Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,594Posts
    • 4,721Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 55
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 12:29 PM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 4,721 Thanks
    Penitent
    I'm finding street dancing very irritating lately. Some folk can do some very impressive things, but I find the body-popping and the skipping about bits a bit annoying and the whole "dance battle" thing is really getting on my tits.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 1:53 PM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 4,721 Thanks
    Penitent
    I know that I shouldn't eat 5 doughnuts because it will make me feel sick and bloated. I ate 5 doughnuts. I feel sick and bloated. I need supervision.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th May 17, 1:57 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,695 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I know that I shouldn't eat 5 doughnuts because it will make me feel sick and bloated. I ate 5 doughnuts. I feel sick and bloated. I need supervision.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    What? Five really, jam ones? Are you comfort eating?

I am irritated by this rain. I should go shopping, but I don't want a bad hair day.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th May 17, 2:15 PM
    • 8,354 Posts
    • 28,069 Thanks
    fairy lights
    You don't realise yet but

4. You stepped in some dog !!!! on the way to work as well
    Originally posted by colinw
    It was very muddy puddle water so I fear dog poo is a foregone conclusion.
    And now thanks to some careless fork work I've managed to get pesto on my trousers. At least I smell nice now.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th May 17, 2:16 PM
    • 8,354 Posts
    • 28,069 Thanks
    fairy lights
    If it makes you feel any better, my record is 15.
    Not all at once of course, they were spread out over a day. I'm not an animal.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 17th May 17, 2:23 PM
    • 1,465 Posts
    • 4,205 Thanks
    Izadora
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Thank you, you're both making me feel much better about my ability to eat stupendous amounts of cake. Well, my inability to stop eating even after I know I've had more than enough really...
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 2:27 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,638 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper

I was once told a glass of red wine had the equivalent calories to a doughnut

I now no longer eat doughnuts and just stick to the red wine

I never feel sick or bloated with five
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 2:28 PM
    • 50,888 Posts
    • 139,008 Thanks
    colinw
    Even Homer would not eat 15 in a day
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 17th May 17, 2:35 PM
    • 2,473 Posts
    • 9,760 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I completely forgot that Virgin were doing work in my area today and that my broadband would be down

I realised how little I use the computer when I don't have an internet connection
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3264.1
    This week 74.6
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 17th May 17, 2:38 PM
    • 2,473 Posts
    • 9,760 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Shin causing me grief and severe pain - gone worse past couple of days. Hardly slept last night, Went docs at 7:35am to queue outside. Referred me for an X-ray which I did this morning. Got to wait a WHOLE WEEK - which is going to be the longest week ever. Still got 8 hours of work when infact I just want to cry or sleep.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Ask your GP to refer you to a podiatrist, it could be an orthotic insole for your shoe could solve your problem, I know it did for me.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3264.1
    This week 74.6
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 17th May 17, 2:46 PM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 4,721 Thanks
    Penitent
    They were spread over about 4 hours. Back before my IBS kicked in, I could have done it in one sitting, along with a load more stuff. It sounds like one of those weird health stories ("I cured my binge-eating with IBS!").

What? Five really, jam ones? Are you comfort eating?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Not exactly. I sometimes get it into my head that if I don't eat everything now someone will steal it or it'll go off, so I have to eat it all while I have the chance. It's one of my more annoying compulsions. It's worse on the days when my food's delivered and I suddenly have all this food in front of me.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th May 17, 2:55 PM
    • 8,354 Posts
    • 28,069 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Even Homer would not eat 15 in a day
    It's my party trick.
    Not one I demonstrate very often, on account of not wanting to develop type 2 diabetes. But if I was ever in a situation where a terrorist organisation demanded I eat a bucket of doughnuts or they blow up a school bus, those kids will be home in time for Blue Peter.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 3:05 PM
    • 50,888 Posts
    • 139,008 Thanks
    colinw
    It's my party trick.
    Not one I demonstrate very often, on account of not wanting to develop type 2 diabetes. But if I was ever in a situation where a terrorist organisation demanded I eat a bucket of doughnuts or they blow up a school bus, those kids will be home in time for Blue Peter.
    I guess I never thought of it in that way * throws banana in bin *
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th May 17, 3:09 PM
    • 8,354 Posts
    • 28,069 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I guess I never thought of it in that way * throws banana in bin *
    If you care about those poor kidnapped children at all you'll get down to Greg's and start your doughnut training at once.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th May 17, 3:19 PM
    • 50,888 Posts
    • 139,008 Thanks
    colinw
    If you care about those poor kidnapped children at all you'll get down to Greg's and start your doughnut training at once.
    I am off to see Greg right away!
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 17th May 17, 3:59 PM
    • 7,769 Posts
    • 31,334 Thanks
    Flick216
    I had some yummy Twizzlers delivered at work today - I have eaten most of them. I feel sick. Not just a bit queasy but I actually wish I could go and be sick.

I still want to eat another Twizzler.
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th May 17, 4:18 PM
    • 31,173 Posts
    • 114,916 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Thank you, you're both making me feel much better about my ability to eat stupendous amounts of cake. Well, my inability to stop eating even after I know I've had more than enough really...
    Originally posted by Izadora
    Well, they've done it to me again. Stopped producing something I really like.

This time it's Sainsbury's Caramel Panna Cotta.

Went into my Sainsbury's Local earlier, got a Prawn Makhani and wanted the Panna Cotta for dessert. Not there, no sticker on the shelf, so asked an assistant. Yup, my worse fears realised, they have stopped stocking them, permanently, having done a big shift of products.

Now, given that I don't like chocolate, remember?, and a lot of desserts are too sickly, these Panna Cottas, (Panne Cotte?) were one of the few things I really liked. Sainsbury's had been stocking them for years and years. At one point they changed the recipe, and they became sickly sweet, so I stopped buying them, but then a while later, they changed the recipe back again.

(Other supermarkets do Panna Cottas (Panne Cotte?) but they aren't nice at all, even though they look exactly the same. They are much too sweet).

I am rapidly running out of things I really like.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 17th May 17, 4:32 PM
    • 1,465 Posts
    • 4,205 Thanks
    Izadora
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-caramel-panna-cotta-2x120g

They still have them showing online so hopefully it's just that branch which have stopped stocking them.

It's a shame you can't freeze them or you could order enough to meet the minimum spend for delivery and know that you're not going to run out of them any time soon.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th May 17, 4:39 PM
    • 31,173 Posts
    • 114,916 Thanks
    Pyxis
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-caramel-panna-cotta-2x120g

They still have them showing online so hopefully it's just that branch which have stopped stocking them.

It's a shame you can't freeze them or you could order enough to meet the minimum spend for delivery and know that you're not going to run out of them any time soon.
    Originally posted by Izadora
    I was thinking exactly that. They are unfreezable.

If it is just that branch, I will breathe a sigh of relief.

I was right fed up when they stopped stocking my favourite Sacla pasta sauce across all the stores.

And my favourite handwash.

I'm expecting my favourite beer to go any day soon.
    And my favourite hair taming cream.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 4:55 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,638 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    I had some yummy Twizzlers delivered at work today - I have eaten most of them. I feel sick. Not just a bit queasy but I actually wish I could go and be sick.

I still want to eat another Twizzler.
    Originally posted by Flick216
    What's a Twizzler?

Isn't that something made by Bernard Matthews and banned from school canteens?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,521Posts Today

6,178Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin