Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,100Posts
    • 2,994Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 56
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th May 17, 5:16 PM
    • 26,548 Posts
    • 96,316 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Either a toffee sweet or a poisonous, tortured turkey horror made by Bernard Matthews.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 17th May 17, 5:19 PM
    • 25,822 Posts
    • 13,587 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Workmen did not turn up.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 5:56 PM
    • 1,100 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    Penitent
    What's a Twizzler?

Isn't that something made by Bernard Matthews and banned from school canteens?
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    These?

• colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 6:08 PM
    • 48,843 Posts
    • 133,509 Thanks
    colinw
    My bus journey home....

First off I had a choice of two buses and for some reason my dumb brain chose the more expensive option. Then after seeing the cheaper option leaving the depot immediately I sat for another 10 minutes waiting for the bus to move....last person gets on and guess what? On a non full bus he decides to plonk himself next to yours truly, he also decides he needs two thirds of the seat assuming he must be some sort of giant I check and no this is no giant, you would have no need to sell your cow at market, buy some magic beans and grow a bean stalk to visit him. Anyway then the traffic decided to be hyper slow and busy as well just to rub it in. I sat there squashed up against the window with a face like Grumpy Cat thinking in my head "no it's fine I don't mind sitting on the window sill you just take the seat".....
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 17th May 17, 6:30 PM
    • 11,804 Posts
    • 45,363 Thanks
    joansgirl
    My bus journey home....

First off I had a choice of two buses and for some reason my dumb brain chose the more expensive option. Then after seeing the cheaper option leaving the depot immediately I sat for another 10 minutes waiting for the bus to move....last person gets on and guess what? On a non full bus he decides to plonk himself next to yours truly, he also decides he needs two thirds of the seat assuming he must be some sort of giant I check and no this is no giant, you would have no need to sell your cow at market, buy some magic beans and grow a bean stalk to visit him. Anyway then the traffic decided to be hyper slow and busy as well just to rub it in. I sat there squashed up against the window with a face like Grumpy Cat thinking in my head "no it's fine I don't mind sitting on the window sill you just take the seat".....
    Originally posted by colinw
    Awwwwww

Glad to see you made it home anyway

My irritation....I don't want to moan about the rain....but I'm going to.
    I don't mind the rain but when it's warm as well and you have to wear a coat it's a pain. Plus me wellies really make my feet hurt so I decided to walk round the lake as it's hard paths and I thought I'd get away with trainers. Wrong. Massive path-wide puddles
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 7:00 PM
    • 1,100 Posts
    • 2,994 Thanks
    Penitent
    The pre-cut salad I like has now been put in a resealable bag. What's the point of that? It goes brown approximately 10 minutes after you open the bag, so if you try to save it for tomorrow it'll be minging.
    Last edited by Penitent; 17-05-2017 at 7:04 PM.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th May 17, 7:13 PM
    • 6,909 Posts
    • 8,332 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Not exactly. I sometimes get it into my head that if I don't eat everything now someone will steal it or it'll go off, so I have to eat it all while I have the chance. It's one of my more annoying compulsions. It's worse on the days when my food's delivered and I suddenly have all this food in front of me.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I can understand that.
    Now I think a lot of people have different thoughts on things.
    I cannot enter a crowded shop, I think all the people will take all the oxygen, Same with crowds.
    I am terrible with escalators, I just cannot use one if anyone else is near me. Not a good thing in many places that I have to go.
    So we are all different.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 7:51 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,598 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    These?

If that's them, then yes you deserve to feel sick

They look disgusting
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 7:53 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,598 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    The pre-cut salad I like has now been put in a resealable bag. What's the point of that? It goes brown approximately 10 minutes after you open the bag, so if you try to save it for tomorrow it'll be minging.

Why buy salad bags?

Full of germs

Just as likely to get food poisoning from one those as you are reheated rice
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 8:15 PM
    • 48,843 Posts
    • 133,509 Thanks
    colinw
    Someone on the Estate has put a sign up to say they are something to do with architecture I think my irritation is just envy as I never amounted to anything.....
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th May 17, 8:20 PM
    • 26,548 Posts
    • 96,316 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Someone on the Estate has put a sign up to say they are something to do with architecture I think my irritation is just envy as I never amounted to anything.....
    Don't worry, Coley, they might just be good at Lego?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 8:22 PM
    • 48,843 Posts
    • 133,509 Thanks
    colinw
    Don't worry, Coley, they might just be good at Lego?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I dunno it sounded impressive and it was red
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th May 17, 8:43 PM
    • 26,548 Posts
    • 96,316 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I dunno it sounded impressive and it was red

Apart from the American spelling, this is quite funny!

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th May 17, 8:55 PM
    • 6,649 Posts
    • 12,181 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    No better. Had to smile through gritted teeth at work as all I wanted to do was cry
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 17th May 17, 10:03 PM
    • 6,676 Posts
    • 14,397 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    No better. Had to smile through gritted teeth at work as all I wanted to do was cry
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    That sucks! Have you not got any good painkillers?
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th May 17, 10:26 PM
    • 6,649 Posts
    • 12,181 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    That sucks! Have you not got any good painkillers?
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    On Naproxen.
    Seriously thinking about ringing GPs on tomorrow or Friday as my GP yesterday said if I changed my mind about being signed off work to ring them. Then note will be signed by him for Dad to pick up to drop into my work Then work have reasonable time to ask a colleague or two to adjust their hours.

Then if I do get disciplinary, my union rep will help me as the S&D bug I had in early June, we are told to stay away from work and in no circumstance, to think about going to work. Plus about seven others had the bug and a primary school closed for a day - a Friday as many kids had it.

I will be irritated and annoyed if the x-ray comes back normal. So what is causing me to have this pain???
    Last edited by ScarletMarble; 17-05-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 17th May 17, 10:39 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,816 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    Comes home covered in mud and climbs onto the freshly made bed and gives me that "what?" Look.

Cats you gotta love em.
    And to top it I've just thrown up all over my pillow. Urgh.
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 11:39 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,598 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    On Naproxen.
    Seriously thinking about ringing GPs on tomorrow or Friday as my GP yesterday said if I changed my mind about being signed off work to ring them. Then note will be signed by him for Dad to pick up to drop into my work Then work have reasonable time to ask a colleague or two to adjust their hours.

Then if I do get disciplinary, my union rep will help me as the S&D bug I had in early June, we are told to stay away from work and in no circumstance, to think about going to work. Plus about seven others had the bug and a primary school closed for a day - a Friday as many kids had it.

I will be irritated and annoyed if the x-ray comes back normal. So what is causing me to have this pain???
    Could be shin splints

You are on your feet all day, your gait could be askew. It's not just athletes that get it

Wizard of Id suggested earlier in the thread to see a podiatrist
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 5:31 AM
    • 26,548 Posts
    • 96,316 Thanks
    Pyxis
    On Naproxen.

If it's a soft tissue problem, it won't necessarily show up on X-ray.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 18th May 17, 9:14 AM
    • 6,649 Posts
    • 12,181 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Could be shin splints

You are on your feet all day, your gait could be askew. It's not just athletes that get it

Wizard of Id suggested earlier in the thread to see a podiatrist
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    Its on just one leg (on the bone) and the pain doesn't subside when resting now. Another night I was awake with pain. SS are usually on both and flare up when doing the activities that aggravate them . I think the work shoes which I wear and we are not allowed to wear different ones don't help. I love to wear insoles, but in the winter, need to wear two pairs of socks as its freezing. Two pairs and insoles are too tight. Next size up in the shoes are like boats! Then my work's floor is tiles similar to this and other shops have this type of flooring which, we believe are kinder to feet.

I did see a podiatrist aged up to 12 as got flat feet and walked at a way that the outer edges of the heel of shoes wore out fast. The insoles were made from rigid plastic which were about half the length of my feet. I got blisters where the insoles ended in the middle of my feet. Plus useless in hot weather - when we had it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,050Posts Today

7,563Users online

Martin's Twitter