)
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 14th Jun 17, 1:20 PM
    • 12,186 Posts
    • 46,677 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I agree about Tesco removing their own brands from sale, roll on deodorant, crackers, black rubbish sacks, three that come to mind.
    Originally posted by hunters
    The black bags are annoying. 40 for £1 they were. The cheapest alternative is now quadruple the price at £2 for 20. Daylight robbery. I use lots of them as I supply those used at work but I found that Morrisons do them £1 for 40. So every couple of months I do a Morrisons online shop (nearest Morrisons is 40 mile round trip, delivery only a couple of quid) and stock up on all the stuff Morrisons still do that Tesco don't. And at the same time I do most of my regular shopping to get the total up past £40. So Tesco have lost some of my custom.

Sausage rolls was another thing they stopped doing but they've recently reappeared.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 14th Jun 17, 4:22 PM
    • 6,907 Posts
    • 15,219 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Tried to lay in the sun for half an hour but Millie decided to come and settle on my bare stomach - then when I wouldn't give her any attention she started grooming me!!!

Now I have to shower as I'm covered in cat hair
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jun 17, 4:45 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    Tried to lay in the sun for half an hour but Millie decided to come and settle on my bare stomach - then when I wouldn't give her any attention she started grooming me!!!

Now I have to shower as I'm covered in cat hair
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Is it weird that I miss that kind of stuff?

My final irritation for the day: what kind of idiot goes up the attic in this heat just because they want to get everything tidied away according to the completely arbitrary schedule they drew up?
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    • 28,056 Posts
    • 102,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Twice recently I have tried sending an email via the 'contact us' boxes on websites.
    You write your message, then you press submit, and only then does it tell you that you can only write a certain number of characters.

Characters! not even words! And that includes spaces! Blasted nuisance.

Some of these websites don't want you to contact them, I'm sure of it.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • hunters
    • By hunters 14th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    • 573 Posts
    • 1,677 Thanks
    hunters
    The black bags are annoying. 40 for £1 they were. The cheapest alternative is now quadruple the price at £2 for 20. Daylight robbery. I use lots of them as I supply those used at work but I found that Morrisons do them £1 for 40. So every couple of months I do a Morrisons online shop (nearest Morrisons is 40 mile round trip, delivery only a couple of quid) and stock up on all the stuff Morrisons still do that Tesco don't. And at the same time I do most of my regular shopping to get the total up past £40. So Tesco have lost some of my custom.

Sausage rolls was another thing they stopped doing but they've recently reappeared.
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Thanks for that I have a Morrisons quite near so will stock up. My fave sausage rolls are from Aldi, with cheese and bacon
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,159Posts Today

8,574Users online

Martin's Twitter