Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,241Posts
    • 3,669Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 59
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 3:08 PM
    • 6,805 Posts
    • 12,494 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I also find it irritating with some websites. When you reset a password, it gets rejected as it is either the same or very similar. So you remember Snuggles1 so change it to Snuggles2 - it refuses it.

Then go and spend ages on thinking and remembering a totally new password.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th May 17, 3:18 PM
    • 49,361 Posts
    • 134,983 Thanks
    colinw
    Politicians who scurry out their Westminster lair when there is an election coming up and promise you the World for four weeks to cling on to their grubby little power, proclaiming to stand up for the common working man....before scurrying back to their insular palace once the election is over.....
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th May 17, 4:26 PM
    • 27,319 Posts
    • 99,205 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Politicians who scurry out their Westminster lair when there is an election coming up and promise you the World for four weeks to cling on to their grubby little power, proclaiming to stand up for the common working man....before scurrying back to their insular palace once the election is over.....
    Originally posted by colinw
    ........ and then reneging on their manifesto promises.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 19th May 17, 5:20 PM
    • 7,894 Posts
    • 9,809 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    People that sound their horns in traffic jams.
    It doesn't help - then everyone copies.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 19th May 17, 5:47 PM
    • 21,890 Posts
    • 55,888 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Success with gmail at last. Not a coincidence that we've had a new router. The engineer took one look and said it was the cause of all our problems, albeit very recent, and replaced it.

Must be more powerful as everything in full gear and a better picture on the TT television.

But ........... when we got home and checked for message, damn landline wasn't working!

Got it sorted. When I asked the adviser to ring me on it, as a test, she asked if I 'know the number of by heart'!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 6:12 PM
    • 6,805 Posts
    • 12,494 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    That Tuesday seems ages away - the earliest I can get x-ray results and based on those, whatever is required.

Though its my day off today, rang in sick so my supervisors got extra time to ring around colleagues or ask those who are in today to change their hours. if need be.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th May 17, 6:18 PM
    • 11,991 Posts
    • 46,040 Thanks
    joansgirl
    It was forecast for persistent rain all day today but the forecast was wrong and it was a nice day.....until I stepped out the door to walk the dog. It rained. It rained a lot. We're soaked
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 19th May 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 6,764 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Sky adverts on every channel at every ad break

I realise that they are putting money into other companies pockets but there can't be many people left in the country that have not heard of them. If people wanted to pay for their crap instead of the crap the rest of us get for free then they would have signed up by now.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1751.1
    This week 69.6
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 19th May 17, 8:23 PM
    • 443 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    So much rain.

I want to return a library book and it's raining. Mind you, it's 12 years overdue as it is so I suppose a couple of days won't make a difference.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 19th May 17, 8:26 PM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 6,764 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Talking of adverts, the Macdonalds ad for the South Carolina Stack uses this image of a woman made up to look like Dolly Parton, do they not know that she is from Tennessee?

Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1751.1
    This week 69.6
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 8:53 PM
    • 6,805 Posts
    • 12,494 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Talking of adverts, the Macdonalds ad for the South Carolina Stack uses this image of a woman made up to look like Dolly Parton, do they not know that she is from Tennessee?

Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    The burger second half of June is a Tennessee Stack!
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 19th May 17, 9:02 PM
    • 7,894 Posts
    • 9,809 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Waiting for a certain time
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 10:14 PM
    • 6,805 Posts
    • 12,494 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    A spot has formed on my upper cheek where the bottom of my glasses sit
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 20th May 17, 8:54 AM
    • 21,890 Posts
    • 55,888 Thanks
    pollypenny
    A spot has formed on my upper cheek where the bottom of my glasses sit
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble

Oooh! Awkward!

I'm fed up with hearing about a certain wedding. Who bl***y cares?
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Meg x
    • By Meg x 20th May 17, 9:31 AM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 1,636 Thanks
    Meg x
    Pictures and gifs on nearly every damn thread...slows my laptop down as I'm trying to scroll past them!
    ''Embrace the glorious mess that you are''

Elizabeth Gilbert

''The world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust''
    J.M. Barrie
    • dontone
    • By dontone 20th May 17, 9:32 AM
    • 3,632 Posts
    • 10,380 Thanks
    dontone
    This morning's 'Dontone's irritations'

Getting emithers/seeing headlines about the following subjects -

Pippa Thingy's wedding

Cheryl Thingy's relationship/sprog/anything else remotely uninteresting about her, but needs to be reported.

That Stephanie woman and that lad with the tattoos that keep breaking up/getting back together.

I can't be the only one who really doesn't give a to$$ about these people. So why do the tabloids think that we want to know how much a toff's wedding is going to cost, or what daft name a celeb has given their baby?

Or in other words............... WHO CARES?!?!?!?

That's it for this morning Carry on.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 20th May 17, 9:37 AM
    • 2,393 Posts
    • 2,251 Thanks
    cjdavies
    I have an under counter fridge and freezer.

Fridge - always mostly empty

Freezer - always mostly full

So thought can I just replace the fridge with a under counter fridge/freezer but more storage freezer wise.

Can I find one? No

Can I buy another freezer? No, kitchen is too small and I have no shed/garage.
    • hunters
    • By hunters 20th May 17, 10:39 AM
    • 486 Posts
    • 1,447 Thanks
    hunters
    Pictures and gifs on nearly every damn thread...slows my laptop down as I'm trying to scroll past them!
    Originally posted by Meg x
    Word game threads with words now replaced with pictures or gifs.

What bit of three word game/change one word/your day in three words don't people understand?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 20th May 17, 11:10 AM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 3,669 Thanks
    Penitent
    I have an under counter fridge and freezer.

Fridge - always mostly empty

Freezer - always mostly full

So thought can I just replace the fridge with a under counter fridge/freezer but more storage freezer wise.

Can I find one? No

Can I buy another freezer? No, kitchen is too small and I have no shed/garage.
    Originally posted by cjdavies
    I've spent years sporadically searching for a fridge-freezer with a little fridge and a big freezer (we use loads of frozen food, but hardly any fresh). Can't find one. There's loads of big fridge/little freezer ones, though. I just can't imagine having that much fresh stuff. Unless you have a family of 8, half of it would go off before you could eat it.

If ever manage to move out, I think I'll end up with a tall freezer and a counter-top fridge.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 20th May 17, 11:23 AM
    • 49,361 Posts
    • 134,983 Thanks
    colinw
    Originally posted by Meg x
    It's is a complete pain in the butt and is happening on more and more threads
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,563Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin