Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,241Posts
    • 3,669Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 57
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 18th May 17, 9:51 AM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,621 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    Its on just one leg (on the bone) and the pain doesn't subside when resting now. Another night I was awake with pain. SS are usually on both and flare up when doing the activities that aggravate them . I think the work shoes which I wear and we are not allowed to wear different ones don't help. I love to wear insoles, but in the winter, need to wear two pairs of socks as its freezing. Two pairs and insoles are too tight. Next size up in the shoes are like boats! Then my work's floor is tiles similar to this

I did see a podiatrist aged up to 12 as got flat feet and walked at a way that the outer edges of the heel of shoes wore out fast. The insoles were made from rigid plastic which were about half the length of my feet. I got blisters where the insoles ended in the middle of my feet. Plus useless in hot weather - when we had it!
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble

Shin splints can be in just one leg. Also the pain doesn't always go when at rest, it can take weeks for the pain to go. Being flat footed is a known cause of shin splints, and I don't want to be rude, but I'm certain I've seen you post about being on a diet, being over weight doesn't help

A podiatrist may well be able to help you a lot more. Things have moved on since you were 12, new materials have been developed. My dad was near crippled with back ache, caused by a shift in gait due to the weight of the gear he carried as a police officer( battery pack, truncheon etc) . A slight raise in one shoe sorted him

When you are resting, try an ice pack, a bag of frozen peas along the shin
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 18th May 17, 9:59 AM
    • 7,581 Posts
    • 30,632 Thanks
    Flick216
    What's a Twizzler?

Isn't that something made by Bernard Matthews and banned from school canteens?
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    These?

Originally posted by Penitent
    If that's them, then yes you deserve to feel sick

They look disgusting
    Yes - those - except they were all different flavours. They are divine and I get a massive craving for them every so often.

I couldn't even have any dinner last night. But it does serve me right!!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 18th May 17, 10:06 AM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,621 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    Yes - those - except they were all different flavours. They are divine and I get a massive craving for them every so often.

I couldn't even have any dinner last night. But it does serve me right!!
    Originally posted by Flick216

And it's it any wonder I thought you were younger then you are?
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 18th May 17, 10:31 AM
    • 7,581 Posts
    • 30,632 Thanks
    Flick216
    And it's it any wonder I thought you were younger then you are?
    I never claimed to act my age
    ENFP - Assertive

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 10:34 AM
    • 27,319 Posts
    • 99,205 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Nah! Just yer shoe size!

And why not?

Go girl!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 18th May 17, 11:11 AM
    • 7,836 Posts
    • 25,806 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I went on the Daily Fail website to have a hate read, and I swear it's gotten even worse. I used to be able to spend a while reading braindead celebrity articles and finding out about all the new things that give you cancer, but I just can't enjoy it any more. It's like they've turned the vitriol dial up to 100. They might as well just live stream a puppy being kicked in the face and be done with it.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 18th May 17, 11:36 AM
    • 6,805 Posts
    • 12,494 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Shin splints can be in just one leg. Also the pain doesn't always go when at rest, it can take weeks for the pain to go. Being flat footed is a known cause of shin splints, and I don't want to be rude, but I'm certain I've seen you post about being on a diet, being over weight doesn't help

A podiatrist may well be able to help you a lot more. Things have moved on since you were 12, new materials have been developed. My dad was near crippled with back ache, caused by a shift in gait due to the weight of the gear he carried as a police officer( battery pack, truncheon etc) . A slight raise in one shoe sorted him

When you are resting, try an ice pack, a bag of frozen peas along the shin
    I need to lose another 2 stone. Now pain radiates from side to side in an area size of a playing card.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 18th May 17, 12:08 PM
    • 1,300 Posts
    • 3,728 Thanks
    Izadora
    I've drunk so much coffee today that I've given myself the jitters and I'm still struggling to stay awake.
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 18th May 17, 12:54 PM
    • 8,641 Posts
    • 18,697 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    Age is just a number.

And numbers are there to be manipulated.
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 18th May 17, 1:12 PM
    • 7,581 Posts
    • 30,632 Thanks
    Flick216
    Age is just a number.

And numbers are there to be manipulated.
    Originally posted by Mandelbrot
    And I am a Finance Director

Son number 2 annoyed me yesterday. I left work early to go and pick him up from home with a load of rubbish for the tip - I wanted to get there before it closed. On the way he let me know we had run out of dishwasher tablets. I had previously bought a huge box of the from JTF which lasted over a year. I said we could pop to the Co-op on the way back and get some more. I mentioned that I was happy they had gone because they were unwrappy ones - which annoyed me intensely (irrational I know). So we go to the tip, go to the Co-op-, he runs in to get coke and dishwasher tablets - COMES BACK WITH UNWRAPPY ONES!

Seriously - did we not just discuss how much they annoyed me? I have actually washed the dishes by hand rather than unwrap a tablet!

Do I win the "Most First World Problem Ever" prize?
    ENFP - Assertive

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 1:27 PM
    • 27,319 Posts
    • 99,205 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Unwrappy ones?

What brand are they?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 18th May 17, 1:37 PM
    • 7,836 Posts
    • 25,806 Thanks
    fairy lights
    "Your order has been despatched" Yay!
    ..."Via Hermes" Well that's a load of online shopping I won't be seeing anytime soon then. Might as well have strapped the parcel to the back of a senile badger and sent it off in to the world.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th May 17, 1:46 PM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 3,669 Thanks
    Penitent
    "Your order has been despatched" Yay!
    ..."Via Hermes" Well that's a load of online shopping I won't be seeing anytime soon then. Might as well have strapped the parcel to the back of a senile badger and sent it off in to the world.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    They're awful. I ordered some clothes and a duvet from Matalan. The clothes were in one packet, the duvet in another, dispatched at exactly the same time. The clothes came reasonably quickly, but the duvet ended up being routed to the wrong depot and took 2-3 days longer. How does that even happen?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th May 17, 1:54 PM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 3,669 Thanks
    Penitent
    TSB doesn't let you close bank accounts online (or if it does, they hide it well). Lloyds does, though. I feel like they should have the same functionality since they're basically the same bank.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 18th May 17, 2:01 PM
    • 7,836 Posts
    • 25,806 Thanks
    fairy lights
    They're awful. I ordered some clothes and a duvet from Matalan. The clothes were in one packet, the duvet in another, dispatched at exactly the same time. The clothes came reasonably quickly, but the duvet ended up being routed to the wrong depot and took 2-3 days longer. How does that even happen?
    The last time I had something delivered by Hermes it took the courier TWO WEEKS to manage to find my house. I live on an easily accessible, well sign posted terrace of houses so how in the hell he couldn't find it I will never understand. I'd ordered a dress for a particular occasion and by the time it finally arrived the event had passed, and I posted it straight back (via royal mail, of course )
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th May 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 3,669 Thanks
    Penitent
    This and this. People are awful.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 18th May 17, 2:53 PM
    • 21,890 Posts
    • 55,888 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Going round in circles trying to get OH's gmail to work!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th May 17, 2:56 PM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 3,669 Thanks
    Penitent
    I just discovered that I've accidentally bought the most awkward ready meal in existance (I don't need free from stuff, I had a voucher). Part of it needs to be cooked in the oven, part of it needs to be done in the microwave. That's what I get for not reading the instructions carefully--I just saw microwave instructions and thought it was microwaveable.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 18th May 17, 3:16 PM
    • 49,361 Posts
    • 134,983 Thanks
    colinw
    Going round in circles trying to get OH's gmail to work!
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    What's up with it Polly? I bodge my way through that at work!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 4:03 PM
    • 27,319 Posts
    • 99,205 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I just discovered that I've accidentally bought the most awkward ready meal in existance (I don't need free from stuff, I had a voucher). Part of it needs to be cooked in the oven, part of it needs to be done in the microwave. That's what I get for not reading the instructions carefully--I just saw microwave instructions and thought it was microwaveable.
    You can do all of it in the microwave, though.

It's only if you are using the oven to cook the main part, that you need to heat the sauce in the microwave.
    If you want to use the oven, you could always just pour the sauce over it, in the oven, 5 mins before end of cooking time, etc.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,563Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin