Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,360Posts
    • 4,135Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 78
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Jun 17, 12:43 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Receiving an estimated water bill when there is a flamin' smart meter outside. ...and they have the gall to suggest I provide them with meter readings 1)when there's the smart meter I've undoubtedly paid for and 2)when they haven't supplied the means to open the cover.

Looks to me as if the Vorschprung has ditched the Technik.
    Originally posted by Hedgehog99
    'Audi' reckon you'd be reading the meter then?
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 10th Jun 17, 5:11 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    Why do you think she is blaming your tree? If your tree and others around are the same type, then there is no chance of her finding out which tree the leaves are coming from.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    God knows. It does get blowy but it's hardly the only one in the area that does. There's loads of the same type directly across the street in our local park. Chopping it back won't stop it losing leaves and seeds - only chopping it down will do that. I am not prepared to chop it down!

When she first knocked, I said I'd look into it and get back to her. I knocked on her door (two cars on drive and heard noise inside) and got no response. I left a note and had no response. I'm not being funny but I leave the house at 6:30am and arrive home at 7pm on weekdays so if she doesn't answer when she's clearly in, I've not got the time to be chasing her. She did bother my handyperson (repeatedly) during the day when they were doing my lawn though so it's clearly still an issue. I will speak to her about that if I get a chance because I think it's rude and uncalled for. The lady who does my gardening was quite annoyed and irritated by it.

She explained to her that her gutters were the problem and that, on top of that, in a leafy area like this, it could be any tree and that the debris from her roof will be leading to moss growth too.

I had a look at the tree in question and realised it was nowhere near her property. I also had a look at her gutters. They're in an awful state. Most of us on the road have updated from the cast iron gutters that must be decades old and had all the soffits and fascias, etc. done. Hers are disjointed and leaky in the rain. I don't think that is caused by my tree. She needs to have them properly cleaned and more than likely replaced. I think she's just looking for an excuse about her household maintenance.

Apparently, she tried to get money off the next door neighbour (the one inbetween us) for something to do with the gutters and they sent her away with a flea in her ear. I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I feel like if I do anything to my tree, she might take it as me "admitting" damage to her house and try to get money off me for something. I really don't like it.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 10th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 49,930 Posts
    • 136,565 Thanks
    colinw
    God knows. It does get blowy but it's hardly the only one in the area that does. There's loads of the same type directly across the street in our local park. Chopping it back won't stop it losing leaves and seeds - only chopping it down will do that. I am not prepared to chop it down!

When she first knocked, I said I'd look into it and get back to her. I knocked on her door (two cars on drive and heard noise inside) and got no response. I left a note and had no response. I'm not being funny but I leave the house at 6:30am and arrive home at 7pm on weekdays so if she doesn't answer when she's clearly in, I've not got the time to be chasing her. She did bother my handyperson (repeatedly) during the day when they were doing my lawn though so it's clearly still an issue. I will speak to her about that if I get a chance because I think it's rude and uncalled for. The lady who does my gardening was quite annoyed and irritated by it.

She explained to her that her gutters were the problem and that, on top of that, in a leafy area like this, it could be any tree and that the debris from her roof will be leading to moss growth too.

I had a look at the tree in question and realised it was nowhere near her property. I also had a look at her gutters. They're in an awful state. Most of us on the road have updated from the cast iron gutters that must be decades old and had all the soffits and fascias, etc. done. Hers are disjointed and leaky in the rain. I don't think that is caused by my tree. She needs to have them properly cleaned and more than likely replaced. I think she's just looking for an excuse about her household maintenance.

Apparently, she tried to get money off the next door neighbour (the one inbetween us) for something to do with the gutters and they sent her away with a flea in her ear. I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I feel like if I do anything to my tree, she might take it as me "admitting" damage to her house and try to get money off me for something. I really don't like it.
    Originally posted by Piscean1991

She sounds a bit of a nutter to be honest
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 10th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,135 Thanks
    Penitent
    Adverts on 4oD. It's the same bloody adverts every break. That "I've got my mind set on you" song makes me want to punch someone now.

Actually, there was a new one on the last break. It was for some kind of lady parts shaving cream and consisted of close-ups of several ladies' crotches while they gyrated around the screen. I'm suddenly feeling rather prudish.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 10th Jun 17, 6:14 PM
    • 7,069 Posts
    • 15,598 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Adverts on 4oD. It's the same bloody adverts every break. That "I've got my mind set on you" song makes me want to punch someone now.

Actually, there was a new one on the last break. It was for some kind of lady parts shaving cream and consisted of close-ups of several ladies' crotches while they gyrated around the screen. I'm suddenly feeling rather prudish.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I saw that one last week and it reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItJV68oYCY
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 11th Jun 17, 10:23 AM
    • 12,435 Posts
    • 47,591 Thanks
    joansgirl
    People who can't speak properly
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 11th Jun 17, 10:44 AM
    • 7,069 Posts
    • 15,598 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Uh?

Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • tibawo
    • By tibawo 11th Jun 17, 11:07 AM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 9,153 Thanks
    tibawo
    The parking on our street... normally never bothers me as we live near a school so I know never to come home at school pick up and drop of times. But two blokes are really doing my head in over their recent bickering. Both are two car families and have decided that both their cars being parked on the street as close to their house as possible is a right not a privilege. Parking was never an issue until they moved in and other neighbours still just ask nicely if you could just move your car slightly etc.

Apparently, according to one of them it is the fault of the guy in the top house daring to buy his own car and having the cheek to park it on the street as that is where the other parked his 4x4 so now has to park further down which has a knock on effect.

It irritates me as they are trying to get others involved. He even asked me to park somewhere else as his wife was due home and I'd taken the only space on the street which happened to be outside his house. I told him sure, let me just ask the guy with the white car to move his from outside my house. Oh wait, that's yours!
    2017- No clutter to be seen : my aim 33min 37 sec a week.
    My ten pound weekly challenge - weeks completed 3/52 missed target 1
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th Jun 17, 11:46 AM
    • 49,930 Posts
    • 136,565 Thanks
    colinw
    Yeah that must be really annoying
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 11th Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    • 3,330 Posts
    • 5,684 Thanks
    avogadro
    I'm suddenly feeling rather prudish.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    The current fashion (or perhaps it's only in my town?) for girls showing their buttocks by wearing very short shorts. I've seen several of them on the buses over the past few days. This was during the daytime. I don't particularly want to see someone's bottom biscuits, but short of indecent exposure laws there's little you can do to compel people to dress decently.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 11th Jun 17, 1:38 PM
    • 12,435 Posts
    • 47,591 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Yeah that must be really annoying
    Originally posted by colinw
    Yep!.........
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 11th Jun 17, 1:39 PM
    • 12,435 Posts
    • 47,591 Thanks
    joansgirl
    There's been a nasty female dog wandering round these parts.

Needs muzzling.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Jun 17, 1:49 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,135 Thanks
    Penitent
    I can sympathise with the parking woes. Parking spaces are very limited here, but some houses have two or three cars, big vans, etc. There doesn't seem to be a sense of cutting your cloth accordingly. They park on the grass verges, as close as possible to dropped kerbs...one bright spark parked in a blatantly bad spot, blocked the street and left a bus honking for several minutes. There's other streets nearby that are even worse--they'd be beggared if a fire engine needed to get down there.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th Jun 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1,925 Posts
    • 8,043 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Yoofs that seem to think it is compulsory to smash their booze bottles on the footpaths
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2411.8
    This week 73.3
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th Jun 17, 2:11 PM
    • 49,930 Posts
    • 136,565 Thanks
    colinw
    Yep!.........
    Very annoying
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Jun 17, 2:20 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,135 Thanks
    Penitent
    The feeling that everyone's speaking in code and you don't have the secret decoder ring.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Jun 17, 3:12 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,135 Thanks
    Penitent
    One of my neighbours has the loudest lawnmower I've ever heard. Every time they cut the grass, I think there's some kind of major construction happening. (So much for electric mowers being quieter!)
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 11th Jun 17, 3:40 PM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 13,051 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    People who ignore double yellow lines. The entrance to my road, double yellow lines are painted for the first 8-10m into the road plus 3-5m opposite and either side of the road. The street campaigned for these and double yellow lines on one side as it was near impossible driving down road and out of road. We got them and drivers observed them.

Now some drivers are starting to ignore them 6-9 months ago. Don't understand why they started to ignore them. Even the small second hand garage opposite has started to put a couple of their cars on the DYL - they did that years ago. Even cars parking on the corner. It's dangerous as difficult to see anything. I know the road in one direction is a dead end about 250.yards from my road. But there are about 45 homes plus a care home. So effectively 70+ cars etc drive down here.

Who do I report the garage to about parking their cars on DYL?
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 11th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 2,811 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Irritating.
    You type. "green tweed coat" into a search engine and you get pages of blazers and jackets in every colour you can imagine,
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    • 49,930 Posts
    • 136,565 Thanks
    colinw
    Not really irritated as it's not worth getting that bothered about but I find it a bit sad to see adults acting as a "mob".
    Last edited by colinw; 12-06-2017 at 8:39 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

10Posts Today

3,375Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin