Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 947Posts
    • 2,549Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 59
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 18th May 17, 9:55 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,281 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I'm cold, and the heating's just come on.
    And it's nearly the end of May.
    Heating shouldn't still be coming on.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I have been the other way since I threw the quilt off at about 2am this morning, really feeling hot all day, even wishing that I had worn my shorts when out walking at lunchtime.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1226.3
    This week 77.42
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th May 17, 8:14 AM
    • 947 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    Penitent
    Edit. Right, I've now read it for the fourth time, and I see what you mean!

I'd have given myself salmonella poisoning!

Confusing all round.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I feel a little less crappy about not realising when I bought it now.

I actually dreamt about trying to cook the sodding thing last night!
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 19th May 17, 9:17 AM
    • 21,501 Posts
    • 54,810 Thanks
    pollypenny
    What's up with it Polly? I bodge my way through that at work!
    Originally posted by colinw

Needed new password, used recovery email. Ok, new password - 'not recognised'.

Try again, 6 letters 4 numbers - 'passwords must be at least 10 digits'.

Long story short, the first one was accepted - but still not working!

Waiting for our IT fairy to be available.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 19th May 17, 10:24 AM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 3,572 Thanks
    Izadora
    So very many things...

The fact that the boot of the car was open this morning (my OH probably managed to catch the button as he was putting the keys in his pocket last night) and someone's taken my overnight bag out of it. If they were expecting a nice new outfit from Collectif they'll get a bit of a shock when they realise that it's actually just my dirty washing from when we stayed at my parents' on Wednesday night. I know that it could've been a lot worse (my OH's rather expensive socket set was in the boot too and is still there) but I'm really upset and annoyed about it. It was one of my favourite sets of underwear

My lack of self-control, which means I have a stinking hangover today.

Tiredness. I was tired before having a late night last night so now feel like the living dead.

Hormones. At the moment it's very much 50/50 as to whether I'm going to scream at someone or burst into tears.

Not having lost as much weight as I wanted to (see aforementioned lack of self-control) which means that a lot of my lovely holiday clothes are a bit too tight and I've only got 10 days until we go away.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th May 17, 11:52 AM
    • 947 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    Penitent
    Had to make a complaint to TSB about not being able to close my account online as there is no other way to contact them via email. Asked for a response via email due to having trouble talking to people at the moment due to mental health issues. They responded by email (so far so good). I responded to their email. Part of my response was a reminder that suggesting I go into branch wasn't really helpful due to the problems I told them about. They then called me. I had to tell them I couldn't talk to them, so now they're going to send a letter. Why couldn't they just email me again? Now I just want to cry or hide under my bed. Why can't they pay attention to what people tell them?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th May 17, 11:56 AM
    • 48,316 Posts
    • 132,275 Thanks
    colinw
    Needed new password, used recovery email. Ok, new password - 'not recognised'.

Try again, 6 letters 4 numbers - 'passwords must be at least 10 digits'.

Long story short, the first one was accepted - but still not working!

Waiting for our IT fairy to be available.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    OK my method for this is the following

Swear at the computer in a loud voice and say "Yes it !!!!!!! that"

Then type the same password in again but in a more angry fashion hitting the keys a bit harder while muttering obscenities like Mutely under the breath....

Give up and go get a cuppa
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th May 17, 12:24 PM
    • 947 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    Penitent

Then type the same password in again but in a more angry fashion hitting the keys a bit harder while muttering obscenities like Mutely under the breath....

Give up and go get a cuppa
    This is the method I use for password issues too. I can't say it's terribly effective, but it makes me feel a little better.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th May 17, 12:27 PM
    • 25,980 Posts
    • 93,591 Thanks
    Pyxis

Or alternatively, the Pyxis method.......

1) As per the Colin method down to the ............

2) Retype the password very slowly, checking each letter before it gets dotted out.

If that doesn't work......
    3) Click on the 'Forgotten your password?' button, and type in the same one as your MSE login.

4) Then go and have a stiff gin, whilst muttering, "Strewth! Give me strength! Bloody stupid passwords! I'm sick of them" and similar comments.

5) Then have another stiff gin, and login to MSE, heading straight for the "What's irritating you?" thread.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..

X ~O
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 19th May 17, 2:55 PM
    • 947 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    Penitent
    The phrase "go legal". I don't know why, but it winds me up.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 3:08 PM
    • 6,460 Posts
    • 11,823 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I also find it irritating with some websites. When you reset a password, it gets rejected as it is either the same or very similar. So you remember Snuggles1 so change it to Snuggles2 - it refuses it.

Then go and spend ages on thinking and remembering a totally new password.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th May 17, 3:18 PM
    • 48,316 Posts
    • 132,275 Thanks
    colinw
    Politicians who scurry out their Westminster lair when there is an election coming up and promise you the World for four weeks to cling on to their grubby little power, proclaiming to stand up for the common working man....before scurrying back to their insular palace once the election is over.....
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th May 17, 4:26 PM
    • 25,980 Posts
    • 93,591 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Politicians who scurry out their Westminster lair when there is an election coming up and promise you the World for four weeks to cling on to their grubby little power, proclaiming to stand up for the common working man....before scurrying back to their insular palace once the election is over.....
    ........ and then reneging on their manifesto promises.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..

X ~O
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 19th May 17, 5:20 PM
    • 6,151 Posts
    • 7,535 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    People that sound their horns in traffic jams.
    It doesn't help - then everyone copies.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 19th May 17, 5:47 PM
    • 21,501 Posts
    • 54,810 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Success with gmail at last. Not a coincidence that we've had a new router. The engineer took one look and said it was the cause of all our problems, albeit very recent, and replaced it.

Must be more powerful as everything in full gear and a better picture on the TT television.

But ........... when we got home and checked for message, damn landline wasn't working!

Got it sorted. When I asked the adviser to ring me on it, as a test, she asked if I 'know the number of by heart'!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 6:12 PM
    • 6,460 Posts
    • 11,823 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    That Tuesday seems ages away - the earliest I can get x-ray results and based on those, whatever is required.

Though its my day off today, rang in sick so my supervisors got extra time to ring around colleagues or ask those who are in today to change their hours. if need be.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th May 17, 6:18 PM
    • 11,647 Posts
    • 44,888 Thanks
    joansgirl
    It was forecast for persistent rain all day today but the forecast was wrong and it was a nice day.....until I stepped out the door to walk the dog. It rained. It rained a lot. We're soaked
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 19th May 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,281 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Sky adverts on every channel at every ad break

I realise that they are putting money into other companies pockets but there can't be many people left in the country that have not heard of them. If people wanted to pay for their crap instead of the crap the rest of us get for free then they would have signed up by now.

This week 77.42
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 19th May 17, 8:23 PM
    • 414 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    So much rain.

I want to return a library book and it's raining. Mind you, it's 12 years overdue as it is so I suppose a couple of days won't make a difference.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 19th May 17, 8:26 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,281 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Talking of adverts, the Macdonalds ad for the South Carolina Stack uses this image of a woman made up to look like Dolly Parton, do they not know that she is from Tennessee?

This week 77.42
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 8:53 PM
    • 6,460 Posts
    • 11,823 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Talking of adverts, the Macdonalds ad for the South Carolina Stack uses this image of a woman made up to look like Dolly Parton, do they not know that she is from Tennessee?

Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    The burger second half of June is a Tennessee Stack!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

23Posts Today

3,377Users online

Martin's Twitter