Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • worriedmamma
    • By worriedmamma 18th Mar 17, 2:25 PM
    • 158Posts
    • 59Thanks
    worriedmamma
    Partner Income Change?
    • 18th Mar 17, 2:25 PM
    Partner Income Change? 18th Mar 17 at 2:25 PM
    Hi all

I'm more than halfway through my BR year (YAAAAAAAAAAAY!) and my husband has had a small wage increase at work.

Do I have to notify the OR of this? It's not a massive amount but I can't remember whether it's just MY income I need to report on or his aswell? Need to dig out the paperwork which is filed away somewhere safe! Just wondering if anyone knows who's been in the same situation or off the top of their head.

Thanks x
Page 1
    • worriedmamma
    • By worriedmamma 5th Apr 17, 7:43 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    worriedmamma
    • 5th Apr 17, 7:43 PM
    • 5th Apr 17, 7:43 PM
    Anyone? Please!
  • National Debtline
    • 6th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    • 6th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    Hi there,

As this is a change in household circumstances you should report it to the OR. Your husbands increased wage may mean he will pay slightly more to the household bills, which will affect the proportional calculation of your surplus and the OR may want to check if this means an Income Payment Arrangement is now applicable.

The safest thing to do is drop the OR an email and make them aware of the changes, and then it is up to the OR what action they take from there. Hope that helps,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 6th Apr 17, 7:34 PM
    • 1,901 Posts
    • 1,755 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 6th Apr 17, 7:34 PM
    • 6th Apr 17, 7:34 PM
    He may have had a small pay rise but I bet your overheads (utilities etc) have gone up by more than the payrise...?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 6th Apr 17, 9:32 PM
    • 10,597 Posts
    • 10,367 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 6th Apr 17, 9:32 PM
    • 6th Apr 17, 9:32 PM
    Small rises in income usually balance themselves out with increases in outgoings.

That's life matey.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

2,283Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Who do you think came out best in the Corbyn v May battle tonight?

• Clever by Paxman; subtly testing out "strong & stable" by focusing on u-turns on Brexit view, social care, self employed tax & election date

• Ps sadly i got in too late to have seen Corbyn, hence why no comment on his performance

• Follow Martin