Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 942Posts
    • 2,538Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 55
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 17th May 17, 6:37 AM
    • 3,913 Posts
    • 7,998 Thanks
    uberalles
    Posters using AE's with the subtlety of a Bull in a China shop to say things they will not say as themselves
    Originally posted by colinw
    People on this board, on this thread, using AEs............? No, I'm not having it!!!
    He's Mad! Madder than a mad thing whose sole intent is to make you think he is mad. If you doubt him he will just laugh & you will think , 'you know what, I think he's mad!'..
    He knows there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    One love.....Millwall, England, Rangers, Germany ....and you.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 9:29 AM
    • 48,316 Posts
    • 132,270 Thanks
    colinw
    People on this board, on this thread, using AEs............? No, I'm not having it!!!
    Originally posted by uberalles
    I know as if
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th May 17, 9:32 AM
    • 7,490 Posts
    • 24,285 Thanks
    fairy lights
    1. I stepped in a puddle on my way in to work and now I've got a wet foot.
    2. I've got Cascada's 'Evacuate the Dancefloor' stuck in my head. I'm infected by the sound, as it were.
    3. I've just noticed I've got toothpaste on my top.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 9:36 AM
    • 48,316 Posts
    • 132,270 Thanks
    colinw
    2. I've got Cascada's 'Evacuate the Dancefloor' stuck in my head. I'm infected by the sound, as it were.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    You don't realise yet but

4. You stepped in some dog !!!! on the way to work as well
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 9:46 AM
    • 586 Posts
    • 1,571 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    Well at least you remembered to brush your teeth

Sing happy birthday to yourself, it clears ear worms
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th May 17, 11:18 AM
    • 25,953 Posts
    • 93,512 Thanks
    Pyxis
    That despite being a relatively virtuous civil servant, I'm not in purdah but in a "sensitive pre-election period".

Other than being wryly amused that finally the chaps get a period too, I am a tad miffed we're not using the old possibly politically incorrect but eminently well-understood term.

Oh aye & the blokes are looking distinctly We Are Not Amused at the entire period idea.
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    What's wrong with purdah? It's a word in our vocabulary like many others of Arabic/Asian origin.

In English, it no longer means the segregation of women, but has come to mean a general segregation of specific people or individuals.

Its ultra-original meaning was 'curtain'.

Damn, I thought it was Privates Message. Boy, have I been sending the wrong kind of message.
    Originally posted by Penitent

A very underhand message!

Reading about ancient Egypt and the writers refusing to accept it's on the continent of Africa. Always calling it the Middle East because it's north of the Sahara, drives me mad. It's in Africa, accept it and stop saying it was founded by aliens because it's too impossible to believe that. So called "primitive" people built the pyramids when there are ancient pyramids all over the globe.
    Originally posted by bushbaby1103
    Don't worry; when the East African Rift finally splits, Africa will float away from the Middle East!
    Last edited by Pyxis; 17-05-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..

X ~O
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 11:48 AM
    • 48,316 Posts
    • 132,270 Thanks
    colinw
    This interview with Philip Hammond really really annoys me for some reason and shows how out of touch they are with the real World and how instead of answering questions they just throw lots of meaningless figures in the air...

https://www.facebook.com/bbc5live/videos/10155390706526108/
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 17th May 17, 11:50 AM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 3,567 Thanks
    Izadora
    Lack of work.
    My job is dull enough at the best of times but when I have no work coming in it makes getting to the end of the day a hideous endurance test.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 12:19 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    Penitent
    This interview with Philip Hammond really really annoys me for some reason and shows how out of touch they are with the real World and how instead of answering questions they just throw lots of meaningless figures in the air...

https://www.facebook.com/bbc5live/videos/10155390706526108/
    (W)hol(l)y failing-to-answer-the-question, Batman! I particularly enjoyed his comment about the dignity of work. Looks like in addition to being a scrounger and a faker I'm also now unworthy of respect.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 12:29 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    Penitent
    I'm finding street dancing very irritating lately. Some folk can do some very impressive things, but I find the body-popping and the skipping about bits a bit annoying and the whole "dance battle" thing is really getting on my tits.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 1:53 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    Penitent
    I know that I shouldn't eat 5 doughnuts because it will make me feel sick and bloated. I ate 5 doughnuts. I feel sick and bloated. I need supervision.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th May 17, 1:57 PM
    • 6,128 Posts
    • 7,494 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I know that I shouldn't eat 5 doughnuts because it will make me feel sick and bloated. I ate 5 doughnuts. I feel sick and bloated. I need supervision.
    What? Five really, jam ones? Are you comfort eating?

I am irritated by this rain. I should go shopping, but I don't want a bad hair day.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th May 17, 2:15 PM
    • 7,490 Posts
    • 24,285 Thanks
    fairy lights
    You don't realise yet but

4. You stepped in some dog !!!! on the way to work as well
    It was very muddy puddle water so I fear dog poo is a foregone conclusion.
    And now thanks to some careless fork work I've managed to get pesto on my trousers. At least I smell nice now.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th May 17, 2:16 PM
    • 7,490 Posts
    • 24,285 Thanks
    fairy lights
    If it makes you feel any better, my record is 15.
    Not all at once of course, they were spread out over a day. I'm not an animal.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 17th May 17, 2:23 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 3,567 Thanks
    Izadora
    Thank you, you're both making me feel much better about my ability to eat stupendous amounts of cake. Well, my inability to stop eating even after I know I've had more than enough really...
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 2:27 PM
    • 586 Posts
    • 1,571 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper

I was once told a glass of red wine had the equivalent calories to a doughnut

I now no longer eat doughnuts and just stick to the red wine

I never feel sick or bloated with five
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 2:28 PM
    • 48,316 Posts
    • 132,270 Thanks
    colinw
    Even Homer would not eat 15 in a day
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 17th May 17, 2:35 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 5,262 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I completely forgot that Virgin were doing work in my area today and that my broadband would be down

I realised how little I use the computer when I don't have an internet connection
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1148.9
    This week 69.9
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 17th May 17, 2:38 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 5,262 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Shin causing me grief and severe pain - gone worse past couple of days. Hardly slept last night, Went docs at 7:35am to queue outside. Referred me for an X-ray which I did this morning. Got to wait a WHOLE WEEK - which is going to be the longest week ever. Still got 8 hours of work when infact I just want to cry or sleep.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Ask your GP to refer you to a podiatrist, it could be an orthotic insole for your shoe could solve your problem, I know it did for me.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1148.9
    This week 69.9
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 2:46 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    Penitent
    They were spread over about 4 hours. Back before my IBS kicked in, I could have done it in one sitting, along with a load more stuff. It sounds like one of those weird health stories ("I cured my binge-eating with IBS!").

What? Five really, jam ones? Are you comfort eating?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Not exactly. I sometimes get it into my head that if I don't eat everything now someone will steal it or it'll go off, so I have to eat it all while I have the chance. It's one of my more annoying compulsions. It's worse on the days when my food's delivered and I suddenly have all this food in front of me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,899Posts Today

4,386Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin