Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,213Posts
    • 3,544Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 79
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 11th Jun 17, 9:27 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    I don't particularly want to see someone's bottom biscuits, but short of indecent exposure laws there's little you can do to compel people to dress decently.
    Originally posted by avogadro
    Bottom biscuits.
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 11th Jun 17, 10:09 PM
    • 989 Posts
    • 2,552 Thanks
    helcat26
    I hope we are not going to have the is it a cake is it a biscuit debate
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    • 6,076 Posts
    • 5,462 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I hope we are not going to have the is it a cake is it a biscuit debate
    Originally posted by helcat26
    I suppose it depends on the VAT
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jun 17, 10:32 PM
    • 25,891 Posts
    • 13,699 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Continental football fans spending the whole of every match whistling. Don't they get bored of it? It does my head in.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 11th Jun 17, 10:35 PM
    • 7,817 Posts
    • 25,689 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Pervy men.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    • 7,817 Posts
    • 25,689 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Coconut oil.
    It's just oil!! Oil that smells of coconut.
    When will this fad be over so we can go back to using butter for our cakes, vegetable oil for our chips and proper, non pore-clogging moisturisers for our skin?
    "But it's healthy"
    NO! It's just coconutty oil. Unless you're drinking pints of oil every day I seriously doubt it is going to make any difference. No one is going to live to 120 and credit their amazing lifespan to eating flapjack made with coconut oil.
    • hunters
    • By hunters 12th Jun 17, 5:52 PM
    • 470 Posts
    • 1,410 Thanks
    hunters
    Crosses coconut oil off my shopping list at Aldi for this evening
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 12th Jun 17, 6:26 PM
    • 11,973 Posts
    • 45,983 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Uh?

Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 12th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 1,514 Posts
    • 6,675 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Sturgeon, she can't see any fault with her own policies but is quick to point out the failings of other parties policies
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1681.5
    This week 64.8
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 13th Jun 17, 7:35 AM
    • 6,774 Posts
    • 14,775 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Coconut oil.
    When will this fad be over so we can go back to using butter for our cakes, vegetable oil for our chips and proper, non pore-clogging moisturisers for our skin?
    "But it's healthy"
    NO! It's just coconutty oil. Unless you're drinking pints of oil every day I seriously doubt it is going to make any difference. No one is going to live to 120 and credit their amazing lifespan to eating flapjack made with coconut oil.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    It's such a fad ATM - especially in vegan foods. I can't stomach it any more! I was never a big fan as it's too sweet and it just reminds me of Malibu or sunscreen.

Yuk yuk yuk!.

I'm not a vegan but almost everyone I know is - fair play to them but sometimes these fads are just as detrimental to the environment, and as exploitative to humans and animals, as eating meat.
    Last edited by OldMotherTucker; 13-06-2017 at 8:14 AM.
    Hell in a handcart either way.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Jun 17, 7:58 AM
    • 49,278 Posts
    • 134,781 Thanks
    colinw
    Coconut oil.
    "But it's healthy"
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I noticed Pret a Manger are doing a flat white coffee with coconut milk rather than dairy milk now. It is such a versatile thing the coconut.....
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 13th Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    • 6,782 Posts
    • 12,456 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Drivers that are too impatient. On the way home, I drive down a road which has the entrance to a large car park. This road gets busy fairly often. So yesterday, a car who was going in the opposite direction to me on this road, couldn't wait to turn right into the car park so overtook cars not noticing me and three other cars. I stopped in time to block the idiot from turning right and said, can't you see?

This is the fourth time this month where I have seen drivers do this
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 13th Jun 17, 8:14 AM
    • 27,189 Posts
    • 98,779 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I noticed Pret a Manger are doing a flat white coffee with coconut milk rather than dairy milk now. It is such a versatile thing the coconut.....
    Originally posted by colinw
    ...........yes, can be used as a missile, too, or as a horses-hooves sound effect.
    .....plus if you stick eyes and mouth on, it makes a good head substitute.
    ........plus the empty shell makes a good water receptacle and fat holder for birdies, or cups/bowls for intrepid Boy Scouts.
    .....or smashed up, use as drainage stuff for flowerpots.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 13th Jun 17, 8:21 AM
    • 6,774 Posts
    • 14,775 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    ...........yes, can be used as a missile, too, or as a horses-hooves sound effect.
    ........plus the empty shell makes a good water receptacle and fat holder for birdies, or cups/bowls for intrepid Boy Scouts.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Lol - remembering how much fun could be had with a coconut shell, making horsey sounds!
    Hell in a handcart either way.
    • hunters
    • By hunters 13th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 1,410 Thanks
    hunters
    PS I was buying the coconut oil for my daughter for her hair?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 49,278 Posts
    • 134,781 Thanks
    colinw
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I like to make a rambling horse affect with coconut shells
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 13th Jun 17, 9:55 AM
    • 6,782 Posts
    • 12,456 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I like to make a rambling horse affect with coconut shells
    Originally posted by colinw
    That didn't stop Monty Python
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Jun 17, 10:00 AM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 3,544 Thanks
    Penitent
    I'm waiting for a couple of deliveries and I've become hypersensitive to every car door bang.

Tesco keeps !!!!ing about with its own brand ranges. They've stopped doing the glorious pepperoni slice, they stopped doing their value handwash for a few weeks but now it's reappeared, they're messing around with their sushi and value fruit ranges...just stop!

I hate that their offers typically run out on a Tuesday and cheap delivery day is Wednesday, so I think I'm going to get a great offer but it runs out the day before the delivery.

Also, I'm struggling to hit the £40 minimum order now that I don't have to buy ready meals any more. Can't wait until we have a bigger freezer so I can buy more actual food and don't need to top up with junk. (Having said that, I can't stop eating at the moment so I may end up chewing my own hand off without the junk.)
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Jun 17, 10:10 AM
    • 49,278 Posts
    • 134,781 Thanks
    colinw
    I'm waiting for a couple of deliveries and I've become hypersensitive to every car door bang.

Tesco keeps !!!!ing about with its own brand ranges. They've stopped doing the glorious pepperoni slice, they stopped doing their value handwash for a few weeks but now it's reappeared, they're messing around with their sushi and value fruit ranges...just stop!

I hate that their offers typically run out on a Tuesday and cheap delivery day is Wednesday, so I think I'm going to get a great offer but it runs out the day before the delivery.

Also, I'm struggling to hit the £40 minimum order now that I don't have to buy ready meals any more. Can't wait until we have a bigger freezer so I can buy more actual food and don't need to top up with junk. (Having said that, I can't stop eating at the moment so I may end up chewing my own hand off without the junk.)
    Originally posted by Penitent
    There Young's Scampi is half price this week at £1.50, problem is the last time it was on offer I could not find any in the shops, they were just pushing their own more expensive scampi instaead.
    • hunters
    • By hunters 13th Jun 17, 7:17 PM
    • 470 Posts
    • 1,410 Thanks
    hunters
    I agree about Tesco removing their own brands from sale, roll on deodorant, crackers, black rubbish sacks, three that come to mind.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

185Posts Today

1,645Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin