Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,360Posts
    • 4,111Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 3
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Mar 17, 10:45 AM
    • 28,086 Posts
    • 102,504 Thanks
    Pyxis
    No, you'd be banning him due to him being abusive. Most stores have a zero tolerance stance towards customers being violent or abusive towards their staff these days. Don't let him play the disability card like that. I have on occasion known disabled people to be banned from stores, due to disruptive behaviour.
    Originally posted by tensandunits
    I may raise this
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Has the store been keeping a log of the abuse incidents? (Not just him asking to pay less for things, but the actual abuse).

If so, and if the care home can show that they have explained to him how unacceptable his behaviour is, then I think you'd be ok.

If you haven't kept records, then start keeping them now, and have dialogues with the care home. Your store can then prove that they are sympathetic to his disability, and have tried to accommodate his behaviour, to no avail.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 20th Mar 17, 10:46 AM
    • 7,627 Posts
    • 30,802 Thanks
    Flick216
    Everything!!!

At least that's what it feels like! It's the anniversary of my father's death tomorrow and I think I just get a bit stressed in the lead up to it!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Mar 17, 11:36 AM
    • 28,086 Posts
    • 102,504 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Everything!!!

At least that's what it feels like! It's the anniversary of my father's death tomorrow and I think I just get a bit stressed in the lead up to it!
    Originally posted by Flick216
    ((((((((Flick))))))))))
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 20th Mar 17, 11:50 AM
    • 6,955 Posts
    • 12,710 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Has the store been keeping a log of the abuse incidents? (Not just him asking to pay less for things, but the actual abuse).

If so, and if the care home can show that they have explained to him how unacceptable his behaviour is, then I think you'd be ok.

If you haven't kept records, then start keeping them now, and have dialogues with the care home. Your store can then prove that they are sympathetic to his disability, and have tried to accommodate his behaviour, to no avail.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    It's the first time he used foul language. Ninety percent of the time he doesn't have enough money on him. One time it was 20p and a customer paid it. Another time he had a note which was out of circulation years ago. I refused him and pointed out the right note.

What I don't understand is that we do get others from the same care home coming in but come in with a carer. Sometimes there is one carer for two of them. Perhaps he may needs to go out with someone
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 20th Mar 17, 11:56 AM
    • 7,957 Posts
    • 26,501 Thanks
    fairy lights
    It's the first time he used foul language. Ninety percent of the time he doesn't have enough money on him. One time it was 20p and a customer paid it. Another time he had a note which was out of circulation years ago. I refused him and pointed out the right note.

What I don't understand is that we do get others from the same care home coming in but come in with a carer. Sometimes there is one carer for two of them. Perhaps he may needs to go out with someone
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    It sounds like he's chancing his luck a bit - he didn't have enough change once and someone helped him out, and now he's realised that if he plays on his disability he might be able to keep getting discounts.
    • tommix
    • By tommix 20th Mar 17, 12:48 PM
    • 35,196 Posts
    • 141,796 Thanks
    tommix
    My partner. She keeps repeating herself.

I knew this would happen when she accepted the job as the speaking clock. Also she precedes everything she does with the words 'At the first stroke'

"At the first stroke I shall be doing the washing up"
    "At the first stroke I shall be making the bed"

You get the picture.

It's driving me up the wall!
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 20th Mar 17, 12:55 PM
    • 7,957 Posts
    • 26,501 Thanks
    fairy lights
    My partner. She keeps repeating herself.

I knew this would happen when she accepted the job as the speaking clock. Also she precedes everything she does with the words 'At the first stroke'

"At the first stroke I shall be doing the washing up"
    "At the first stroke I shall be making the bed"

You get the picture.

It's driving me up the wall!
    Originally posted by tommix
    I'd be worried about those accurists who are sponsoring her. Hiring a woman to repeatedly tell the time? Sounds like a weird fetish if you ask me.
    • tommix
    • By tommix 20th Mar 17, 1:21 PM
    • 35,196 Posts
    • 141,796 Thanks
    tommix
    I'd be worried about those accurists who are sponsoring her. Hiring a woman to repeatedly tell the time? Sounds like a weird fetish if you ask me.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    She's actually sponsored by Poundland who are about to embark on a big promotional push to advertise a range of quality Watches made by Brylcream who have recently joined forces with Rolex to produce the 'Brolex' wristwatch..
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Mar 17, 4:07 PM
    • 28,086 Posts
    • 102,504 Thanks
    Pyxis
    There are advantages to being an oddball: life's never dull, everything's interesting, and you see fun in weird things.

However, it can be a bit lonely.

Unless, of course, you meet other oddballs!

The trouble with that is that you need to meet other oddballs of the same oddballiness.
    If you don't, you just don't understand each other at all, and so feel like even more of an oddball.

You have to meet other oddballs who are on the same part of the oddballiness spectrum.

So, WHERE ARE YOU ALL?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 20th Mar 17, 4:14 PM
    • 7,957 Posts
    • 26,501 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I need some new bedding but can't find anything I like. I can't do poly cotton sheets (I'm basically like the Princess and the Pea, but instead of peas under the mattress keeping me awake it's cheap fabric) but for some reason manufacturers don't make fun, pretty cotton bedding. I don't want classy white bedlinens! I want something a bit razzy that doesn't cost the earth.
    Is that too much to ask for? Yes. Yes it is.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    • 28,086 Posts
    • 102,504 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I need some new bedding but can't find anything I like. I can't do poly cotton sheets (I'm basically like the Princess and the Pea, but instead of peas under the mattress keeping me awake it's cheap fabric) but for some reason manufacturers don't make fun, pretty cotton bedding. I don't want classy white bedlinens! I want something a bit razzy that doesn't cost the earth.
    Try La Redoute.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 20th Mar 17, 4:40 PM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 24,703 Thanks
    suki1964
    Try Northern Nights on QVC
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 20th Mar 17, 4:43 PM
    • 6,955 Posts
    • 12,710 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I'm the same. Plus I change my duvet cover fortnightly and like to flip the duvet over to reveal the other side but many are plain white! I hate white bedding!
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 20th Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    • 7,957 Posts
    • 26,501 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Try La Redoute.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Don't get me started on La Redoute!
    They were one of the first places I tried and if I found a duvet cover I liked, the pillowcases were out of stock. Or if the whole set was in stock, the cover had one of those flipping envelope style openings which are fine on pillows but just flap about on a duvet.
    I used to love La Redoute but their range of bedding seems a lot smaller than it used to.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 20th Mar 17, 4:55 PM
    • 28,086 Posts
    • 102,504 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Don't get me started on La Redoute!
    They were one of the first places I tried and if I found a duvet cover I liked, the pillowcases were out of stock. Or if the whole set was in stock, the cover had one of those flipping envelope style openings which are fine on pillows but just flap about on a duvet.
    I used to love La Redoute but their range of bedding seems a lot smaller than it used to.
    I found the flap was really useful for tucking under the mattress to stop the duvet walking about in the night.
    That's what I thought it was for!

Haven't seen one like that for ages, more's the pity!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • professor~yaffle
    • By professor~yaffle 20th Mar 17, 6:28 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    professor~yaffle
    I usually buy my bedding on EBay. Sometimes you get really good quality Egyptian cotton bedding on there for just a few ££. Failing that, IKEA do nice cotton or linen bedding.

What's irritating me today? The customer in the Post Office who decided to do ALL his banking in one go. The rest of us were standing there for an eternity waiting for him to finish being served. It didn't help that there was only one person serving (as usual).
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 20th Mar 17, 7:21 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,111 Thanks
    Penitent
    Last time I went to the Post Office, the queue was so long the woman just ahead of me basically told me her entire life story and then tried to hit me up for money.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 20th Mar 17, 7:26 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Last time I went to the Post Office, the queue was so long the woman just ahead of me basically told me her entire life story and then tried to hit me up for money.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Now there must be something in the air to do with the post.
    No post for us today.
    Are they striking or something I don't know about?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 21st Mar 17, 10:32 AM
    • 49,602 Posts
    • 135,731 Thanks
    colinw
    Politics and politicians....
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 21st Mar 17, 11:11 AM
    • 4,546 Posts
    • 15,293 Thanks
    indesisiv
    BBC travel website ... or lack thereof now! It still bugs me and its been shut for about a month now. I just want to see if there are accidents on my route.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,057Posts Today

9,026Users online

Martin's Twitter