Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,082Posts
    • 2,934Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 77
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 5,879 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Children that do certain things because they know it annoys you
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1493.3
    This week 76.8
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 8th Jun 17, 12:42 AM
    • 723 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Sam Fallow
    The washing machine has thrown a wobbly. I thought the kitchen was crashing in but it turns out to be the drum bearings.

Even though the bearings are available you can't separate the drum to replace them! I thought buying a John Lewis brand (a badged Zanussi) would last a bit longer than 7 years.

Oh well, time to go shopping.
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 8th Jun 17, 10:05 AM
    • 1,082 Posts
    • 2,934 Thanks
    Penitent
    I live near a polling station, so there's more cars and pedestrians going by my window than usual and I'm getting twitchy. I should close my curtains, but then I'll get paranoid about people thinking I'm lazy/still in bed/a scrounger (thank you, George Osborne).

I have a huge stack of DVDs I really want to watch (thank you, survey sites), but I'm trying to work my way through the things I want to watch on Netflix in case they're suddenly removed and New On Netflix doesn't warn me. (I recognise that this is a nice problem to have.)

The never-ending post-renovation tidying/putting things away/sorting through the stuff that piled up.

My mum's insistence on keeping things she'll never use or display. What's the point of having it if it's just going to go in the attic? How many cups and glasses do we actually need? Why would you hang on to a dozen sets of bedding when you're only going to buy a new set when the current one gets manky anyway?
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 8th Jun 17, 1:32 PM
    • 11,797 Posts
    • 45,352 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Children that do certain things because they know it annoys you
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    You mean like breathe?
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 8th Jun 17, 2:06 PM
    • 7,658 Posts
    • 24,970 Thanks
    fairy lights
    That it's hard sometimes to find a tactful way of telling someone that they're being a bit of a twut.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 8th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 1,082 Posts
    • 2,934 Thanks
    Penitent
    I'm almost caught up with Once Upon A Time. In this episode (as in many episodes) they require a magical thingy. The following exchange took place:

Blue: "It's a sapling."
    Charming: "A baby tree?"

Am I member of an audience so stupid they need someone to define "sapling" for them? I'm genuinely considering just not watching any more.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Jun 17, 6:06 PM
    • 25,819 Posts
    • 13,582 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The inevitability of today's election.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Jun 17, 7:31 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 5,879 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The inevitability of today's election.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    The waste of time and money of todays election.

My only hope is that the snp gets a bloody nose, other than that it will be as normal before the election was called.

This week 76.8
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Jun 17, 7:32 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 5,879 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    You mean like breathe?
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    That is the first thing that should be stopped.

This week 76.8
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Jun 17, 11:33 PM
    • 25,819 Posts
    • 13,582 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The waste of time and money of todays election.

My only hope is that the snp gets a bloody nose, other than that it will be as normal before the election was called.
    Scots claim to hate the Tories but by voting snp they help the Tories win. I don't like parties only standing in certain areas when it's a uk election.
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 9th Jun 17, 9:35 AM
    • 979 Posts
    • 2,527 Thanks
    helcat26
    I was irritated yesterday and it looks like it will carry on today.
    Some absolute moron - apparently called Rob- has seen fit to advertise his fiesta on We buy any car- and put my blessed mobile number on the listing.
    So I have had calls from their franchises in London, Heathrow, Reading, Slough, Uxbridge. I have tried in vain for to get the listing taking down. My only hope is that apparently he his supposed to turn up for an appointment in Reading at 10.20 this morning(you get text messages too!). If he does I have asked the manager to tell him he is an idiot.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 9th Jun 17, 10:58 AM
    • 7,658 Posts
    • 24,970 Thanks
    fairy lights
    A couple of the guys in the office have googled the DUP, spent a 5 minutes on the bbc news website, and now consider themselves legitimate political experts. They're leaning back in their chairs, saying "Well, it's like this..." and then launching in to their own personal coalition manifesto.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 9th Jun 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 5,879 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Not irritated as such, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this one

The consultant that informed me that I had an incurable disease has now told me to stop all medication that I was taking in relation to it. It's not life threatening but it does affect my life (if that makes sense).

This week 76.8
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Jun 17, 8:18 PM
    • 5,671 Posts
    • 4,725 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Not irritated as such, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this one

The consultant that informed me that I had an incurable disease has now told me to stop all medication that I was taking in relation to it. It's not life threatening but it does affect my life (if that makes sense).
    The futility and changeability of medical opinion .....
    Signed Sleazy
    The Last Of The Lounge Lizards
    Right To Reply Retained
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 9th Jun 17, 10:06 PM
    • 6,645 Posts
    • 12,158 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    The usual annoying families near me are doing karaoke - crap songs, badly and far too loud!! I have closed all windows, turned up volume on tv. Still can hear it.
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 10th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    A woman who lives on my road.

So, my house is an end-terrace. Around a whole corner, she lives in semi. And NOT even the one closest to my property. It's the one on the other side. I can't actually SEE her property from mine. Despite the fact that there is a house and a sizeable chunk of land between my land and hers and despite the fact that her garden is also surrounded by trees, MY tree is ruining her gutters.

My tree that does not even touch or hang over her property is ruining her gutters because "leaves are blowing into them". Some of those will be from her own trees. Some stuff will be debris from her roof and moss growth. She doesn't seem to accept that gutters need cleaning regularly as part of household maintenance and is claiming that my tree is to blame for her gutter issues and the damp and mould in her house as a result.

The neighbour who could potentially actually be affected by the tree has said that the tree's not a problem and they just chop it back every now and then and pop the branches in my garden for me to get rid of. No issue.

Frankly, I think this woman's being f***ing ridiculous if she thinks me getting my tree chopped back is going to solve her problems without her actually bothering to ever clean her gutters. Am I being unreasonable here or is she taking the p***?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 10th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    • 48,812 Posts
    • 133,430 Thanks
    colinw

So, my house is an end-terrace. Around a whole corner, she lives in semi. And NOT even the one closest to my property. It's the one on the other side. I can't actually SEE her property from mine. Despite the fact that there is a house and a sizeable chunk of land between my land and hers and despite the fact that her garden is also surrounded by trees, MY tree is ruining her gutters.

My tree that does not even touch or hang over her property is ruining her gutters because "leaves are blowing into them". Some of those will be from her own trees. Some stuff will be debris from her roof and moss growth. She doesn't seem to accept that gutters need cleaning regularly as part of household maintenance and is claiming that my tree is to blame for her gutter issues and the damp and mould in her house as a result.

The neighbour who could potentially actually be affected by the tree has said that the tree's not a problem and they just chop it back every now and then and pop the branches in my garden for me to get rid of. No issue.

Frankly, I think this woman's being f***ing ridiculous if she thinks me getting my tree chopped back is going to solve her problems without her actually bothering to ever clean her gutters. Am I being unreasonable here or is she taking the p***?
    Originally posted by Piscean1991
    I can see why you are irritated and I agree it is a bit ridiculous to pin point it to your tree. I agree it is just one of those things that happens and you might need to occasionally clean them.
    • Hedgehog99
    • By Hedgehog99 10th Jun 17, 11:45 AM
    • 1,178 Posts
    • 2,453 Thanks
    Hedgehog99
    Receiving an estimated water bill when there is a flamin' smart meter outside. ...and they have the gall to suggest I provide them with meter readings 1)when there's the smart meter I've undoubtedly paid for and 2)when they haven't supplied the means to open the cover.

Looks to me as if the Vorschprung has ditched the Technik.
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 10th Jun 17, 11:57 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    I can see why you are irritated and I agree it is a bit ridiculous to pin point it to your tree. I agree it is just one of those things that happens and you might need to occasionally clean them.
    Originally posted by colinw
    Thank you! Literally, from where I am sitting in my house, I can see seven trees. And none of them are mine. I feel like she's picking on my poor tree and he doesn't deserve it.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 10th Jun 17, 12:15 PM
    • 6,645 Posts
    • 12,158 Thanks
    ScarletMarble

Originally posted by Piscean1991
    Why do you think she is blaming your tree? If your tree and others around are the same type, then there is no chance of her finding out which tree the leaves are coming from.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,428Posts Today

9,512Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Emloy93: @MartinSLewis I did this! It 100% works ????????

• RT @Photo_Pete: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, I'll renew mine before my 24th in September!

• Tell any 23 yr olds... you're allowed to buy a 3 year 16-25 railcard the day before your 24th birthday then it's valid until ur almost 27 RT

• Follow Martin